Sign in to follow this  
Lifschitz

Alex Len 2017 - 2018 Season Outlook

12/6 came and went. All three centers remain. For me, I think it's time to cut the losses and move on.

This every-other-game-Alex-might-get-22-minutes won't work in my league.

2 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

12/6 came and went. All three centers remain. For me, I think it's time to cut the losses and move on.

This every-other-game-Alex-might-get-22-minutes won't work in my league.

Trade deadline still isn't Feb, so there can still be a move made by then. He's a hold only if your roster is very strong in 12+ teamers. Drop in 8 and 10s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Starting to heat up again, dropped a 5 block game last night. I know its a carousel in Phoenix but I think he’s worth the hold for double double 1.5 blk upside 

30 minutes ago, blob2004 said:

Soo what’s the go for tmr. Is he set to rest, bench or start? Any predictions?

T-Chan rested last game so he should start. A-Len has played 2 in a row so it would appear it's his turn to sit.

My problem with this "rotation" is that the Suns don't really stick to it.  But if it becomes more stable, I have no problem streaming Len when he does play.

Edited by alexstr

“I get that it’s a challenge for Coach (Jay) Triano and his staff,” McDonough said, “but at the same time that’s what good teams do. They have depth and balance and manage the minutes and manage the situation even if it’s not perfect for anybody involved.” - Suns GM Ryan McDonough

The last "good team" that dealt with 3 decent centers situation had Embiid, Noel, and Okafor. He knows what happened to the Sixers through out those years. Establish your go to center already, otherwise #trusttheprocess =/ 

They showcase their centers to contenders. It's gonna be like this untill trade deadline. They've already invested on a young C, and that's A.Williams, who's not playing this season. Only Tyson will be on the team next year probably and that's cause of his unmovable contract.

6 minutes ago, manolo_ said:

They showcase their centers to contenders. It's gonna be like this untill trade deadline. They've already invested on a young C, and that's A.Williams, who's not playing this season. Only Tyson will be on the team next year probably and that's cause of his unmovable contract.

Why do you think A. Williams is the future and not Len?

Cause they signed Williams , while passing on Len's extension option this summer. Len walks away this summer

• Thanks 1

Tonight was supposed to be his rest night, considering Monroe and Chandler already did rest this week and how Triano managed his three centers rotation for the last month.

But right now he's on court, the first big off the bench ahead of Monroe. Maybe a good sign, he proved that he can be useful even in 15/20 minutes, i would love to have him active every game, without any DNP.

Edited by Alevin
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Alevin said:

Tonight was supposed to be his rest night, considering Monroe and Chandler already did rest this week and how Triano managed his three centers rotation for the last month.

But right now he's on court, the first big off the bench ahead of Monroe. Maybe a good sign, he proved that he can be useful even in 15/20 minutes, i would love to have him active every game, without any DNP.

It's frustrating that Len/Chandler/Moose aren't being rotated consistently.  Sometimes they'll play 1 game and sit, sometimes 2 games, sometimes 3 games...

That being said, I'm still hanging onto Len.  He can provide monster rebounds and good blocks in limited time.

It's very simple, Jay Triano, please listen: Len plays every game without any DNP-CD and you just sit Tyson Chandler. Or, if you don't want disrespect a good veteran player, just rotate him and Monroe.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, affliction said:

White Drummond

12/19/6 2 stls 1 blk

Get this man 25 MPG FFS....

3 minutes ago, alexstr said:

12/19/6 2 stls 1 blk

Get this man 25 MPG FFS....

Ex-lens! More importantly, a WIN for the Suns and the first loss for Wolves at home vs. first a western conference opponent!

Really hope Triano gives Lens the credit he is due. Just picked him up again. 

Actually Chandler should be the odd man out since he aint going anywhere with that albatross of a contract. Should be playing the hell outta Len and Monroe to raise their value.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

Must own?

Not until that crazy rotation at center gets tightened up. But worth a flier if you can drop somebody.

1 hour ago, paulwall29 said:

Must own?

Not a 'must'. In my 12 team nobody wanted him but me. Way i see it is he puts better total  stats up in 2 games then others on ww put in 3. Even then his team role right now is probably the smallest it'll be for the next 5 years, maybe he sees more minutes throughout the year

Games that Len has played 20+ mins this year, he's averaging 10/12 with 1 block.  

Basically DAJ lite, minus some rebounds and FG%, plus some FT%.

If they can buy out/trade Monroe, he's going to have some really nice value.  Even without that, he still has good games when he plays.

• Like 1

He has played the last 3 games but as I say that watch he doesn't play Wednesday.