KCSteve1160

Thoughts on Odor...

20 Team H2H Points League. Keep 12. I am one keeper short so I'm looking to deal Keuchel to get said keeper.

Send: Dallas Keuchel

Receive: Dylan Bundy, Rougned Odor

Keuchel averaged 20.4 points per game. 

Bundy averaged 16.8 points per game.

Odor averaged 1.7 points per game.

I know Odor is still very young but does he warrant my last keeper spot?

My other keepers are Realmuto, Myers, Lamb, A. Rosario, Yelich, Eaton, Inciarte, Keuchel, Nola, Urias, and Britton.

I'd rather have Keuchel. But Odor is a solid keeper as well if you get to keep 12. I assume you're keeping Bundy as well since you are one short? Otherwise you're still one short.

I'd keep pitching in point leagues plus Odor is might not be in the league that much longer if he keeps striking out at his rate.

S

On 10/5/2017 at 7:38 AM, DropkickAlex said:

I'd keep pitching in point leagues plus Odor is might not be in the league that much longer if he keeps striking out at his rate.

See Mark Reynolds. But I agree with keeping pitching over Odor.

Odor's K rate is not the issue. His babip this season was an absurdly low .224, which was the lowest amongst all qualified batters.

I didn't watch many Rangers games, but am guessing teams are shifting the crap out of him and he hasn't adjusted yet and is still pulling the ball as hard as he can. His pull% this season was actually 50%, up from 47.3 in '16. If I'm right and he doesn't learn to hit balls oppo more, he's gonna have a real tough time getting on base ROC (Rest of Career).

But if he can get back to his 2016 babip, that's a guy you want.

5 hours ago, BlueJaysIn2030 said:

Odor sucks

I will eternally give Odor extra points and slack for destroying Jose Bautista, LOL

Yeah he sucker punched Joey Bats . Hit him with the force of a 10 year girl. Bautista only went back a little and  not even close to going down . Odor still sucks as a player.

Not impressed. And with you pitching staff you'll need Keuchel. Pass.

I don't know what your points system is like, but 1.7 per game doesn't sound very good, especially considering what those pitchers are averaging.

If your league factors in K and BB heavily for hitters, Odor might never be that great in your format (as opposed to roto where 30 HR and 15 SB can hide a lot of flaws.) I'd probably lean toward keeping Keuchel.