Bengalo

Julius Randle 2017-2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I thought everyone said Randle sucked?

He did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

He did.

He never sucked. I never understood this situation from the start. He’s so good. 

4 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I thought everyone said Randle sucked?

Seems to me he's producing -- when given the opportunity.

3 hours ago, miasma16 said:

He did.

1 hour ago, JooCraig said:

He never sucked. I never understood this situation from the start. He’s so good. 

Uh, pretty sure he sucked . . . 

AR8ZCoo.png 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JooCraig said:

He never sucked. 

6 hours ago, miasma16 said:

He did.

Chance for Randle to start ROS? Walton seems to favor having one who can shoot from deep in the 4-5 position at all times, so it’s gotta be Kuzma plus Randle or Nance plus Lopez. With Kuzma seeming like a runaway starter ROS, Walton may choose to have Lopez come off the bench so they stagger their bigs who can shoot 3s

1 hour ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

Back to the second unit...

We'll see. The entire team sucked tonight. They really need Lonzo back. Hes underrated in the sense that he makes everyone else better

He’s been playing so good I’m just so tired of this clog the Lakers have going on. Is it Nance? Is it Randle? Is it Lopez? Luke needs to stop missing around and just make a solid decision. They’re 11-27 for God’s sake obviously this constant change in lineup is not working. 

1 hour ago, samer42 said:

They're just showcasing him so they can find a team willing to trade for him 

And in the midst of showcasing have proved what many suspected, he is the best big at the lakers. I'm calling it, he has so far been the most frustrating player to own this year because if it wasn't for Walton he'd be putting up near boogie numbers.

8 hours ago, freddo said:

And in the midst of showcasing have proved what many suspected, he is the best big at the lakers. I'm calling it, he has so far been the most frustrating player to own this year because if it wasn't for Walton he'd be putting up near boogie numbers.

it's ludicrous that Luke was saying that Nance plays better w/ Lopez as the reason for benching him... and that it's taken this long for him to get his turn.

That was a monster line and last 5 games he's shot 75%+ from the FT line

12 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

22/14/6. This is why he was drafted in the top 60. I hope he can keep this production up! 

Maybe on CBS, but not anywhere with intelligent drafters. Even if he was being drafted Top 60, you should've known better.

12 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Maybe on CBS, but not anywhere with intelligent drafters. Even if he was being drafted Top 60, you should've known better.

I didn't, but that was around yahoo ADP. 

2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

In my league he got drafted at position 80 and got dropped somewhere at the beginning of the season so i took him from the waiver

4 minutes ago, chaos6010 said:

In my league he got drafted at position 80 and got dropped somewhere at the beginning of the season so i took him from the waiver

I got him on the wire as well. He has his flaws, but his PTS, FG%, and REBs are consistent. 

16 hours ago, freddo said:

Near Boogie numbers might be a little overboard (yes, I know you said near), but Walton is the reason why he has been so frustrating to own from the get go.

4 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Maybe Top 60 would have been a little high, but nobody would have known that Walton was going to treat him so poorly up until recently.  Multiple sites were fairly high on Randle coming into the season, and for good reason as long as he isn't getting jerked around.  So I can understand why people were drafting him at least in the Top 70-80.  Even if you drafted him higher, it should have been a fairly safe pick regardless of what others thought about him since going into the season you should have gotten a double-double machine.  Maybe you could have gotten better, but it's not like it should have been a dud pick either.

Edited by KilloWertz

25 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Near Boogie numbers might be a little overboard (yes, I know you said near), but Walton is the reason why he has been so frustrating to own from the get go.

Yes probably a bit optimistic but still these are the only per 36 minute players that have put up at least 20 points, 10 boards and 1 block this season (20 game minimum). Randle definitely has a ceiling that is worth chasing.

Boogie 26.1 pts, 12.6 boards, 1.6 blocks

A.Davis 26.3 pts, 10.6 boards 2.1 blocks

Embiid 27.4 pts, 12.5 boards, 2.3 blocks

KAT 20.4 pts,  12 boards, 1.6 blocks

Vucevic 20.9 pts, 11.2 boards, 1.3 blocks

Randle 21.1 pts, 11 boards, 1.1 blocks

Edited by freddo

1 hour ago, freddo said:

Yes probably a bit optimistic but still these are the only per 36 minute players that have put up at least 20 points, 10 boards and 1 block this season (20 game minimum). Randle definitely has a ceiling that is worth chasing.

Boogie 26.1 pts, 12.6 boards, 1.6 blocks

A.Davis 26.3 pts, 10.6 boards 2.1 blocks

Embiid 27.4 pts, 12.5 boards, 2.3 blocks

KAT 20.4 pts,  12 boards, 1.6 blocks

Vucevic 20.9 pts, 11.2 boards, 1.3 blocks

Randle 21.1 pts, 11 boards, 1.1 blocks

Impressive company, but the most amazing are Embiid's #s... 

I think those numbers will improve because on the 2nd unit he wasn't next to Brolo and JC jacks up a lot of shots