Sign in to follow this  
Lifschitz

Alex Len 2017 - 2018 Season Outlook

Umm... can someone check to see if there was some sort of magnetic anomaly that occured in the Earth's atmosphere?  5/10 FG, 11/12 FT (yes.. Free Throw), 13 Boards, 1 Ast, 2 Blks, 3 TO 

This can't be the same Alex Len that we've been waiting on.. could it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NBA_OG said:

11/10- This boy better start taking his starting role seriously. 2 TOs within the first two mins, sigh.

No time for fool around if he wants Monroe bought out and Chandler traded. The time is NOW.

He heard ya big time all right and told you to SIT. DOWN! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2013myyear said:

He heard ya big time all right and told you to SIT. DOWN! 

*Grabbing a folded chair, a cold one, sitting down quietly. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, KuramaHiei said:

the FTs were the biggest surprise here....thanks for carrying my westbrick here :lol:

I was about to post the same minus the Westbrook part. I have a Lonzo Ball problem and Len totally rectified that. 

My Roto team is still at 78% from the FT line, but progress. 

This is the type of game that indicates he needs minutes.  He is better than Chandler by far and needs to get the bulk of the minutes whether starting or not.

• Like 2

Big Alex Len fan - have him this year, and had him at times in the last couple of seasons too. But this screams outlier and could very well be his best game of the season. I want him to do well, but he’s just not consistent.

• Like 1

He is the Danny Green of the Front court. Flashes of brilliance followed by a bunch of duds. Expect him to get dropped and picked up about another 1000x this year. He has the physical tools, but I'm not sure he has the mental ones to really succeed and fully breakout (see Jonas Valanciunas)

• Like 1

he has all the tools to become a good starting center, all he needs is minutes in the thirties...dude is 24, not like hes 28 and hes going nowhere, its all about confidence, you cant expect him to flourish everytime hes on the court when he gets 38mins in a game and in the next one he plays 22...sorry but at this point its all about confidence, everyone who has seen this dude over the years knows that he can perform when given the minutes

With a full day of games and suns against minnesota. Will he get into foul troubles matching up against KAT? I'm considering benching for Kieff. Looking at his games so far he has on and off games consistently.

1 hour ago, L3onD said:

he has all the tools to become a good starting center, all he needs is minutes in the thirties...dude is 24, not like hes 28 and hes going nowhere, its all about confidence, you cant expect him to flourish everytime hes on the court when he gets 38mins in a game and in the next one he plays 22...sorry but at this point its all about confidence, everyone who has seen this dude over the years knows that he can perform when given the minutes

Where have I heard that before?!

3 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

He is the Danny Green of the Front court. Flashes of brilliance followed by a bunch of duds. Expect him to get dropped and picked up about another 1000x this year. He has the physical tools, but I'm not sure he has the mental ones to really succeed and fully breakout

(see Jonas Valanciunas)

Some guys just don't have it upstairs. Those guys never make it to the top. You can't teach reactions and BBall IQ, its something people have or not. Len seems like another low BBall IQ guy. Good luck to you if you think otherwise but 4 years of making the same dumb mistakes isn't good data to work with (5.5 in JVs case). The reason guys like Gasol Bros and Bro Lo and even Vucevic have succeeded (with arguably less physical tools than either Len or JV) so well in this league is because they are such smart cerebral players than make great passes, learned to shoot because they saw how the league was evolving. Some guys just don't have the reactions or court smarts to do that...

Edited by Jake the snake

1 hour ago, Shredded said:

Don’t care about his b-ball IQ. He gets minutes and produces me stats 

This.

22 minutes ago, L3onD said:

This.

2 hours ago, Shredded said:

Don’t care about his b-ball IQ. He gets minutes and produces me stats 

You need stats therefore you need minutes but to have minutes you have the iq so stay on the floor

10 minutes ago, nbachamp said:

You need stats therefore you need minutes but to have minutes you have the iq so stay on the floor

many guys in the league that dont have the brains but still get enough minutes

15 minutes ago, L3onD said:

many guys in the league that dont have the brains but still get enough minutes

Therefore brains doesnt matter anymore?

2 minutes ago, nbachamp said:

You ever see a mans brains?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nbachamp said:

now you just twisting my words to appease yourself...point is, he doesnt need a high bball iq cause he has all the physical tools to be a good nba player (and some brains to make the simple & right plays on the court)...i may be wrong but i dont care, he produces when he gets the minutes and he needs to get his on this s---y developing team...

18 minutes ago, L3onD said:

now you just twisting my words to appease yourself...point is, he doesnt need a high bball iq cause he has all the physical tools to be a good nba player (and some brains to make the simple & right plays on the court)...i may be wrong but i dont care, he produces when he gets the minutes and he needs to get his on this s---y developing team...

Point is plain and simple...as have you said he needs some brains to make the simple and right plays on the court...if aint, he aint staying on court...so iq matters in fantasy...

If you really insist you dont care about iq...mmmm nevermind, seems you really dont care about iq anyways...lol

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, L3onD said:

Have you ever considered it’s Len’s lack of bball IQ that’s preventing him from getting more minutes?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

*Grabbing a folded chair, a cold one, sitting down quietly. :lol:

*STANDING BACK THE F UP!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1