Mikhov

Serge Ibaka Outlook 2017-18 Season

Actually I don't like Aldridge either. And I can draft Ibaka at 5th round (I have 56th spot) only if after first four rounds my team counting stats is somewhat disbalanced and I need blocks. Threes are not important, because you can find them later. And other reason is that I try to avoid big men at rounds 5 to 7 and get two bigs during first four rounds. This can be changed because I don't have any detailed plan for draft, this is only general setup.

I like the IDEA of Ibaka (A PF/C eligible player who can get blocks, hit 3s, and get great percentages)

But I always feel like he is about to fall off of a cliff like a 33-34 year old would... 

Just now, SuperHans said:

I really like Ibaka at his adp this year. He’s like porzingis half off 

just got him in the 5th round in my biggest money league. I jumped and almost hit my head

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Judicious said:

I like the IDEA of Ibaka (A PF/C eligible player who can get blocks, hit 3s, and get great percentages)

But I always feel like he is about to fall off of a cliff like a 33-34 year old would... 

Hes 28

Had him last year, he's pretty meh and his blocks are declining. Only 1.4 blks PG and a pathetic 0.3 steals per game. Let someone else draft him 

9 hours ago, Shredded said:

Hes 28

Had him last year, he's pretty meh and his blocks are declining. Only 1.4 blks PG and a pathetic 0.3 steals per game. Let someone else draft him 

He is "28"

I just don't believe it.

35 minutes ago, Judicious said:

He is "28"

I just don't believe it.

I am from Spain where he initially played during his HS years...and we all know he was not born on 1988.

Physiotherapist had always stated He is about 4 years older than his official age.

14 hours ago, Judicious said:

He is "28"

I just don't believe it.

13 hours ago, apmonjas said:

I am from Spain where he initially played during his HS years...and we all know he was not born on 1988.

Physiotherapist had always stated He is about 4 years older than his official age.

2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

He can say whatever he wants to say, the Dominican Republic has all of those things as well and every year a ton of players fake their age because it makes them more attractive to scouts in baseball.

He is 28, yet has physically declined 2 seasons in a row now. Very seldomly in NBA history do players physically deteriorate from age 25-27 without significant injuries. But you see it happen all the time with players on the wrong side of 30. 

So while he is right that people claiming he is older because he lives in a jungle are wrong and racist, that doesn't mean sports are corrupt and that a scout chomping at the bit for a big pay out wouldn't get him fake papers to get him to the NBA.

Personally I believe he is around 34 . Sure we cannot prove this but statistics point in this direction. His look is also much older. His hairline and general physical features. 

Race has zero to do with it . He brought it up and used it as a distraction, but who can blame him when so many were successful using the same tactic.

• Like 1

Depends where you draft him and what your expectations are. He fell in the 4th round of my draft and got him which I think he is pretty safe there given that all the big players were drafted early

He’s been overrated for so long that I see him bashed to the point where he is quite underrated this year.

Theres a lot to like about his situation before the season starts IMO; Ibaka seems to be a lock for 30 mpg in TOR, will get minutes as the small ball 5 (since Casey is hard on JVal) this can lead to him averaging greater than 1.5 threes and blocks with low teen scoring, ~7 boards and low TO.

His projected threes / blocks floor are not that much less than KP and BroLo’s; Who most draft before pick 25 / 40 respectively for pretty much more usage (PPG).

As a bonus, TOR has a favorable PO sched this year (4-4-4)

His fg efficiency should hold (45%) as teams will game plan for Lowry, DeRozan and it seems like Miles and Powell. It makes sense that you would rather let Ibaka shoot than let 3/4 of those guys get hot.

TLDR: Great value in relation to where you draft him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikhov said:

He’s been overrated for so long that I see him bashed to the point where he is quite underrated this year.

Theres a lot to like about his situation before the season starts IMO; Ibaka seems to be a lock for 30 mpg in TOR, will get minutes as the small ball 5 (since Casey is hard on JVal) this can lead to him averaging greater than 1.5 threes and blocks with low teen scoring, ~7 boards and low TO.

His projected threes / blocks floor are not that much less than KP and BroLo’s; Who most draft before pick 25 / 40 respectively for pretty much more usage (PPG).

As a bonus, TOR has a favorable PO sched this year (4-4-4)

His fg efficiency should hold (45%) as teams will game plan for Lowry, DeRozan and it seems like Miles and Powell. It makes sense that you would rather let Ibaka shoot than let 3/4 of those guys get hot.

TLDR: Great value in relation to where you draft him.

I think it depends on when ur PO schedule starts. 90% of my leagues have playoffs starting week 20, which gives TOR a 4-4-2 schedule - worst schedule in my opinion as gives you a huge disadvantage in the championship round if you make it there.

1 hour ago, blob2004 said:

I think it depends on when ur PO schedule starts. 90% of my leagues have playoffs starting week 20, which gives TOR a 4-4-2 schedule - worst schedule in my opinion as gives you a huge disadvantage in the championship round if you make it there.

That's why I hate playing H2H. So stupid that the whole year comes down to whether a specific player has 2 or 4 games during that week. 

I got Ibaka in the 5th round....had the 6th pick in this 10 team league so it was mid-5th.  He was definitely not a target for me going in, but I kept missing out (often by one pick) the bigs I wanted.  I found myself with a great trio of guards and Paul Millsap.....not even close to what I had planned going in! So, I went with Ibaka to help shore up blocks with someone who could also hit 3's (even more important as Ibaka qualified as a F not a C in this league).  I am a little leery of him still, based on the trajectory of his career recently, but hopefully being in Toronto a full season will help him at least maintain close to 15 pts, 7 boards, 1.5 blocks and 1.5 3's.  If he can do that, I think all of his owners would be quite happy.

He's definitely been dropping off the last couple of years, but he's still a useful fantasy player. I got him in the 5th, and I believe he's very serviceable there. In roto that is; I can imagine that he's a lot less useful in H2H since he isn't really strong in 1 cat anymore. But for roto a big that'll hit 3s, gets some blocks and gives you decent FT% with low TO is fine in the 5th round.

Bad game for all the main guys, including Lowry and Demar. I think we can write this one off.

13 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

Uhhh what happened to this guy?..

Raptors bench went on a 20 point run and the starters took it easy on a blowout.  Wouldn't read too much into this.  

• Like 2

Couple of 3's, couple of blocks, first game of the year. He'll be valuable this year. They love him in Toronto

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BirdofPrey said:

Raptors bench went on a 20 point run and the starters took it easy on a blowout.  Wouldn't read too much into this.  

Thanks for the clarification.

But still get some more rbds at least lol nonetheless 2 threes and 2 blks.

Still frustrating to own. I avoid him. His name suggest hype, his game is anything but. Even at his ADP he is too frustrating for me.

Yeah

His value comes from a Center position that shoots high ft% acceptable blks, low TO and 3s. Even on bad nights, we get a blk and a three off a Center and it is a big deal when it comes to stats.

It depends how your teams built.

I either punt pts or asts category every year and Ibaka never goes below 3rd round. But unfortunately I wouldnt be surprised if his stats regress. He should be in his prime, if he's really telling the truth about his age.

Dude came into the league looking like he just sent his son to college.

11 minutes ago, subwayJ said:

Still frustrating to own. I avoid him. His name suggest hype, his game is anything but. Even at his ADP he is too frustrating for me.