Bengalo

Julius Randle 2017-2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, KaanYeez said:

Walton is just so bad. The last two games, Randle has sparked the comeback. No where to be seen tonight. Smh Walton.

Maybe benching him made him realize he needs to play ******** defense. First 3 games he ever has as a Laker. If he keeps playing well he can earn his spot back. 

• Like 1

He's producing like crazy in limited minutes (14 min - 14/7/2/1) but to give credit Nance is killing it out there as well

Its such a shame he's getting neglected in a contract year like this. The guy barely plays with the second unit but is by FAR the most productive player on the court. Unbelievable. He needs to demand a trade ASAP.

Also kuz is by far the best 3 pt shooter of the three of them. Definitely a complicated situation

2 minutes ago, KaanYeez said:

Its such a shame he's getting neglected in a contract year like this. The guy barely plays with the second unit but is by FAR the most productive player on the court. Unbelievable. He needs to demand a trade ASAP.

He's probably asked for it and they are probably already working on one. But demanding doesn't always work out so well, especially if u r in a barbershop

Walton played 13 different guys tonight (I'm surprised he didn't sub himself in as well). Randle had the 4th least minutes but led the team in scoring. That's saying something. Play the damn guy 25-28 minutes a game. I don't care if he comes off the ******** bench. Just PLAY the man.

Curious to see the mins, the split between PF/C and what he can actually do with pt, especially in the stocks department

Its absolutely blasphemous that Walton has played this guy 15 minutes tonight with Nance injured. Unbelievable

• Like 1

Dude fouled out.  got about 12 minutes in the first half 

Edited by two0six
  • Thanks 1

This guy is the biggest headache for those who picked him up in mid-late rounds..This dude and Marques Chriss. I have both UGH.

I'm going to ignore tonight's poor minutes...no way he gun get 16 mins w Lance out. I'm expecting mid 20s now. Cmon Coach Walton.

1 hour ago, KaanYeez said:

Its absolutely blasphemous that Walton has played this guy 15 minutes tonight with Nance injured. Unbelievable

would help if you watched the games and not just the box scores.....but even the box score will show you he fouled out.

• Haha 2

Living in the Midwest it is difficult to watch Lakers games unless they play the Pacers or are on a nationally televised game.  So, generally, I only get to see the Lakers in highlights on ESPN.  I also don't have Randle on any of my teams.  Is it fair to assume that Kuzma and Nance (when healthy) get disproportionate minutes over Randle because of defensive concerns.  I know Nance is a solid defender as I have seen him play several times.  I have only seen snippets of Kuzma.  Is he a solid defender as well?

36 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Living in the Midwest it is difficult to watch Lakers games unless they play the Pacers or are on a nationally televised game.  So, generally, I only get to see the Lakers in highlights on ESPN.  I also don't have Randle on any of my teams.  Is it fair to assume that Kuzma and Nance (when healthy) get disproportionate minutes over Randle because of defensive concerns.  I know Nance is a solid defender as I have seen him play several times.  I have only seen snippets of Kuzma.  Is he a solid defender as well?

Kuzma is getting the minutes because of his shooting, he stretches the court for his teammates and is a natural scorer. Randle is actually one of the better defenders on the team right now but is still undersized against certain centers

• Thanks 1

So what the hell to make of this guy? I have a feeling he wont' get 25 mins + consistently throughout the season which means I most definitely can't start him in my weekly h2h points league.

Drop? Trade? He's in a very awkward spot atm.

Bogut and Corey Brewer are getting minutes over this guy... like how. Walton is hands down the worst coach in the NBA. unbelievable.

Randle is actually getting PF minutes now!!! Wonder what the return of Nance does, I hope Walton starts to play Kuzma at SF a bit more to free up more minutes.

3 minutes ago, two0six said:

Randle is actually getting PF minutes now!!! Wonder what the return of Nance does, I hope Walton starts to play Kuzma at SF a bit more to free up more minutes.

That would make the most sense. But making sense has not exactly been a strong trait of the Walton family.

The numbers he puts up when he gets minutes make this all the more frustrating.

17/5/2 on 8/12 shooting in the 1st half!

Actually played the 2nd most minutes to lonzo

He plays so strong but with the ball in his hands he is one of the worse decision makers in the league