JMASTERJ

James Johnson 2017-2018 Season Outlook

7 minutes ago, bruceleroy7 said:

Quick question for those that owned JJ last year. Was he this inconsistent last year? Should I expect this up and down all year if I pick him up now? Thanks

As far as I can remember yes. But it had something to do with his undefined role to begin the season. In my league he got dropped and picked up from the wire several times until I picked him up for the last third of the season and he rolled.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, bruceleroy7 said:

Quick question for those that owned JJ last year. Was he this inconsistent last year? Should I expect this up and down all year if I pick him up now? Thanks

From what I remember it was him and fellow "Brother's Johnson", Tyler Johnson, who turned the whole Heat season around. After that 41 game split where the Heat went on that magical run, he was a consistent weekly top 50-60 option the rest of the season and was a league winning waiver pickup on a lot of championship teams 

first 41 games Top 107: 48 / 70 / 1/ 11 / 5 / 3 / .8 / .9

last 41 games Top 60: 47 /  72 / 1 / 14 / 5 / 5 / 1.2 / 1.3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ThottiePippen said:

From what I remember it was him and fellow "Brother's Johnson", Tyler Johnson, who turned the whole Heat season around. After that 41 game split where the Heat went on that magical run, he was a consistent weekly top 50-60 option the rest of the season and was a league winning waiver pickup on a lot of championship teams 

Yeah, he won me my league :)

11 hours ago, ThottiePippen said:

Waiters was the main driving force behind that run. He put the whole squad on his back. But the Johnson's played their part no doubt.

5 minutes ago, UniCornucopia said:

As a sub...

I really don't think it's relevant. He's coming off an ankle injury so they may want to limit his min a bit and could also be match up based.

Edited by HK-47

4 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

I really don't think it's relevant. He's coming off an ankle injury so they may want to limit his min a bit and could also be match up based.

Probably.

It's just that he was starting to surge as a starter, so hopefully Spo puts him back where he belongs sooner rather than later.

10 minutes ago, UniCornucopia said:

Probably.

It's just that he was starting to surge as a starter, so hopefully Spo puts him back where he belongs sooner rather than later.

It doesn't seem to matter either way. His stats and minutes are very similar regardless. 

As Starter 11 28:17 4.5 8.8 50.5 0.5 2.3 20.0 1.7 2.4 73.1 0.4 5.4 5.7 4.2 2.3 1.0 1.2 2.9 11.1
As Sub 17 27:00 3.9 8.1 48.6 1.1 2.7 39.1 1.8 2.6 68.9 1.1 3.7 4.8 4.1 2.5 1.0 0.5 2.9 10.8
Edited by HK-47

9 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

It doesn't seem to matter either way. His stats and minutes are very similar regardless. 

As Starter 11 28:17 4.5 8.8 50.5 0.5 2.3 20.0 1.7 2.4 73.1 0.4 5.4 5.7 4.2 2.3 1.0 1.2 2.9 11.1
As Sub 17 27:00 3.9 8.1 48.6 1.1 2.7 39.1 1.8 2.6 68.9 1.1 3.7 4.8 4.1 2.5 1.0 0.5 2.9 10.8

Minutes similar yes.

Numbers are close, but better. And as I mentioned, he was doing well before the injury.

Regardless, happy he's back! (Ahead of schedule too IIRC?)

8 minutes ago, UniCornucopia said:

Minutes similar yes.

Numbers are close, but better. And as I mentioned, he was doing well before the injury.

Regardless, happy he's back! (Ahead of schedule too IIRC?)

Point is his value is tied to whether he starts or comes off the bench. For example, I don't think there's any rhyme or reason as to why he has more 3's and less blocks as a sub. Most stats are so close it's really splitting hairs. Main takeaway is his minutes and useage are pretty much the same no matter what so no need to worry about it. We have enough to worry about with all the injuries and whatnot...ha.

Yes, he was expected to miss this game so good see he is back and healthy.

Edited by HK-47
  • Like 1

Just now, kane said:

damn,he hurts again

Well dang. Guess he came back too soon. Bursitis can hurt and be a SOB to heal sometimes. I've dealt with it in my left hip. 

1 minute ago, Lifschitz said:

Same injury?

Yeah, that's the report. I'm going to assume the bursa sac got pissed off ( so to speak) and filled back up with fluid. Have some personal experience with bursitis.

He should've never played on Saturday to begin with. A few more days of rest will do wonders, medical staff.

• Like 1

Is this guy worth holding onto?

Not many stocks this season.

Edited by DLG10

Worth a wavier ? Are people holding. Just seen him on the wire and IMO he has too much upside to be sitting there .

26 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

I've been holding without a second thought.

Same.

Tonight was his 3rd straight missed game. That should qualify him for the INJ tag, right?