Sign in to follow this  
Lifschitz

Alex Len 2017 - 2018 Season Outlook

At this point its gonna be kinda random who gets to play, until either Chandler or Monroe gets traded.  The coach did say something positive the other day about wanting to play Len more so there's that.  Lets just hope he plays a consecutive game tomorrow.  

7 hours ago, gregoden said:

Good lord. Holding Len in an 8 team league? Drop his a** I promise you no one will pick him up. I'm in a competitive 12 team league and he's on the WW. Surely you have someone better to grab.

Not competitive enough. I'm in a 12 teamer, and he hasn't hit my free agency once.

• Like 1

Im already predicting he wont play tomorrow, monroe wants his revenge game vs detroit for picking drummond over him. 

2 hours ago, Xmantt said:

Im already predicting he wont play tomorrow, monroe wants his revenge game vs detroit for picking drummond over him. 

The 8 games he's played against the Pistons since he left weren't enough?

I'm expecting Monroe to play tomorrow, but I'd hope he's gotten over Detroit by now.

Edited by Ruspin Ruxin
  • Like 1

This guy is as hit or miss as they come, im glad I ended up with dedmon off the wire over him.. complete headache for several seasons now. Tease you with a massive double double, and then can't buy a bucket in the next one, then multiple game absences, only to do it all over again. When it's all said and done he'll always round out his average at 9 / 9 type. He's extremely serviceable if you lack bigs and need cheap rebounds and blocks on decent efficiency, just don't expect more from him, don't cut anyone valuable, and I think you'll be happy.

1 hour ago, 12345game10 said:

He was dropped in my 12-team too...I think i can stomache his DNP-CDs and hold out hope that he becomes a monster.

Not trying to sound condescending, but if you watch Suns games it's really his own doing. He's mechanical in the post, he tries to force the issue and when he gets his own rebounds will keep getting stuffed multiple times in heavy traffic. He lacks strength around the rim and tries to out length the defender by dunking it over top of them but it doesn't work a lot of the times. He's a garbage man type scoring wise, people thought his scoring ceiling would be higher and he does show a deft mid range jumper when given the opportunity, but this isn't a team who's going to utilize him very much other than sporadic roll passes and lobs.

52 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

He's a garbage man type scoring wise, people thought his scoring ceiling would be higher and he does show a deft mid range jumper when given the opportunity, but this isn't a team who's going to utilize him very much other than sporadic roll passes and lobs.

I was reading over at the Suns' sbnation page today, and I saw a couple people saying that the Suns were forcing him to shoot a lot of jumpers when he came into the league and it wasn't working out. And now that he's more or less strictly around the rim, he's better off.

3 hours ago, hardyharhar said:

Not competitive enough. I'm in a 12 teamer, and he hasn't hit my free agency once.

He just got dropped prior to this outburst in my 12 man, he held until yesterday morning (I dropped him in preseason).

I'm not sure about most others, but I think 90 percent of my league has no one to cut for him, there is just too much depth in the NBA today. I can only see a team built around a fantasy small ball approach with only two bigs finding use for him or someone who lost a big to injury (gobert).

He's sort of Tristan Thompson ish, the end rank is never pretty, and he's fairly one dimensional, so he'll always bounce in and out of rosters in shallower leagues. 

3 hours ago, hardyharhar said:

Yeh not competive enough to pick up a bloke who will play 10 minutes for 2 games and 25 minutes the next. Until Chandler goes he isn't worth owning.

Edited by gregoden

11 hours ago, gregoden said:

Good lord. Holding Len in an 8 team league? Drop his a** I promise you no one will pick him up. I'm in a competitive 12 team league and he's on the WW. Surely you have someone better to grab.

It's an 11 cat league with DDs. And between the thin bigs in the FA he has the best upside as a rebounder. I don't care what he is now. I do care what he will be in March/April 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I'm not sure about most others, but I think 90 percent of my league has no one to cut for him, there is just too much depth in the NBA today. I can only see a team built around a fantasy small ball approach with only two bigs finding use for him or someone who lost a big to injury (gobert).

13 minutes ago, gregoden said:

Yeh not competive enough to pick up a bloke who will play 10 minutes for 2 games and 25 minutes the next. Until Chandler goes he isn't worth owning.

Before Monroe got there, he was getting 23 mpg / 8.6 ppg / 8.3 rpg / 0.9 bpg / 47% fg / 77% ft. There's no one on my waivers that can produce that. 

The minute Monroe or Chandler are gone, he's at least back to that. And Monroe will be gone most likely. They aren't going to have 3 centers around, esp. when they said they want to keep Mike James and in order to do that, they need to cut someone. If the guy with Len dropped him in my league, he'd get snatched up real quick.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jjbooda said:

I drafted him in 10 teamed and will hold. It sucks the DNP and then the spin after.  Monroe is out of rotation and then Len is out.  All will become clearer on or before 12/6

I cried at 4am this morning. Smh, lost em. Dropped TJ after drafting him too bc of all the mess before Earl got fired and him timesharing TJ & Jackson. Whatever, got Dedmon instead. My league is what I consider competitive, and I have a hard time balancing patience for the long term, with getting these W's week to week.

*kanye shrug*

• Like 1

He is perfect for a punt bulk build. Had him as my third string center and only gave up on him due to a trade. 

16&12 guy with 30+mpg #FreeMyNiccaOleksiy

Edited by L3onD

I think best case scenario is Monroe getting traded.

My own opinion is that if they trade/cut Chandler, then a lot more minutes will go the way of Monroe and Len won't get as many minutes as he would with Chandler gone.

That's my hope...I feel the big reason why Len is getting so many DNP-CD's is because they are showcasing both Monroe/Chandler as trade chips.

The ideal situation is that they could possibly move both of them and then there wouldn't be any roadblocks for Len at that point.

Would he then live up to the 'true' hype...that is something we don't know yet if he was given a full allotment of minutes.

2 hours ago, crazybob60 said:

I think best case scenario is Monroe getting traded.

My own opinion is that if they trade/cut Chandler, then a lot more minutes will go the way of Monroe and Len won't get as many minutes as he would with Chandler gone.

That's my hope...I feel the big reason why Len is getting so many DNP-CD's is because they are showcasing both Monroe/Chandler as trade chips.

The ideal situation is that they could possibly move both of them and then there wouldn't be any roadblocks for Len at that point.

Would he then live up to the 'true' hype...that is something we don't know yet if he was given a full allotment of minutes.

I dont really get the showcasing thing. Teams know who Monroe and especially Chandler are at this point. It's not like they are young guys.

• Like 1

How do you reward another solid performance?  Start Monroe move Chandler to the bench.  Can we assume Len is a DNP CD?  What the hell is Triano thinking?  Was he an earl Watson assistant?  If so, what about promoting him to interim was going to result in change?

1 minute ago, jjbooda said:

How do you reward another solid performance?  Start Monroe move Chandler to the bench.  Can we assume Len is a DNP CD?  What the hell is Triano thinking?  Was he an earl Watson assistant?  If so, what about promoting him to interim was going to result in change?

it atleast resulted in him giving TJ the opportunity he lacked when watson was around at the start of the season (timeshare with josh jackson which)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 12345game10 said:

He was dropped in my 12-team too...I think i can stomache his DNP-CDs and hold out hope that he becomes a monster.

He was dropped 8n my 16 team league. I got the claim on hum, but I probably won't get him. But I'm with you with the DNP-CDs

2 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

Today is probably Tyson's turn for a DNP-CD, then Len gets DNP-CD next game. Pattern has emerged!

• Like 2

and just on queue with our debate last night, he ***** the bed.

Welcome to the Len show.

I'll tease you with 18 rebounds in 29 minutes in a fruitful matchup with Chicago, only to get 4 points and 3 rebounds in a tough matchup vs Detroit.

• Haha 1