Sign in to follow this  
Lifschitz

Alex Len 2017 - 2018 Season Outlook

On 12/17/2017 at 4:43 PM, alexstr said:

Games that Len has played 20+ mins this year, he's averaging 10/12 with 1 block.  

Basically DAJ lite, minus some rebounds and FG%, plus some FT%.

If they can buy out/trade Monroe, he's going to have some really nice value.  Even without that, he still has good games when he plays.

You do realize Monroe has only been in Phoenix for like 3 weeks of his career. Take him off the team and nothing will change with Lens minutes... he literally needs every single PF/C on the Suns out injured for the year or traded to be worth picking up with confidence 

Edited by gregoden
  • Like 1

The Suns could clear a logjam by trading one of their three centers but that’s easier said than done. Alex Len can’t be traded until Dec. 23, three months after he signed his qualifying offer. Greg Monroe has an expiring contract, but Phoenix doesn’t want to be loaded down with multiyear contracts so finding another team willing to move an expiring deal might be difficult. Tyson Chandler has one year left on his deal – he’ll make $13.5 million in 2018-19 – but McDonough said Phoenix values the stability and leadership Chandler and forward Jared Dudley provide.

Didnt know he cant be traded until Dec 23rd.

Edited by affliction
  • Thanks 1

That is the problem with the Suns is they only announce the starter.  Len has played in three straight so seems ripe for a DNP CD.  

On 17/12/2017 at 4:03 AM, Alevin said:

It's very simple, Jay Triano, please listen: Len plays every game without any DNP-CD and you just sit Tyson Chandler. Or, if you don't want disrespect a good veteran player, just rotate him and Monroe.

He's in. First center off the bench for the fourth time in a row.

(for now) Thank you for listening, Jay.

1 hour ago, Alevin said:

He's in. First center off the bench for the fourth time in a row.

(for now) Thank you for listening, Jay.

Played the odds he would sit him and he played.  Hopefully he listens and plays Len everyday.  He performs when he is out there as another Dbl Dbl tonight.  Hope Bell can match him tonight!

12/18 vs Mavs- 10pts 10rebs at the end of the third in 16mins. Has a better +/- ratio vs. all starters. This second lineup on the Suns has been doing much better than the starters in the last couple of games. Also, with the 3 headed dragon situation, Len was suppose to sit today yet still got to play over Monroe. 

#freelen!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

Played the odds he would sit him and he played.  Hopefully he listens and plays Len everyday.  He performs when he is out there as another Dbl Dbl tonight.  Hope Bell can match him tonight!

In theory Len was supposed to sit on Saturday, considering Monroe and Chandler got a DNP-CD the two games before that one. That was the game where the "pattern" changed. When i saw he played on Saturday (and he played well) i was pretty sure he was going to play tonight too.

It looks like Triano finally figured out that he has to play him every given night.

Edited by Alevin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Swiped under my nose because I was waiting for some sort of confirmation. I resorted to Lyles and wasn’t disappointed, but learn from my mistake, peeps.

3 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

Am I actually going to fall for this again?

yes we are

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This is my second time pick up Len so I have basically been following this kid this entire season (including pre-season when he balled out!). Going forward, only Triano will know who plays but consider the following news:

"Triano also has the support of center Alex Len, who will be an unrestricted free agent after the season. Len, who is putting up career numbers in points (9.1), rebounds (9.2), field goal percentage (53.2) and free throw percentage (76.3), said he might be more inclined to sign a new deal with the Suns should Triano get the full-time job.

"A couple of days ago we had a drill where we were playing five-on-five but you can’t dribble the ball,” Len said. “So you had to move the ball, cut hard and get open quick. Jay is always putting in new things. He’s very creative offensively."

(http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/len-suns-complete-97-91-comeback-win-mavericks-51875792)

Now....onto my observation-

Len's last 4 games his assists totals have gone way up (3, ,3, 6, 4). How many times before that had he hit 3 assists this season? ZERO. To me, this is him and the team positively adjusting to Triano's plan. The kid is learning and executing. When players listen and do what coaches say, this can only mean good things (more playing time perhaps). 

Fingers crossed. #Freelen!!!!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

This is my second time pick up Len so I have basically been following this kid this entire season (including pre-season when he balled out!). Going forward, only Triano will know who plays but consider the following news:

"Triano also has the support of center Alex Len, who will be an unrestricted free agent after the season. Len, who is putting up career numbers in points (9.1), rebounds (9.2), field goal percentage (53.2) and free throw percentage (76.3), said he might be more inclined to sign a new deal with the Suns should Triano get the full-time job.

"A couple of days ago we had a drill where we were playing five-on-five but you can’t dribble the ball,” Len said. “So you had to move the ball, cut hard and get open quick. Jay is always putting in new things. He’s very creative offensively."

(http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/len-suns-complete-97-91-comeback-win-mavericks-51875792)

Now....onto my observation-

Len's last 4 games his assists totals have gone way up (3, ,3, 6, 4). How many times before that had he hit 3 assists this season? ZERO. To me, this is him and the team positively adjusting to Triano's plan. The kid is learning and executing. When players listen and do what coaches say, this can only mean good things (more playing time perhaps). 

Fingers crossed. #Freelen!!!!

Ukranian Jokic but seriously what are we expecting now?

Chandler and Monroe alternating DNP-CO's and Len a fixture?

I dont see him signing next year if chandler and alan williams are on the roster.

Edited by affliction

54 minutes ago, UniCornucopia said:

Congrats to all you Len owners. Rosy ROS now.

Waited 1 game too long and missed my chance. :angry:

<very deep Canadian 90s reference>

Someone Stole My Sunshine! :P

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, UniCornucopia said:

<very deep Canadian 90s reference>

Someone Stole My Sunshine! :P

POP CULTURE REFERENCE! 

aha greatest music video, you sir have struck gold. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Unknownmindset said:

POP CULTURE REFERENCE! 

aha greatest music video, you sir have struck gold. 

Thank you; I'm ecstatic that someone got it!

:D:D:D:D:D