Mikhov

Serge Ibaka Outlook 2017-18 Season

2 hours ago, pdids911 said:

unbelievable. i will lose my ultra competitive league bc i drafted this guy in the 4th. 

People were telling me that I shouldn't trade Ibaka for Tatum. Shouldn't have listened to them. Shouldve just pulled the trigger

15 hours ago, Zakius said:

Ugh I'm really considering dropping Ibaka for Monroe but I have a bad feeling that this is just a rare good game for Greg.

Terrible post for 3 reasons: 1, you think Ibaka should be dropped. 2, you think Monroe would have more value. 3, you think you’re clever by framing an assistant coach question as though it’s adding value to the actual discussion. Shoo please!

20 minutes ago, crooklyn dodgers said:

Terrible post for 3 reasons: 1, you think Ibaka should be dropped. 2, you think Monroe would have more value. 3, you think you’re clever by framing an assistant coach question as though it’s adding value to the actual discussion. Shoo please!

Rookie coming in with that fire roast sesh like a seasoned vet lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Rid myself of him today and full on punt block build here I come. Dealt Giannis and Ibaka for Steph and AGordon.

6 hours ago, Rainsford said:

I know you meant blocks , just kidding with you but seriously Ibaka is  is junk  .  He has been declining for years because he lied about his age. He isn't 28 , he is 34+ that's why he started declining 2 seasons ago when he was 32 or 33  and its to be expected .He will not return to form. Sorry .

Sigh. You're telling this like it's the truth. Alex Jones vibes.

1 hour ago, Preparing the Kool-Aid said:

Sigh. You're telling this like it's the truth. Alex Jones vibes.

Alex Jones ??

Anyway I was giving my opinion only , I have no access to Ibakas birth certificate Obviously .    He looks 34+ and seems a lot of people agree with that . I'm sorry that is so problematic for you .

I tried getting ibaka with klay and ingles for my lowry ariza favors. trying to get a full punt assist build. It got rejected last week

this is his 2nd time in the sidelines with the knee issue. whew.

Edited by Xmantt

Highly relevant

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/22/manute-bol-may-have-been-50-when-played-in-nba.html

Manute Bol could have been the oldest man ever to play in the NBA.

The 7-foot-6-inch shot-blocking phenomenon was brought from the Sudan to the United States by former Cleveland State coach Kevin Mackey in the 1980s. Mackey told the sports site Zagsblog that he made up Bol's birthday out of thin air when he got him here.

“I gave him his birthday because they didn’t know how old he was,” Mackey said. “Every athletic door is open at 19, every athletic door is closed when you’re 35. He was probably 40, 50 years old when he was playing in the NBA.”

Mackey, who is now a scout for the Indiana Pacers, brought Bol over in 1985 and came up with a birthday -- Oct. 16, 1962 -- that would make sense for a player looking to play college and then pro ball.

“It was in October, I wanted to make it after September 1,” Mackey said. “I wanted to make sure he was young enough because he didn’t have an age. I think he was [in his 40s], I really do. But there’s no way of ever really knowing.”

“[Bol] had no idea of his age and the kid who came over with him didn’t know how old he was,” Mackey added. “No one knew how old he was.”

Bol didn’t end up playing for Cleveland State because he struggled learning English. Instead he wound up playing a year for the University of Bridgeport and was drafted by the Washington Bullets.

• Like 2

And usage. 12-14 shots moving forward would be nice if he hits some. I’m encouraged because JVal is on the wane. Old and slow can produce at C.

I stayed away from Ibaka in all my leagues because he's been declining every season, glad I did it this year but wow, who would've thought he would fall so far...

Anyone think he will bounce back? if he's just going to get 10 points 5 boards 1.5 threes and 1 block a game he's a drop in 10 teamers and end of bench guy in 12.

Edited by blob2004

29 minutes ago, prinserj21 said:

One more game like last night and he’s heading for the waivers. His name won’t save him with me. 

then someone in your league will be more than glad to burn a waiver on him. cheers.

It’s early but it’s getting late fast. 130 is droppable in a lot of leagues, and every game of 9/5/2 with a stock is another cue that this could just be who he is now. Toronto should carbon date this guy and sue him for fraud.

he was providing nice stats last year. he can't be older more than 1 year in a year. so basically age is irrelevant. give him time to get his tempo back after the knee injury and he'll return the glorious dates once again. patience is the key here.

Still a solid source of the hardest category to get. I drafted him and was able to swap for Kanter so I dodged a bullet.

That being said I just lost blocks and would have won had I not made the trade.