Sign in to follow this  
Lifschitz

Alex Len 2017 - 2018 Season Outlook

Len has been seeing erratic minutes and usage, even with Monroe already out of the picture. This has been the trend in the last few seasons, and I doubt it'd change. You'd think if he was the starting center, he would've already started seasons ago. But no, management and coach clearly don't have the confidence in him. I think the fact that they already have a starting center in Alan Williams is clear as day.

Edited by phatrat
CSB removed

9 hours ago, ThisIsSparta said:

Len has been seeing erratic minutes and usage, even with Monroe already out of the picture. This has been the trend in the last few seasons, and I doubt it'd change. You'd think if he was the starting center, he would've already started seasons ago. But no, management and coach clearly don't have the confidence in him. I think the fact that they already have a starting center in Alan Williams is clear as day.

That's what I've said last year when I dropped him (and then he started playing really well), to reassure myself that was the best decison.

I agree that after 4 years Len doesn't show much improvement, but...

....this is a franchise that after signing Nash back in 2004, never made a good decision, losing players and trading picks for cash (Joe Johnson,Luol Deng, Shawn Marion, Isaiah Thomas), and they don't look like the kind of organization who knows how to proper evaluate talent or developing them, unless there's a string of injuries which forces them to play'em (like Dragic back in 2010 or Booker, 2 seasons ago).

Point here: THEY DON'T KNOW WTF THEY ARE DOIN!

Remember that the biggest question mark on him was is health, but the last couple of seasons he played  78 and 77 games, also big men tend to develop slower than guards and wings, specially in this age, where the majority of teams play undersized 4s at the 5.

I'm keeping him because my ww in a 12Team league isn't brimming with center as talented as him, because he has the speed to punish alot of teams who like to go small and he needs Chandler mentorship, but also playing time and a bigger leaash.

• Like 1

Len is clearly the best option at center, the problem is the Suns are so messed up they don't know what to do. If they want to build for future they should play Len, problem is Len signed QO playing on a 1 year deal, and because of how the Suns didn't show any respect to him last off-season, they know that he is as good as gone once the year is over. So why would they play him and continue to develop him if they can't trade him or are not gonna benefit from his development after this year?

Just a horrible team with horrible coaches/management.

Yeah, I have no clue what the Suns are trying to do but it does seem clear that they don’t view Len as part of their future and that makes him pretty much impossible to roster.

This isn’t a Josh Richardson type of situation where he’s not playing well but still getting heavy minutes. This is a situation where if Len doesn’t ball out whenever he’s on the court then he gets less than 20 minutes a game. Just not reliable enough to use unless you are in a very deep league.

Lost my patience on this guy. Good riddance. 

It's not entirely his fault, though. I just don't think Suns see him as a centerpiece for their future. Otherwise I don't understand why they would play him consistently for 18 mins behind Chandler, even though Monroe isn't playing in most games. First half of the season is already gone, and he still hasn't moved from being a stash to mid-round value. 

Claimed him in my 16 team league. May regret it, but he has too much upside. Keeping him for the next month until the trade deadline. 

14 minutes ago, heero78 said:

With PHX bad schedule next week, he is a safe drop. 

No.  Leagues come in all different shapes and sizes.   

• Like 1

Last 4 games:

9 mins

15 mins

8 mins

12 mins

Even with the crazy PHO Rotations, I am not sure how much I can still stand of this.

With Chriss and Bender now breaking out, do we even see PHO letting him play after the All Star Break.

My luck is that as soon as I would drop him, they would turn him loose.

Dropped him - just couldnt keep holding while hot FAs got scooped up. Will monitor him and pick up Upon earliest sign of life

3 hours ago, crazybob60 said:

Last 4 games:

9 mins

15 mins

8 mins

12 mins

Even with the crazy PHO Rotations, I am not sure how much I can still stand of this.

With Chriss and Bender now breaking out, do we even see PHO letting him play after the All Star Break.

My luck is that as soon as I would drop him, they would turn him loose.

It's funny because I'm actively looking for someone from Phoenix as fantasy value and I keep looking at Chriss, Bender and Len.. and NONE of their young big men are getting burn.. smh. Phoenix is such a clueless franchise. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, nadertime78 said:

Do we guess the lineup change coming involves Len?

When has a lineup change been discussed? Source? :)

5 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

When has a lineup change been discussed? Source? :)

Alex Len - C - Suns

Suns coach Jay Triano said he will make a lineup change vs. the Bucks on Monday.

Triano isn't going to reveal his starters until closer to tip-off and didn't hint at anything either. Devin Booker and T.J. Warren are the only starters that should be locked in, so Tyler Ulis, Dragan Bender and Tyson Chandler could be looking at new roles tonight. Stay tuned.

It could just be starting Greg Monroe especially with Jason Kidd being fired. I hope its Len though!

4 minutes ago, Toronto416 said:

It could just be starting Greg Monroe especially with Jason Kidd being fired. I hope its Len though!

Wish we knew ahead of time. I want to grab Monroe before 7pm game locked in so I can have him tonight to stream. 

6 minutes ago, Toronto416 said:

Jason Kidd was the coach of the Bucks. Monroe plays for the Suns. What are you talking about??????????

• Haha 1

OK, fantasy players. Here it is: Greg Monroe starting in place of Tyson Chandler. Two reasons: Monroe has been a good soldier and Triano rewards him with start against former team. Also, Chandler feeling a little fatigued.

Lol, Triano your such a joke. Do you think your coaching rec ball?! 
Edited by chud12
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, chud12 said:
OK, fantasy players. Here it is: Greg Monroe starting in place of Tyson Chandler. Two reasons: Monroe has been a good soldier and Triano rewards him with start against former team. Also, Chandler feeling a little fatigued.

Chandler fatigued? Doesn't surprise me considering all those minutes he's playing and rebounds he's grabbing!

Ohhh snap!

He is not playing vs. Mavs tonight. Is he really hurt or has been benched due to the triple center situation?