Sign in to follow this  
Lifschitz

Alex Len 2017 - 2018 Season Outlook

5 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

Have you ever considered it’s Len’s lack of bball IQ that’s preventing him from getting more minutes?

as long as chandler’s there he’s not going to get his (and thats understandable) not because of lack of bball iq but because chandler is still a very good player and can be a valuable piece on almost every contending team...chandler is basically “rotting” in phx but he clearly doesnt give af since he already won a ring in his career and pretty much adored in the suns organization...you cant expect a guy to perform every game when his minutes fluctuate basically throughout his whole career but this has to be the year he makes that step where they (suns org) can say: okay, lets ship tyson somewhere he wants or its time for tyson to take a backseat...

Edited by L3onD

10 hours ago, L3onD said:

as long as chandler’s there he’s not going to get his (and thats understandable) not because of lack of bball iq but because chandler is still a very good player and can be a valuable piece on almost every contending team...chandler is basically “rotting” in phx but he clearly doesnt give af since he already won a ring in his career and pretty much adored in the suns organization...you cant expect a guy to perform every game when his minutes fluctuate basically throughout his whole career but this has to be the year he makes that step where they (suns org) can say: okay, lets ship tyson somewhere he wants or its time for tyson to take a backseat...

587869.gif?b64lines=U1RPUCEgU1RPUCEgSGUn

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

How does Monroe starting affect Len's season long outlook? I have been stashing him in the hopes he'll play more after the break. Hard to see him retaining much value if this is a three-way time share.

His temporary value might take a huge hit if it becomes a Chandler/Monroe/Len timeshare.

The Suns have until December 6th to make a decision on Mike James. If they plan to keep him, they either need to waive Derrick Jones Jr. or buy-out Chandler/Monroe. They could always decide not to keep Mike James, I guess, but PG is already their thinnest position.

Yea, what's going on, is he not playing due to some phantom injury or is it a coach's decision bc theyre showcasing Monroe and Chandler? I was planning on trying to packaging him a trade if he played well tonight, but there goes that.. 

Phoenix is a terrible franchise.  Under what circumstances do you play a 35 year old Chandler and a scrub like Monroe over a young big who performs when given minutes.  This team is on the road to the lottery again...SMH....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

Phoenix is a terrible franchise.  Under what circumstances do you play a 35 year old Chandler and a scrub like Monroe over a young big who performs when given minutes.  This team is on the road to the lottery again...SMH....

Trusttheprocess

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

I really hate to be the one to break this to you, but your boy, Alex Len, HE SUCKS!

42 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

I really hate to be the one to break this to you, but your boy, Alex Len, HE SUCKS!

All three of them suck, that is not the point.  He has the most upside of the three....

Here's my opinion on the matter, thinking with my brain and not my feelings:

The Suns decided that Len is going to be a part of their future, hence why they're sitting him to both a) decrease risk of injury and more importantly, b ) showcase the living s--- out of Chandler and Monroe. Owning him is gona be a HUGE pain in the a** for the next two weeks, but he'll be a solid %s, rb, blk contributor ROS if a trade actually materializes, so hold steady if you can. 

There seem to be two schools of thought.

One is that for a rebuilding team the young players should play over the veterans. They should be "developed" and have "upside".

The other is that the veterans give the team a better chance of winning  (the #1 priority right?). Also, benching a respected and still productive vet lIke a Chandler would be somewhat disrespectful. He deserves to play somewhere. If not with Phoenix then somewhere else. Trade him, buy him out, whatever.

I dont know about the whole "showcase" thing. Teams aren't stupid. They know who Chandler and Monroe are.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I dont know about the whole "showcase" thing. Teams aren't stupid. They know who Chandler and Monroe are.

Yeah it's a meaningless phrase that people still throw around for some reason, like after 20 years NBA teams still aren't quite certain what Tyson Chandler is capable of and need to watch the last dozen Suns games just to double check whether he's learned to play point guard yet.

Anyway, Alex Len has always looked like a pretty decent player to me. The Phoenix Suns organisation, on the other hand, has demonstrated serial incompetence in recent years, and multiple players have left with bitter feelings. Sometimes the whole basketball organisation (the Sacramento Kings, for example) is just a massive pile of garbage and worth avoiding at all costs.

I don't see the reasoning as to why you would give Len a DNP-CD for the sake of improving the stock of Monroe and Chandler.  Neither of those players are gonna get a spike in value if you play them in that fashion.  NBA teams (with exception to some) aren't stupid or naive.  They don't have an extreme short term memory.  -_-