Sign in to follow this  
Lifschitz

Alex Len 2017 - 2018 Season Outlook

26 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

7 blocks last game against inferior competition...hope they bench Chandler like whats the point give the young guys some run

It was the most one sided game I've ever watched out of all the international teams that have played NBA teams in the preseason. The end score doesn't really tell the story of how this game went.

It was embarrassing, Phoenix was just tossing it up ahead and dunking. It looked like my friends and I played against NBA players. This looks like when you think you're the baddest guy because you've been killing your 5'8 friends, then some dude who's 6'6 shows up and plays center and you're all ****** even if he's only semi good simply because of his height.. he would never get these types of moves off with this regularity and this kind of spacing. 

Take his line with the biggest grain of salt.

Here you go, it's a laugher.

Edited by Lifschitz

I wouldn't get too attached, agreed with what everyone said above. Waiver fodder till he shows any real consistency by staying on the court

If you wait until he shows “consistency on the court”, it’ll be too late because he won’t be on the waiver wire. The trick and art about waiver sleepers is to pick them up defore they break out. 

1 minute ago, Vman7 said:

If you wait until he shows “consistency on the court”, it’ll be too late because he won’t be on the waiver wire. The trick and art about waiver sleepers is to pick them up defore they break out. 

And also nobody is running to grab him lol there's a reason he goes undrafted in alot of WW pools of deep leagues or if not, then there's a reason why he's available to whoever drafted him in a late round. These recent blurbs mean nothing, Lifschitz is right in saying that

I'm not saying don't grab him but don't be attached to the point where you're gonna lose sleep if someone else grabs him. It's subjective: if you need a big and think he won't be there when waivers clear due to the competitive flow of your league (or if another owner is lacking what you lack) then he's worth a gamble IMO depending on how deep league size is but keep your expectations in check.

I don’t mind owning him but don’t expect to for long. He doesn’t have the upside to get much leash. 

There is also always an opportunity cost involved. By holding Len I forfeit an option to hold someone like... Hernangomez.

So what are we thinking about Len now? First game back: 1 of 4 shooting for 4pts/7rebs/1ast/1blk/3to

I have Al-Farouq Aminu, RHJ, Demarre Carroll on the ww in my league, might drop and go for one of them. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Dirtdiver said:

So what are we thinking about Len now? First game back: 1 of 4 shooting for 4pts/7rebs/1ast/1blk/3to

I have Al-Farouq Aminu, RHJ, Demarre Carroll on the ww in my league, might drop and go for one of them. Thoughts?

I have Aminu and CJ Miles available in my league but still cant force myself to drop Len. The big man rotation is a mess with Watson coaching but Len still has a lot of untapped potential and maybe they trade chandler 

4 hours ago, nbafan_123 said:

I have Aminu and CJ Miles available in my league but still cant force myself to drop Len. The big man rotation is a mess with Watson coaching but Len still has a lot of untapped potential and maybe they trade chandler 

Hopefully Tyson gets traded

I'd keep Len for now. Not many quality big men available right now. I would keep an eye on Aminu, and as for CJ Miles, you can find 3 pt production from a lot of swing players, so I wouldn't fret too much about it.

1 minute ago, lindown said:

on the watch list, if watson gets fired.....will he be starting C?

Watson is outtttaaaa here.

thinking I might dump Dedmon for him....kid just needs the opportunity 

2 minutes ago, Kamura said:

Watson is outtttaaaa here.

thinking I might dump Dedmon for him....kid just needs the opportunity 

worth the gamble, dedmon is very passive on the new team, and now the PG is down

Does Len have upside or are we grasping at straws here waiting for something magical to happen?

4 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

13 and 13 tonight with 30 minutes.

Anyone watch the game?

Chandler got into foul trouble so he got some extra burn at center.

But they closed the game with him and Chandler because of Chriss being out so that could be something to watch.

52 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

for once it looks like our patience with this dude might be finally paying off

would probably want to see it again before swooping him up