Mikhov

Serge Ibaka Outlook 2017-18 Season

Virtually any player outside the top 30 is going to come with some ups and downs from time to time.

25 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

Gonna bench him tonight until he starts playing a little bit better. can't have these type of games

Last game was a blowout loss. All starters had low minutes and sucked in this one...

5 hours ago, Chrizz said:

Last game was a blowout loss. All starters had low minutes and sucked in this one...

against a utah defense i think hes a safe bench for tonight

buy low on ibaka if you can

from what ive seen owners are so sick of this guy so you can get him for pennies compared to what he will be worth end of season

hes not anything flashy but dude still has good value once his blocks return which should go back to at least 1.5 per imo

I don't think his blocks go up . They have been going down year by year.  I had him in a dynasty and just traded him a away for Caldwell pope and that's the best I can get . Saving grace is that it's dynasty and KCP is 24 and Ibaka is somewhere between 28-40. I guess he is about 34 .

So tempting to drop in a 10 team league, so far it just seems like terrible luck being in a bunch of blowouts and the bad utah matchup...

did anyone successfully trade him away? or did anyone trade for him?

I traded him for KCP in a dynasty league .KCP is way younger and Ibaka does absolutely nothing .. He is wiaver wire fodder , name bigger than game. Name recognition only .  Ibaka is legit 34 years old + . No one starts a deterioration like he has the past 2 years at age 26 lol. He looks like he is 42 .

Edited by Rainsford

5 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

If I could get Ariza for him I think I would be happy

That would be bonanza for you if you could pull it off . Ibaka is 10 ppg and 5 reb and nothing else. Better options on the wire . Ariza at least has upside in several cats.

• Like 1

If Ibaka doesnt block any shots then he is really limited as a "BIG". His rebound numbers have been mediocre through out his career. With Bebe, Jake Poeltl behind him, Toronto is stacked in bigs. Might be a tough fantasy year going forward for Ibaka if you expect power forward/center like numbers in a h2h league. 

But if you look at his number as a let's say a sf, he actually gets 2+ threes a game, 1 block, and over 50% fg. That's like a gary harris without the steals. Not bad. 

Either do better or totally suck for consecutive games so we can make a decision.

Hmm anyone else benching him tomorrow when a lot of teams are playing for other players in their roster? I just might do it in a close pts matchup this week

You'd really take Ariza's bad FT and consistent duds over Serge? 

The lack of rebs and blocks are super frustrating but his 3s and good FG% are helpful. 

4 hours ago, dboywong said:

You'd really take Ariza's bad FT and consistent duds over Serge? 

The lack of rebs and blocks are super frustrating but his 3s and good FG% are helpful. 

I have both and have started Ariza over him. 

Ibakas usage, mins, stats all point to negative direction. 

Right now I feel regret in trading for him but I know he's going to turn it around and so logic kicks in and I sit tight. Ibaka is an important piece to the Raptors. They didn't give him the big extension for nothing.