JMASTERJ

James Johnson 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Who are you guys picking up now that you are dropping him?

Watch he blowup after i drop him.

Just now, DLG10 said:

he wont though..hes been sucking for awhile..outside of the beginning of the season IIRC hes been pretty mediocre. i just picked up Reggie Bullock rather tack a flyer on him for threes/points otherwise on to someone else until i hit gold. better then these consistent goose eggs from James.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

E'Twaun Moore! That pickup alone saved me my matchup on last day! He wont blow up, JRich has official been named the Miami stock market 2017-2018. James was last year. You, my man got to hope they trade him in non playoff team and he blows off!

Had high hopes for James Johnson but I dropped for Gallinari but will watch Bullock also.

3 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Had high hopes for James Johnson but I dropped for Gallinari but will watch Bullock also.

me too! Picked him 64th in draft!

If you're a sure lock into the playoffs, I'd hold for now. I feel his bad performances are partly due to injury and Coach Spo's rotations. I hope as they push for their playoff run, Coach gets to tighten the rotation more. If given more minutes and a more prominent role, he can really deliver.

1 minute ago, ThisIsSparta said:

If you're a sure lock into the playoffs, I'd hold for now. I feel his bad performances are partly due to injury and Coach Spo's rotations. I hope as they push for their playoff run, Coach gets to tighten the rotation more. If given more minutes and a more prominent role, he can really deliver.

hes getting 27 minutes over last month how much more can he possibly get? he avg'd that last year with his career year. hes just not producing  but maybe your right about the injury and he needs time to settle in..i think hes had more then enough time though.,.

2 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

hes getting 27 minutes over last month how much more can he possibly get? he avg'd that last year with his career year. hes just not producing  but maybe your right about the injury and he needs time to settle in..i think hes had more then enough time though.,.

Yes, sadly, that seems to be the case. I also hope it is just a rotation issue that needs to be fixed. Last year, he had the minutes and a prominent role, along with a complete and healthy lineup. The only difference was Olynyk.

I'm still laughing at all the people saying he was gonna turn it around and talking about his career numbers. Such fools...once again last year was a fluke. This guy sucks lol. Glad I dropped him weeks ago 

5 hours ago, JChan17 said:

I'm still laughing at all the people saying he was gonna turn it around and talking about his career numbers. Such fools...once again last year was a fluke. This guy sucks lol. Glad I dropped him weeks ago 

Dude we get it, you can't stand him. Enough with your posts about how he sucks and how everyone got fooled by him, what's the point?

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

Dude we get it, you can't stand him. Enough with your posts about how he sucks and how everyone got fooled by him, what's the point?

To prove I'm right obv

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, JChan17 said:

To prove I'm right obv

He can still turn it around though... Looks less likely but I think he could

Winslow having the best game of his career, hence the low minutes tonight. JJ will get his groove back soon.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Winslow having the best game of his career, hence the low minutes tonight. JJ will get his groove back soon.

How many times are ppl gonna be like "he will get his groove soon" LOL...ppl so delusional

2 hours ago, JChan17 said:

Absolute trash

Another incredibly useful post. I’m going to start tweeting your inanely redundant comments to J.J. since you’re clearly obsessed with him.

Edited by Jub Jub

I think there's a good chance Miami will deal Whiteside and possibly also Dragic to open up minutes across the team.. I'm going to wait post trade-deadline before deciding if I drop or not.. if Miami doesn't make any moves I won't be keeping him. Johnson needs the ball in his hands, he's a point forward. In the game vs Charlotte where Dragic sat out they handed him the ball and he went off for 20+ and ran the team completely. He can bounce back, but he needs Dragic / Whiteside out of the picture. 

A lot of people here criticizing him or trying to figure out why he's not playing well are missing the real reason, and it's because he needs to handle the ball. He stated recently a few games ago when asked about his struggles that he isn't being used the same way as last year, they have him more as a spot up shooter and occassional cutter, whereas he's a poor man's LeBron type with the ball in his hands, because he's a mismatch nightmare since he can post smaller players and attack bigger players off the dribble, and he plays the pick and roll really well up at the top of the key.

He's not a catch and shoot guy, they need to get him out of that spot. 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I think there's a good chance Miami will deal Whiteside and possibly also Dragic to open up minutes across the team.. I'm going to wait post trade-deadline before deciding if I drop or not.. if Miami doesn't make any moves I won't be keeping him. Johnson needs the ball in his hands, he's a point forward. In the game vs Charlotte where Dragic sat out they handed him the ball and he went off for 20+ and ran the team completely. He can bounce back, but he needs Dragic / Whiteside out of the picture. 

A lot of people here criticizing him or trying to figure out why he's not playing well are missing the real reason, and it's because he needs to handle the ball. He stated recently a few games ago when asked about his struggles that he isn't being used the same way as last year, they have him more as a spot up shooter and occassional cutter, whereas he's a poor man's LeBron type with the ball in his hands, because he's a mismatch nightmare since he can post smaller players and attack bigger players off the dribble, and he plays the pick and roll really well up at the top of the key.

He's not a catch and shoot guy, they need to get him out of that spot. 

Are there reports of Miami wanting to deal dragic and whitey?

16 minutes ago, ROTY said:

Are there reports of Miami wanting to deal dragic and whitey?

Whiteside yes, Dragic not yet. Their roster just has too much depth and redundancy. They need to open it up for Adebayo / Olynyk / Winsow / Johnson. I think they also want Richardson to take over more at PG with playmaking. Whiteside struggles when they face small ball lineups, that's why they opt to go smaller late in games because of the speed of scoring guards and teams opting to go smaller to get Whiteside out of the game, Whiteside's immobility hurts him on the perimeter and he gives up trying to run at shooters when teams make the extra pass. 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1