Lifschitz

Willy Hernangomez 2017-2018 Season Outlook

4 minutes ago, wiz said:

Anybody know why hes getting mins today? Its not a blowout

Beasley foultrouble. 

3 minutes ago, RipCity0 said:

Beasley foultrouble. 

Figured it was something like that

He's been anticipating a trade himself for like a month or so and he wants to play. The moment he leaves that dumpster fire he''s going to be a sensation. Already stashing. 

Man, I hope Willy gets traded*. Both he and Alan Williams (Suns) were huge waiver adds for me last year. Williams will probably continue his banishment in shadow realm, but I have high hopes for Hernangomez getting some run elsewhere.

*to my Spurs

• Like 1

Just now, kanchi said:

Man, I hope Willy gets traded*. Both he and Alan Williams (Suns) were huge waiver adds for me last year. Williams will probably continue his banishment in shadow realm, but I have high hopes for Hernangomez getting some run elsewhere.

*to my Spurs

both of them secured my championship last year

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

He's been anticipating a trade himself for like a month or so and he wants to play. The moment he leaves that dumpster fire he''s going to be a sensation. Already stashing. 

Huh? You consider this Knicks team a dumpster fire? They are playing way beyond expectations. They are playing entertaining and fun basketball. They are rebuilding way ahead of the curve. They should stick to the rebuild, give minutes to vets that they could possibly trade, and just play this out until the deadline.

Honestly, if Wily hasn't earned minutes yet, on this team, when do you question the player? I used to be made about Nerlens not getting run, blaming the teams, but at the end of the day it was the player's fault. Same goes with Wily. Beasley has carved out a role on this team...why couldn't Wily have done the same? It isn't like Kanter is getting 34 mpg. 

Alan Williams plans to play around February i think , my finger is ready to pull the trigger the moment i hear about his return :ph34r: 

31 minutes ago, manolo_ said:

Alan Williams plans to play around February i think , my finger is ready to pull the trigger the moment i hear about his return :ph34r: 

It's a bit offtopic, but I don't think he'll have value until Suns get rid of Chandler and Monroe. Getting a bit too crowded at PF/C

14 hours ago, thezing1 said:

Huh? You consider this Knicks team a dumpster fire? They are playing way beyond expectations. They are playing entertaining and fun basketball. They are rebuilding way ahead of the curve. They should stick to the rebuild, give minutes to vets that they could possibly trade, and just play this out until the deadline.

Honestly, if Wily hasn't earned minutes yet, on this team, when do you question the player? I used to be made about Nerlens not getting run, blaming the teams, but at the end of the day it was the player's fault. Same goes with Wily. Beasley has carved out a role on this team...why couldn't Wily have done the same? It isn't like Kanter is getting 34 mpg. 

It's a different comparison entirely. Beasley was thrust into big minutes as an injury replacement and showed he could put up stats for a prolonged enough period.. Hardaway Jr being out as long as he was and Porzingis consistently missing games opened the door for him.. Willy by comparison gets sporadic minutes in blowouts, he isn't being given the same level of treatment, so it's not entirely a fair comparison.

The team decided KOQ was the go-to back-up without ever having a true position battle during the preseason / regular season, it was determined in training camp. 

Edited by Lifschitz

1 hour ago, driss lol said:

why do u think he's good if he can't even get minutes over kyle o quinn

his game is very fantasy ball friendly.

3 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

It's a different comparison entirely. Beasley was thrust into big minutes as an injury replacement and showed he could put up stats for a prolonged enough period.. Hardaway Jr being out as long as he was and Porzingis consistently missing games opened the door for him.. Willy by comparison gets sporadic minutes in blowouts, he isn't being given the same level of treatment, so it's not entirely a fair comparison.

The team decided KOQ was the go-to back-up without ever having a true position battle during the preseason / regular season, it was determined in training camp. 

I am going to say pretty confidently, at some point, KOQ and Wily battled it out and had a competition that KOQ most clearly won. Just look at the merit based promotions that have occurred on this team. Jack to starting PG and heavy minutes. Beasley to first big off the bench. KOQ to 4Q guy. Kanter and Smokes get yanked when they don't perform.

This isn't a situation like Dave Joerger and the Kings. The Knicks have carved out roles for players and taken them away. Frankie Smokes has a quick hook now a days. Is it because the Knicks are a dumpster fire or is it because Frankie Smokes hasn't played well enough to deserve minutes? I think Frankie Smokes has been playing like sh*t for the majority of the past month. He gets what he deserves. You want Wily to get minutes, well, watch for him to play his a** off when he is on the court and earn them. 

I honestly see no grudge here like Nerlens in Dallas. Wily has a controlled contract. Knicks are rebuilding and figuring it out while being surprisingly competitive. They don't have to just play the kids and can let the kids earn minutes. For all we know Wily hasn't evolved his game or put in any work. Maybe he has an awful attitude. I mean the dude got starts in end of season worthless games last year and then came out saying he wanted to be traded. That is like Ulis being a backup PG this year and demanding a trade. How ridiculous does that sound? Dudes that popped off last year with crazy end of season minutes/roles include Skal, Chriss, Williams, Ulis. Let's just focus on Ulis. Now that he is running the show, or trying to outside of garbage end of year games, he has been exposed as....a TERRIBLE player. Maybe Wily is just not that good. Sure, as a starter he could put up a double double. You know who else can probably do that with a starters role? Jahlil Okafor. And he is pretty terrible.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, doomz said:

his game is very fantasy ball friendly.

So last year as a starter he was a low end double/double potential with limited stocks and decent %s. In all seriousness, isn't he just a poor man's Kanter with worse %'s? Can we also say the same thing about Jahlil Okafor if he got 25-30 mpg? Or Greg Monroe? Or a pretty sizeable list of centers that don't get stocks but can put up low end double/doubles? 

I think the Wily interest is driven by a scarcity of bigs in fantasy that don't crush your %s than an actual push to "free wily" because he deserves it. Just flash the ability to outplay KOQ on the court and then I will consider stashing before a trade that may or may not occur. I am also not hurting for bigs at the moment so maybe I just don't have the same pain that the rest of you feel. But at the end of the day, wouldn't you all rather stash Nerlens if you are praying for a trade since he will actually get you stocks?

The Knicks are going to look like complete idiots once Willy gets free from NYC. 

Two centers down tonight and logic would dictate now is his big shot but this is the Knicks and so what's more likely is more of the same. 

Suddenly getting playing time last game and now these "injuries" opening up more minutes nearing the deadline? Coincidence? I think not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

Suddenly getting playing time last game and now these "injuries" opening up more minutes nearing the deadline? Coincidence? I think not. 

They wouldn't need to lie in order to hand out rest games.

3 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Or the Knicks haven't had more than 1 day between games since the 10th, are in the middle of a road trip in a game they probably have a 1% chance of winning, and only have 1 day of rest before they go to Denver and then Phx on a B2B to end the road trip. That could be one explanation for the rest day. But I don't know, that just sounds way to rooted in logic to be a possibility

• Like 1