JMASTERJ

James Johnson 2017-2018 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

What is everyone's view of him so far? His thread is one of the most controversial I've seen. He has his haters and lovers. This is my 1st time owning him, so I'm curious on everyone's take on him. Kawhi is out, I view him as a player that can help replace him a bit, minus the scoring and FT%. 

I've held onto him since I've drafted him and no regrets I would say. He looked great running the point last game against the Hornets. As long as he is able to handle the ball a lot, he will provide significant production in my opinion. I expect his steals and blocks to improve going forward...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adithmuluk said:

I've held onto him since I've drafted him and no regrets I would say. He looked great running the point last game against the Hornets. As long as he is able to handle the ball a lot, he will provide significant production in my opinion. I expect his steals and blocks to improve going forward...

Good to know, I'm holding him. Hopefully his FG% and FT% will trend upwards. The peripherals seem to be there. 

is he rosterable. hes been terrabad..ranked outside 200 last two weeks..i just keep waiting for him to flip that switch and it never comes.

24 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

is he rosterable. hes been terrabad..ranked outside 200 last two weeks..i just keep waiting for him to flip that switch and it never comes.

drop him...hes not good...last year was just a fluke. No threes, No steal or blocks....this guy is useless. lol dont know why all you people keep thinking he will turn it around and think he's good or something

Edited by JChan17

10 minutes ago, JChan17 said:

drop him...hes not good...last year was just a fluke. No threes, No steal or blocks....this guy is useless. lol dont know why all you people keep thinking he will turn it around and think he's good or something

Um the first 20 games or so JJ was essentially Dray Green light, he was playing that well. The ankle injury has derailed him a bit.  So he showed last years form plus to begin the year when everyone was healthy. It really wasn’t a fluke so stop that.  The stocks are down we get it, you just don’t cut a guy with his upside. We get you hate the guy so just get out of the thread already lol. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

I'm holding, he's starting to improve a little, I'm also expecting his stocks to go up.  He's just in a mini-stock slump, but his skills are there and it's just a matter of time before he starts popping up some multiple stock games.  

30 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Um the first 20 games or so JJ was essentially Dray Green light, he was playing that well. The ankle injury has derailed him a bit.  So he showed last years form plus to begin the year when everyone was healthy. It really wasn’t a fluke so stop that.  The stocks are down we get it, you just don’t cut a guy with his upside...

Yeah. He was great. He got hurt. He’ll be great again when he’s all better.

33 minutes ago, JChan17 said:

For JJ's career, he is averaging a shade under a steal and a block per in 20 minutes per game. So yea your claim about the stocks being a fluke are baseless and ridiculous, to say the least. 

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

For JJ's career, he is averaging a shade under a steal and a block per in 20 minutes per game. So yea your claim about the stocks being a fluke are baseless and ridiculous, to say the least. 

It's not right to say it based off of his career averages though. He re-identified himself to to speak with Miami. He is a Draymond Green 2.0 type of guy

8 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

It's not right to say it based off of his career averages though. He re-identified himself to to speak with Miami. He is a Draymond Green 2.0 type of guy

My point was he was averaging those numbers in just 20 per for his career, it’s impressive. You don’t say his stocks were a fluke when JJ has a sample size of averaging 1 steal and block per for his career in such limited run. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rage2021 said:

What's happened to this guy? Even with the minutes posting duds.

he's being played big minutes because of guys out w/ injuries while recovering from his own ankle injury,  just my grain of salt, not a doctor guess..

Edited by Griff X
punctuation

1 hour ago, rage2021 said:

What's happened to this guy? Even with the minutes posting duds.

Like I've said many times...this guy ain't good. No stocks no threes...empty lines every game and does more harm than help since he turns it over so much and his FT suck

9 minutes ago, JChan17 said:

This guy sucks...doesn't do anyanythjng but give TOs LOL.

i win that every week with Dunn Boogie Johnson i get like over 100 TO a week i'm winning right ? :ph34r:, but seriously hes putting up 30 min. hes not bad. just not good either at the moment I like JJ i have faith his lines will get better

33 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

last season was probably a fluke..

and the beginning of this season???  he was averaging 11 pts (50% fg) 5 reb 4 ast 1 stl 0.8 blk before he got injured

• Thanks 1

He is the biggest BUST of the season after Brook Lopez.

fed up with him and dropped. gets the minutes and doesn't produce, no stocks, outside of top 200 last month. got paid and called it a day i guess.

good luck guys.