Sign in to follow this  
Lifschitz

Alex Len 2017 - 2018 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

D DAY is December 6.  Suns want to sign Mike James to a contract and have to do so by December 6.  They need to clear a roster spot.  Len cannot go anywhere in a trade until 12/23 as he signed qualifying offer.  One of Monroe and Chandler will be gone in two weeks.  Monroe is likely choice as Chandler loved PHX and they seem to love him.  Either way I do not see how Len starts and his bench role is what owners will need to come to grips with.  Still productive with consistent minutes.  Hoping Monroe goes as Chandler gets DNP Old man from time to time and is usually shut down candidate during full on tank time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Super dangerous speculative buy low for Len at this point? I wonder if anyone will offer a center in return for Monroe/Chandler. Most likely the Suns are targeting a PG though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pracis said:

I don't see the reasoning as to why you would give Len a DNP-CD for the sake of improving the stock of Monroe and Chandler.  Neither of those players are gonna get a spike in value if you play them in that fashion.  NBA teams (with exception to some) aren't stupid or naive.  They don't have an extreme short term memory.  -_-

 

Phoenix is likely one of the exceptions, in their mind they think playing Monroe lots especially vs a Milwaukee team missing Henson and Giannis could blind another team into over paying, it might work on their staff but like it's been said here it won't change opinions of a competent staff with all sorts of film and analytics  on both veteran C's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2017 at 5:11 PM, 2013myyear said:

Here's my opinion on the matter, thinking with my brain and not my feelings:

 

The Suns decided that Len is going to be a part of their future, hence why they're sitting him to both a) decrease risk of injury and more importantly, b ) showcase the living s--- out of Chandler and Monroe. Owning him is gona be a HUGE pain in the a** for the next two weeks, but he'll be a solid %s, rb, blk contributor ROS if a trade actually materializes, so hold steady if you can. 

 

billy_madison_principal_no_points_mercy_

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2017 at 11:16 AM, rob0403 said:

Super dangerous speculative buy low for Len at this point? I wonder if anyone will offer a center in return for Monroe/Chandler. Most likely the Suns are targeting a PG though.

 

Buy lows are inherently risky. If the deal was risk-free for you the other owner wouldn't do it!

 

But yea, nows a perfect time to take a stab at Len, if you can stomach the risk.

 

Who knows where Monroe and/or Chandler will be playing a month or two from now. It's anyone's guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so hes gonna be a DNP-CD today? what the f--- is wrong with the suns organization seriously

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ink said:

so hes gonna be a DNP-CD today? what the f--- is wrong with the suns organization seriously

came to say the same thing... got damnit man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alex Len - C - Suns

Alex Len said he has been frustrated by his recent benchings.

Len has been hit with a DNP-CD in two of the Suns last three games. "I want to be out there and I want to compete," Len said. "I put in the work hoping to show my skills on the court. So when you’re not able to help your team it’s frustrating." Interim coach Jay Triano has been playing veterans Tyson Chandler and Greg Monroe over Len. However, Triano did tell reporters: "I have to find ways to get Alex in because he has been good and he’s rebounded the ball for us." Len is merely a stash in deeper leagues at the moment.
 
 
Source: Arizona Republic
Nov 28 - 9:42 AM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, affliction said:
Alex Len - C - Suns

Alex Len said he has been frustrated by his recent benchings.

Len has been hit with a DNP-CD in two of the Suns last three games. "I want to be out there and I want to compete," Len said. "I put in the work hoping to show my skills on the court. So when you’re not able to help your team it’s frustrating." Interim coach Jay Triano has been playing veterans Tyson Chandler and Greg Monroe over Len. However, Triano did tell reporters: "I have to find ways to get Alex in because he has been good and he’s rebounded the ball for us." Len is merely a stash in deeper leagues at the moment.
 
 
Source: Arizona Republic
Nov 28 - 9:42 AM

 

I hope he knows how frustrated his coaches must feel then when he keeps doing the same stupid things game after game for the last four years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Faber said:

I'm holding and I'm in an 8 team league.

Be patience guys. He will come 

 

Good lord. Holding Len in an 8 team league? Drop his a** I promise you no one will pick him up. I'm in a competitive 12 team league and he's on the WW. Surely you have someone better to grab.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Faber said:

I'm holding and I'm in an 8 team league.

Be patience guys. He will come 

That must be a crazy deep 8 teamer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

That must be a crazy deep 8 teamer. 

175 bench spots :-)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to make sure you play him every other game as him and Monroe are on an alternating schedule.   Funny how the league does not care about DNP CD when it comes to non stars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This kid hustles on EVERY play, offense and defense.

 

Glad to see him get some minutes tonight. 15rebs with 8mins left in the 4th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

 

I hope he knows how frustrated his coaches must feel then when he keeps doing the same stupid things game after game for the last four years.

We get it you think he sucks.

 

13/18

 

4 mins left

Edited by affliction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Granted, this was against the Bulls, but Len looked real good out there. We all know what he can do. Is anyone taking a chance on him in 10 team leagues? Or are you leaving him alone since he may get a DNP the next game? As a fantasy owner, he has to be a headache to own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 teamer here.  Wasted claims to swoop this guy, then dropped him bc of DNP-CD, and now his a** gets 30min?? But yes, I will be putting another claim in for tomorrow morning smh

13 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

Granted, this was against the Bulls, but Len looked real good out there. We all know what he can do. Is anyone taking a chance on him in 10 team leagues? Or are you leaving him alone since he may get a DNP the next game? As a fantasy owner, he has to be a headache to own.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hoopnking24 said:

10 teamer here.  Wasted claims to swoop this guy, then dropped him bc of DNP-CD, and now his a** gets 30min?? But yes, I will be putting another claim in for tomorrow morning smh

 

 

I drafted him in 10 teamed and will hold. It sucks the DNP and then the spin after.  Monroe is out of rotation and then Len is out.  All will become clearer on or before 12/6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just have a hard time figuring out the rotations and want to know if anyone has insights on all these DNP-CD. Is Monroe gonna get traded soon so they don't play him anymore as to not want him hurt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.