JMASTERJ

James Johnson 2017-2018 Season Outlook

6 minutes ago, munky said:

only 18 mins. any reason for concern?

Blowout. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, munky said:

only 18 mins. any reason for concern?

Miami as a whole has been playing inconsistent basketball, not just James Johnson. You look across the board with this team and they're having a hard time on a game to game basis finding their identity and getting production from all the guys (including Whiteside, Waiters, and Dragic). The blowout doesn't help.

There'll be a shakeup sooner rather than later, and I think once JJ is inserted into the starting lineup as a small ball 4 a lot of people here are going to regret making any short-sighted moves in regards to him. Waiters is pretty brittle, and both he and Jrich are only one Waiters injury away from massive game to game production. I think before long they'll also realize Waiters belongs coming off the bench for limited minutes, and not Johnson.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He also had 5 fouls btw.

5 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

There'll be a shakeup sooner rather than later, and I think once JJ is inserted into the starting lineup as a small ball 4

Didn't he say he prefers coming off the bench? But I guess if Spo asks him to start, he won't say no lol. I also can't see them bringing Waiters off the bench, even though he does belong there.

6 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

He also had 5 fouls btw.

Didn't he say he prefers coming off the bench? But I guess if Spo asks him to start, he won't say no lol. I also can't see them bringing Waiters off the bench, even though he does belong there.

He plays considerably better as a starting small ball 4, when they tested him out there at times during this season and during preseason he put up monster lines at that spot, and it makes complete sense given his skill set as a draymond type point forward.

They're doing both he and their team a disservice. 

Last year as a starting small ball 4 in 5 starts he averaged: 18 / 7 / 5.6 / 1.2 and 1.6 3's.. 

This year he has slightly better stats in 5 games as a starting 4: 12.2 / 6.4 / 4 / 1.2 / 1.2 and .6 3's .. 

They just need to stop toying around with this Olynyk and committee at PF stuff.. now with Whiteside out we'll see what happens. 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Thanks 1

Can they start him already?

I thought I pulled off a heist trading for this guy with Justin Holiday. Please prove my trade right.

Lol wow you did. 

This Winslow project has to end sooner or later.

It’s no secret that opposing teams have just forced Dragic off the ball and been allowing Waiters to iso, which is why the starters have struggled and the 2nd unit has been playing catch up over the past few weeks.

• Like 1

he seems very droppable at this point. But i know once i drop him he's gonna go back to being the beast wev all seen before <_<

Been real bad the last few weeks with averages of 8/5/3 but James John is an easy hold for me. I view him as a glue guy where solid teams need players like him, yea they will slump at times but when guys like him are rolling he is essentially Dray Green and you can't find that upside on the wire. 

• Like 3

Tom D'Angelo‏Verified account 
@tomdangelo44
James Johnson and Kelly Olynyk in tonight's starting lineup. Join Dragic, Waiters, Richardson

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Tom D'Angelo‏Verified account 
@tomdangelo44
James Johnson and Kelly Olynyk in tonight's starting lineup. Join Dragic, Waiters, Richardson

Only took over a quarter of the season to finally start him...

• Like 1

Will probably avoid drafting him next year. Looks like last year was his peak and for an athletic guy beginning his early 30's it doesn't bode well..

Anybody trying to trade this guy? If so, who are you trying to get in return? 

Hopefully he sticks in the starting unit and balls out but he has been very inconsistent this year 

Just got the starting gig back. I will give it a couple more games...but waiters / jrich does seem to affect his value.

If he can stay out if foul trouble he will be fine. People are overreacting as nobody on the wire can give you the popcorn plus the 1-1-1 that he does.

He’s not going to average more than 14ppg even as a starter but that’s not what you grab him for. He’s like a smaller and less patient and horford with a less defined role. 

• Like 1