Mikhov

Serge Ibaka Outlook 2017-18 Season

3 hours ago, FootballFan101 said:

Those two times were in the first 3 years of his career.  The point I was trying to make is that unlike his blocks which have been trending down for years, his FT% is anything has been getting better with age.  So therefore, like I said, I think this year's FT% is fluky and will normalize.

Exactly, that's why I'm saying I think it will normalize by the end of the year.  I'd be really surprised if he's not at least 75% FT by the end of the season.

Honestly, other than FT%, his numbers look pretty similar to last year when he was a top 50 player.  I don't understand why people are dropping him, including someone in one of my leagues.  If the FT% normalizes, he's a top 75 player still.

Ya, I mean odds would say that you are likely to be right and that his ft% will normalize, but sometimes players just lose their ft% confidence for whatever reason and have big outlier seasons in ft%. look at horford too, earlier in his career i believe he was like high 70s, and then a few seasons ago he was in mid 60s, and now back up to high 70's or low 80's even. and ya again i have to mention westbrook, career 82% ft on high attempts, this season 72% on high attempts...it's strange and i doubt anyone can explain it, but it happens. 

still, you are correct that it's more likely that ibaka finishes with mid 70's ft than it is that he will stay in the 60's, but it definitely can happen is all i'm saying. generally guys that don't get to the line often have much more fluctuation in their ft% because they don't take enough over the course of a season to solidify what their true average would be, but guys that get to the line a lot generally do balance out because they have enough attempts for the variance to smooth out - but westbrook so far is refuting that logic lol

Do you guys think this is just a hot streak or he finally figured it out for the year? Is it a good time to sell "high" even though this is way worse than we all thought he would be this year.  I was offered Avery Bradley for him who also seems like a bust so far too, so not sure what to do...

14 minutes ago, magic32 said:

Do you guys think this is just a hot streak or he finally figured it out for the year? Is it a good time to sell "high" even though this is way worse than we all thought he would be this year.  I was offered Avery Bradley for him who also seems like a bust so far too, so not sure what to do...

A relative sell high moment compared to the numbers he put up some games ago. Personally I have faith in him keeping this up. Role is clear. Maybe worth to wait/gamble a few more games to see if his value picks up even more.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, magic32 said:

I think his value suffered a bit when he went on that cold streak from the 3s, but I believe what we are seeing now is more or less what he should be able to offer ROS. I know it is an AC forum discussion, but I personally would not accept Bradley for him. It is hard to come across someone who gives you consistent blks this year, aside from the fact that he gives you 3s and decent %s as well. In any case, if there is a player you are after, this would be a good time to try to work a trade. I have faith in him though, patience is important.

• Like 1

he had a huge run down block in the firsts quarter that wasn't credited to him WTF IS WRONG WITH STAT TRACKERS THIS YEAR

9 minutes ago, JChan17 said:

he had a huge run down block in the firsts quarter that wasn't credited to him WTF IS WRONG WITH STAT TRACKERS THIS YEAR

He blocked a pass so it was just the ball being knocked out of bounds

While many were down on Ibaka including some manager in my league, i was able to trade for him and am now enjoying the rewards of my gamble. I traded Darren Collison for Ibaka a few weeks ago in a roto league (have lots of assists , but needed a C).

Anyone one think this level of play is sustainable for the whole season? Hes not doing too much of anything, just efficient and doesn't turn the ball over much. 

1 hour ago, senemark said:

While many were down on Ibaka including some manager in my league, i was able to trade for him and am now enjoying the rewards of my gamble. I traded Darren Collison for Ibaka a few weeks ago in a roto league (have lots of assists , but needed a C).

Anyone one think this level of play is sustainable for the whole season? Hes not doing too much of anything, just efficient and doesn't turn the ball over much. 

At the moment, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be. In short, Toronto's playoff bound, and Ibaka has a clear role.

He's such a good roto C too. Doesn't kill you in the efficiency stats. Low out of position rebounds being the only glaring deficit, but still quite manageable. 

hes a must own in punt ft%, assists teams as its hard to have 4-5 starters that dont shoot threes'which most teams in this build have with some sort of whitside/gobert/dj/drumm/capela/dwight

ibaka is basically poor mans porzingis that you could of got as your 3rd or 4th big

Edited by colepenhagen

Patience wins you championships in fantasy. He is putting on a show right now (or at least showing what we expected when we drafted him). Love how quiet this thread has gone now.

4 hours ago, hoopking said:

patience is key. but anyone sees this a sell high window? 

If you don't need Blks/3's out of a big man then move him for player equal in something you need. I don't think you can truly sell high but you can do an even value swap "now".  To sell High I would imagine he would have to play better than original ADP which would take a longer stretch of good play and more help in other categories like FT/REB at the least. 

Yes his BBM is high but good players and bad players fluctuate on those in weekly and biweekly. Ibaka is looking good right now. I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps it up or plummets again. Noguieria going down has to do a little bit with this uptick in production. 

Edited by SuperHans

5 hours ago, hoopking said:

patience is key. but anyone sees this a sell high window? 

I moved him for Kanter during this sell high period. Best of luck to you all and hope he keeps it up (well, kind of keeps it up).

1 hour ago, greatestmetfan said:

I moved him for Kanter during this sell high period. Best of luck to you all and hope he keeps it up (well, kind of keeps it up).

Great value.

edit. seems like you sold Ibaka highish whereas he sold a slumping Enes.

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid

1 hour ago, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

Great value.

edit. seems like you sold Ibaka highish whereas he sold a slumping Enes.

Yeah I liked the offer but part of me will miss Ibaka. It's 3s and blocks for rebounds and FG in this deal and I need FG and boards more than 3s and blocks just glad Ibaka put up some good games before I could make a move.

Let's give old man baka some credit. He's looked really good these last few games. 

• Like 1

Still find it crazy how quiet this thread went over his last few games. As long as he keeps producing though, I don't mind it one bit.