crazybob60

Jonas Valanciunas 2017-2018 Season Outlook

anyone watching the game game? not really asking for much was just hoping for like 10-12pgg and 8-10rpg on good %s. Every game so far aside from opening night he starts off so slow

Brutal owning this guy.

He'll go 20/10, then 3 straight games where he plays 12 minutes and puts up 6/4

He hit the waiver in a roto league, seems like a good stash. His PER 36 numbers are a little up over last season, seems like if he can get on the court he'll produce to what you drafted him for. 

He is about to get the drop from my 12-teamer for someone who brings more consistent value.

18 minutes ago, hlin8821 said:

This guy is way too inconsistent

lol

2013: 11/9 with 1 block

2014: 12/9 with 1 block

2015: 13/9 with 1 block

2016: 12/9 with 1 block

He's not AD but he is as consistent as it comes.

Dropping him is ludicrous

23 minutes ago, alexstr said:

lol

Hopefully he proves us wrong... It's just frustrating owning him with his minutes never consistent. I hope he gets it going this week. The lack of defensive stats recently is very frustrating as well...

1 minute ago, hlin8821 said:

Hopefully he proves us wrong... It's just frustrating owning him with his minutes never consistent. I hope he gets it going this week. The lack of defensive stats recently is very frustrating as well...

I feel you, but TBH, you should've known what you were getting into when drafting him.  His mins have always hovered around 25 per game and have never been consistent.

He's kind of just a guy you leave in there and when the year is over with he'll be ranked top 75.  

5 hours ago, alexstr said:

lol

Yeah he has been consistently $hit for years...

15 hours ago, Aunt Jemima said:

anyone watching the game game? not really asking for much was just hoping for like 10-12pgg and 8-10rpg on good %s. Every game so far aside from opening night he starts off so slow

He wasn't doing much of this:

In the early stages he was at times standing behind the perimeter and even took a 3 pointer. I think there weren't many P&R attempts either. And he didn't seem to be able to contain Horford that well. Maybe all in all a matchup thing against Boston? (just speculating).

So tempted to drop him for barton or Aminu... what do you guys think his outlook looks like? Will he get more minutes? Will he start producing more ? 

I picked jamychal and put in my IR. Also picked Henson. I Will wait one or two weeks to see Who I drop from these three.

9 hours ago, Sab said:

So tempted to drop him for barton or Aminu... what do you guys think his outlook looks like? Will he get more minutes? Will he start producing more ? 

Its a good question.  I think his outlook is going to be the same as it has been his whole career.  He will not be getting more minutes than he has in the past, and he will not be producing more than he has in the past because he won't be getting the necessary consistent minutes that starting caliber centers get.

It is what it is.

I knew about his minutes before drafting him but man...I might have to bench this guy.  

His playing time is BRUTAL this year.

He's losing a lot of minutes to Poeltl

Feeling like an idiot for buying low on this guy

I mean he's 12 pts 7 rebs 1 assist in the 3rd quarter.

Almost certainly going to double double this game

Not sure what you thought you were buying.

• Like 1

I don't have him anywhere this year, but I like him as he doesn't hurt your percentages either.  Not enough usage to be your #1 fantasy center but seems to fit with any type of scoring lineup.

• Like 1

Does need to get his minutes back up to the 25 min mark though. in 25 mins he'll get his numbers but he's had a few games under the 20 minute mark this season which limits him.

• Like 1