Code of Hammurabi

Kris Dunn 2017-2018 Season Thread

Watching this guy is painful. He might be the worst offensive player I've ever seen. No exaggeration. He's that bad. He makes Marcus Smart and Elfrid Payton look like elite offensive talents. I had hope this dude could be a back end asset. He might be out of the league in 2 years. 

Hoiberg said Bulls will likely start Grant, Dunn at guard. Undetermined at SF.

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/930483061824933888

Coach Fred Hoiberg said that he will likely start Jerian Grant and Kris Dunn in the backcourt on Wednesday vs. OKC.
Justin Holiday (personal) will not be with the team following the birth of his first child, opening a spot in the starting lineup. Dunn has played relatively well of late. Over Chicago's last three games, he is averaging 13.7 points (on 51.4 percent shooting), 4.3 rebounds, 3.7 assists, and 3.0 steals in 28.6 minutes per contest. He should be expected to exceed 30 minutes on Wednesday, which makes him an enticing DFS option. Nov 14 - 12:27 PM

Edited by XOrad10

9 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

Hoiberg said Bulls will likely start Grant, Dunn at guard. Undetermined at SF.

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/930483061824933888

Coach Fred Hoiberg said that he will likely start Jerian Grant and Kris Dunn in the backcourt on Wednesday vs. OKC.
Justin Holiday (personal) will not be with the team following the birth of his first child, opening a spot in the starting lineup. Dunn has played relatively well of late. Over Chicago's last three games, he is averaging 13.7 points (on 51.4 percent shooting), 4.3 rebounds, 3.7 assists, and 3.0 steals in 28.6 minutes per contest. He should be expected to exceed 30 minutes on Wednesday, which makes him an enticing DFS option. Nov 14 - 12:27 PM

I bet he's been shooting for years before he hit this one. 

• Haha 2

hot damn man...he has 16 steals in 6 games. unreal. He's closing out the game too. Pick him up if he was dropped imo.

Edited by 12345game10
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 12345game10 said:

hot damn man...he has 16 steals in 6 games. unreal. He's closing out the game too. Pick him up if he was dropped imo.

Even in a 10-teamer?

2 hours ago, ItaliaBBALL said:

Even in a 10-teamer?

He might  settle in at 12-5-5-2.3. That's a must-add in my opinion. The guy's the most natural ballthief I've seen come into the league since Artest (meaning he's not getting a ton of those MJ/CP3 anticipatory steals where he shoots into the passing lane on a gamble -- he just takes the ball away from guys that dare dribble near him).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

He might  settle in at 12-5-5-2.3. That's a must-add in my opinion. The guy's the most natural ballthief I've seen come into the league since Artest (meaning he's not getting a ton of those MJ/CP3 anticipatory steals where he shoots into the passing lane on a gamble -- he just takes the ball away from guys that dare dribble near him).

I'm just worried about the fg% and turnovers. What do you think he'll get for fg% and how many shots? I'm hoping 2.5 turnovers is his ceiling too..

5 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

I'm just worried about the fg% and turnovers. What do you think he'll get for fg% and how many shots? I'm hoping 2.5 turnovers is his ceiling too..

I honestly have no idea. If he can stick to just taking a couple open threes a game and taking the rest of his shots in the paint, he could shoot around 43-44%. If the Bulls eventually run with a Dunn-Lavine-Valentine-Lauri-Lopez lineup, Dunn might be the third ball-handler/shot creator, which should mitigate the TOs a bit. Given his speed/athleticism, he should still be able to hit 5 APG as a tertiary ball handler by driving and kicking to shooters like Lauri, Portis, Holiday, Lavine, etc. 

That's best case, though. I'd be willing to roll the dice because the steals will be there and the Bulls will give him plenty of  chances to play through rough patches. But yeah, he might not hit 40%. It's a gamble. 

3 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

But yeah, he might not hit 40%

Goddamn, that's a scary though. He's going to be putting up shots too. But if I drop JRich for him, I won't really lose anything then lol

his struggles with freethrows will hold him back it seems. 

again if he could hit his freethrows, his value would skyrocket.
Dudes shooting in the 20% range in the past week. That's crazy lol

13 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

again if he could hit his freethrows, his value would skyrocket.
Dudes shooting in the 20% range in the past week. That's crazy lol

I agree - The FT% has not come around like the FG% has. Last year they both were abysmal. FTs will probably be a problem the whole year. But I like Dunn tho and orher than the FT% he is playing really well and I think when Lavine comes back it will only help Dunn more to take less pressure off of him.

No love for this guy tonight? Just had another gem and flirted with a triple double. 17-9-7 with 3 steals. Also hit game winning fts 

Gotta admit I didn't see this coming and I don't own him anywhere. But, props to him for improving his game and making the most of the opportunity.