Mikhov

Serge Ibaka Outlook 2017-18 Season

I just picked him up in a trade (as a side piece, main person was Kawhi), but I am punting blocks and do not need him.

Who are some good punt blocks but decent rebs guys that I could reasonably trade for?

22 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

Still a solid source of the hardest category to get. I drafted him and was able to swap for Kanter so I dodged a bullet.

That being said I just lost blocks and would have won had I not made the trade.

tumblr_mpwdgtUnrQ1rvzu9do1_500.gif

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, crocp said:

I just picked him up in a trade (as a side piece, main person was Kawhi), but I am punting blocks and do not need him.

Who are some good punt blocks but decent rebs guys that I could reasonably trade for?

More of an AC question, but I'll throw some names... Barnes, Gibson, Markkanen, Kanter (owner probably won't accept the way he has been rolling), Carroll, Ryno, KCP

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid

Traded him for John Collins, coming first in my league and don't need the 3's. Plus I've been benching the geriatric anyway. 

1 hour ago, escanorvailfriks said:

If you have the time, check The MYSTERIOUS Identity of Serge Ibaka by Andy Hoops on YouTube.

Teaser: Samuel Soba.

I prefer video he did on Ilyasova,that one was actually believable

18 hours ago, Hyperize said:

Traded him for John Collins, coming first in my league and don't need the 3's. Plus I've been benching the geriatric anyway. 

I like that trade and might go for it myself.

I offered Barnes early in the season and was thankfully rejected!  Dude has been underwhelming.

The 2014-2015 Ibaka is certainly not coming back, but I don't get why people are dropping him.  Someone just dropped him in my league and I happily picked him up.

I'll gladly take a guy who gets 1.5 3PTS and 1.5 BLKS per game, along with a FT% that doesn't kill you (career 75.4% FT...I think his poor current FT% will trend up towards his career norm) for my last roster spot.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

The 2014-2015 Ibaka is certainly not coming back, but I don't get why people are dropping him.  Someone just dropped him in my league and I happily picked him up.

I'll gladly take a guy who gets 1.5 3PTS and 1.5 BLKS per game, along with a FT% that doesn't kill you (career 75.4% FT...I think his poor current FT% will trend up towards his career norm) for my last roster spot.

trending up as well.

I would be thrilled beyond belief if this guy could somehow claw his way into the top 100.

6 minutes ago, bdy1 said:

I would be thrilled beyond belief if this guy could somehow claw his way into the top 100.

Once the free throw percentage normalizes, I think Ibaka will be a top 100 fantasy player.  The decline in blocks is for real and has been going on for multiple years but this year's decline in FT% seems really fluky to me.  If anything, his year-to-year trend for FT% has been improving each year before this year.

He is 98 for the year on bbm

I could very well see him hitting 60-75 by seasons end with values in blks/3s/%s

At worst he stays the same

20 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I could very well see him hitting 60-75 by seasons end with values in blks/3s/%s

The rest of line may stay the same, but I'd be shocked if the FT% didn't improve.

Here's his year-by-year FT% trend before this year: 63%, 75%, 66%, 75%, 78%, 84%, 75%,  86%

Given this trend, doesn't his current 64% from the line seem really fluky?

1 hour ago, FootballFan101 said:

The rest of line may stay the same, but I'd be shocked if the FT% didn't improve.

Here's his year-by-year FT% trend before this year: 63%, 75%, 66%, 75%, 78%, 84%, 75%,  86%

Given this trend, doesn't his current 64% from the line seem really fluky?

ft% is volatile, other than the guys that shoot like 90%, others seem to fluctuate a lot. look at westbrook right now for example. in the sample you have shown he has shot mid 60's twice in the last 8 years so, so there is precedent for it. also, you have to look at the number of free throw attempts, it could be that he is getting to the line very infrequently so far this season and he has shot a low percentage in a small sample set before the law of averages starts to take over...

but ya, just look at westbrook

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

142 ESPN in 9cat with 2x2 instead of TO. 117 in BBM, which I trust more, but I feel better when they’re aligned. I hope you guys are right and days like today become more consistent.

4 hours ago, SuperHans said:

man, these conspiracies about his age are starting to get ridiculous...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, richg24 said:

in the sample you have shown he has shot mid 60's twice in the last 8 years so, so there is precedent for it.

Those two times were in the first 3 years of his career.  The point I was trying to make is that unlike his blocks which have been trending down for years, his FT% is anything has been getting better with age.  So therefore, like I said, I think this year's FT% is fluky and will normalize.

8 hours ago, richg24 said:

also, you have to look at the number of free throw attempts, it could be that he is getting to the line very infrequently so far this season and he has shot a low percentage in a small sample set before the law of averages starts to take over...

Exactly, that's why I'm saying I think it will normalize by the end of the year.  I'd be really surprised if he's not at least 75% FT by the end of the season.

Honestly, other than FT%, his numbers look pretty similar to last year when he was a top 50 player.  I don't understand why people are dropping him, including someone in one of my leagues.  If the FT% normalizes, he's a top 75 player still.