Mikhov

Serge Ibaka Outlook 2017-18 Season

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Right now I feel regret in trading for him but I know he's going to turn it around and so logic kicks in and I sit tight. Ibaka is an important piece to the Raptors. They didn't give him the big extension for nothing.

 

Teams throw big money around all the time . Think of the dozens of questionable contracts in the past  . Reggie Jackson , Joe Johnson , Tyler Johnson , Luol Deng etc.  They need to pay out a certain amount of money and don't really care  . That money has to be spent anyway .  A big extension means nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rainsford said:

 

Teams throw big money around all the time . Think of the dozens of questionable contracts in the past  . Reggie Jackson , Joe Johnson , Tyler Johnson , Luol Deng etc.  They need to pay out a certain amount of money and don't really care  . That money has to be spent anyway .  A big extension means nothing.

Don't forget Asik, Ian Mahinmi, and Bismack Biyombo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rainsford said:

 

Teams throw big money around all the time . Think of the dozens of questionable contracts in the past  . Reggie Jackson , Joe Johnson , Tyler Johnson , Luol Deng etc.  They need to pay out a certain amount of money and don't really care  . That money has to be spent anyway .  A big extension means nothing.

They do but missing the context leads to poor decision making. Make sure you consider why they added Ibaka and look past the stats to the actually talent and ability of the guys who would take over. You're missing something.

Edited by Spyplane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

They do but missing the context leads to poor decision making. Make sure you consider why they added Ibaka and look past the stats to the actually talent and ability of the guys who would take over. You're missing something.

If you want to say something just say it , no need for riddles . But the problem with the whole thing is that Ibaka lied about his age . He is going to continue to decline because he is mid thirties at best . You cannot build a house on a faulty foundation .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of his extension, it's important to accept the fact that this man is past his prime. His blocks will continue to trend down (already barely averaging 1). I don't see what could possibly improve as the season progresses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i still cant even fathom what has happened to this guy. basically 1st round player, now hes a basically a drop. in what, 2 years time? how the f--- is that possible? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pdids911 said:

i still cant even fathom what has happened to this guy. basically 1st round player, now hes a basically a drop. in what, 2 years time? how the f--- is that possible? 

 

It's like seeing a drop off of a 33 year old veteran player. Cough cough

 

 

Serge+Ibaka+9z0vcCU1skhm.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ThisIsSparta said:

Time to sell high, boys. :lol:

 

Lol how?

Ah this is so sad 

Edited by bhkim814

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I paired him with Aaron Gordon and traded for Draymond. It might come back to haunt me but I can't stand watching this guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, I wish he'd stop jacking threes, but if he hit one more of them he would've had a DD with 2 stl, 2 3s and a block. 

 

That would've been a solid line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dboywong said:

Man, I wish he'd stop jacking threes, but if he hit one more of them he would've had a DD with 2 stl, 2 3s and a block. 

 

That would've been a solid line. 

 

Those 2 steals were his first this season..

 

Blks are down. Fga are down.

But def room to improve although i am exploring options for a trade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plz let this trade go through... i never wish to revisit this thread again. Nothing but negativity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

he's been regressing every year blks/reb wise, last year it was even more obvious, he's just not that elite anymore besides good %'s and a few 3s and rebs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.