rebol2n

Nic Batum 2017-2018 outlook

7 hours ago, hoopking said:

time to sell?

When you think a player is done, you expect a period in which he produces a few solid lines just to sell him, right? But when is the best time to do that? When you starting doubting your self if he is a sell high after all, thats when. Ofc thats not always the case, there are plenty of examples on a situation changeing 180 degrees and a player actually turning things over. However, Batum still hasnt said anything about his elbow getting better. Hornets still out of the PO picture and willing to disband and start rebuild. Batum has all the time and usage he wants in Charlote, so its not like he can find himself in a better situation fantasy wise. There are 2 ways this thing is gonna go down: 

1) Batum stays in Charlote as a veteran in a non competing team with a great shutting down possibility

2) Batum gets dealt in a trade and takes a hit on his already frustrating averages (i cant think of a trade scenario though...)

If you think Batum has a chance to turn this season around, there might be another owner in your league who believes the same thing. Find him, blind him, rob him. Feel free to argue with my logic, im open to any other thoughts/opinions. I really wish i am wrong

• Like 1

Great news! Just hopped aboard the BTOOM! Pain TrainTM !

With the way my month is going (re: Conley & Wall), the jinx is in! Whoo-hoo!

On 1/21/2018 at 12:10 PM, Taipan said:

I am of the opinion that he is in the process of “turning the corner” on the season and will play out the rest of the season on the Hornets providing top 75 value. I’ve endured his “crapitude” all season and intend to reap whatever benefit(s) he has to offer. 

I’m going to toot my own horn!!!!

• Like 3

Charlotte Hornets guard Nic Batum has performed far better statistically since coach Steve Clifford returned from a six-week medical leave nine games ago. Batum says that’s no coincidence.

He also knows the past nine games have represented a turnaround for him, and the underlying reason is obvious to him: Since returning from six weeks of medical leave, Hornets coach Steve Clifford has made it a priority to get the ball into Batum’s hands early in games.

“I don’t want just plays to score. When you get me involved early in a game, I can do this ball-movement stuff,” Batum said following practice Saturday at Talking Stick Resort Arena. “Like (Friday’s victory over the Indiana Pacers): I scored, yes (31 points), but we were moving. There wasn’t a lot of one-on-one play. I don’t know how many assists we had in the first quarter, but it had to be a lot.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nba/charlotte-hornets/article198325239.html

Edited by -M-
  • Like 2

On 1/31/2018 at 11:41 PM, clutchfan89 said:

he's a had a string of good games. I'm tempted to sell high while i can. Any thoughts?

I have him on one of my rosters. A bit worried that he gets dealt in which he will take a hit. Been ballin' out here lately. Wish he was playing like this earlier. Ever since management/owner stating trades, he's been on fire. Go figure! Still I think he's gets dealt which will be a shame cuz he's mage a huge difference on my roster since he's been fuego.

Almost no chance Batum gets traded, have you seen his contract? He’s owed massive money and although he’s been balling lately, I doubt NBA GMs are that short sighted. It’s also unclear if his elbow is actually healed.

All that being said, he had a fantastic week and hopefully he keeps it up.

Batum wont get traded but that doesnt mean there is nothing to worry about. The possibility of him getting stuck in a tanking team raises the shut down possibility through the roof. If the Hornets win the next 2 against Nuggets (gigantic IF) then they are back in the PO race. They might want to go for it despite the outcomes against Nuggets. Ofc they cant expect anything more than just a first round elimination in the PO, and thats something that most of the teams would not settle for. However Hornets know that Walker really wants to stay and he would love to sign a max multiyear contract there. They also know that they will never get an all star player like Kemba from free agency and the scenario in which they draft a great talent and develop it into a franchise player is also unlikely. Thats what keeps Hornets from breaking the whole thing down and enter rebuild mode. Thats what Batum's, Kemba's and Howard's owners should hope for... (give it a shot for one more year)

I too agree that there's no chance he gets traded. If anybody's getting traded it's Kemba regardless of what MJ is saying.

On 1/30/2018 at 2:08 AM, Manos A said:

When you think a player is done, you expect a period in which he produces a few solid lines just to sell him, right? But when is the best time to do that? When you starting doubting your self if he is a sell high after all, thats when. Ofc thats not always the case, there are plenty of examples on a situation changeing 180 degrees and a player actually turning things over. However, Batum still hasnt said anything about his elbow getting better. Hornets still out of the PO picture and willing to disband and start rebuild. Batum has all the time and usage he wants in Charlote, so its not like he can find himself in a better situation fantasy wise. There are 2 ways this thing is gonna go down: 

1) Batum stays in Charlote as a veteran in a non competing team with a great shutting down possibility

2) Batum gets dealt in a trade and takes a hit on his already frustrating averages (i cant think of a trade scenario though...)

If you think Batum has a chance to turn this season around, there might be another owner in your league who believes the same thing. Find him, blind him, rob him. Feel free to argue with my logic, im open to any other thoughts/opinions. I really wish i am wrong

#3) Charlotte is going for it, and every game is must-win. 

From their perspective, they are a good team and now finally healthy. Batum/Kemba/Howard combo should have had a better record by now. They want to win and get into the playoffs, badly. They see Washington falling out, and maybe others. 

Batum top 40 from here on in.

7 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

#3) Charlotte is going for it, and every game is must-win. 

From their perspective, they are a good team and now finally healthy. Batum/Kemba/Howard combo should have had a better record by now. They want to win and get into the playoffs, badly. They see Washington falling out, and maybe others. 

Batum top 40 from here on in.

Ok, in my defense, I said that before their 3 game winning streak and their record was 17-29 back then. I ve re-posted since then and i actually believe there is the 3d scenario that you wrote about. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Taipan said:

I too agree that there's no chance he gets traded. If anybody's getting traded it's Kemba regardless of what MJ is saying.

Not fantasy related by why would they want to trade Kemba?   Do they believe he's too small or may leave for another team?  

Edited by DLG10

Reaping the benefits now. Always was a Batum fan in fantasy so im happy hes balling out the past few weeks. Expecting top 50 value as well going forward.

Edited by boytoy