Bengalo

Julius Randle 2017-2018 Outlook

On 1/10/2018 at 8:06 PM, trusthaprocess said:

I haven't found any takers yet. 

People are generally reluctant to trade value for someone you got off waivers. No matter how well that player is playing. Hate that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FinsUp24 said:

People are generally reluctant to trade value for someone you got off waivers. No matter how well that player is playing. Hate that

That's what I think. Not the end of the world, though, I'll take his  REB's and FG%, despite his lack of stocks. 

0/2 FT's...when I turned on the game last night, the Lakers were 1/11 from the FT line, THE FREAKING FT LINE! Would that be a record for the worst percentage in an NBA game? But anyways, 14 points and 1 steal and block on 50%+ FG% was nice for a C2. 

Must be frustrating to be a lakers fan. Randle and Clarkson carrying the team again yet they are the ones getting shopped.

Dude drops 27/12/5 with a steal and excellent %s and this is the blurb, smh -

Julius Randle posted a 27-point, 12-rebound double-double during Sunday's win over the Knicks, adding five assists, one steal and two turnovers in 37 minutes.

Randle has been fairly consistent with the points, boards and dimes over the past few weeks, but the general lack of defensive stats and turnover issues have been a major hindrance to his fantasy value.
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Dude drops 27/12/5 with a steal and excellent %s and this is the blurb, smh -

Julius Randle posted a 27-point, 12-rebound double-double during Sunday's win over the Knicks, adding five assists, one steal and two turnovers in 37 minutes.

Randle has been fairly consistent with the points, boards and dimes over the past few weeks, but the general lack of defensive stats and turnover issues have been a major hindrance to his fantasy value.

For those who are coasting in stocks, this is hilarious. You don't find players who don't put up these kind of numbers on the wire. I'd be glad to take advantage of owners who agree with this sentiment. He ain't a hindrance to my team! Without him, I would be screwed at C2. My waiver wire is bare at that position. 

37 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

For those who are coasting in stocks, this is hilarious. You don't find players who don't put up these kind of numbers on the wire. I'd be glad to take advantage of owners who agree with this sentiment. He ain't a hindrance to my team! Without him, I would be screwed at C2. My waiver wire is bare at that position. 

Agreed, if Randle was putting up these monster numbers consistently he'd be top 30...will take this line any day at any time

• Like 1

Nance gone, so maybe more minutes and good production ROS. Unless he gets moved as well

1 hour ago, ak427 said:

Nance gone, so maybe more minutes and good production ROS. Unless he gets moved as well

if hes not moved, then we can expect the Randle we thought we drafted on draft day

8 hours ago, letsmakewafers said:

I feel Rabndle owners hit huge w Nance moving. Not much action here though. Should I not get too excited?

Two words: Luke Walton.  Randle is cooking right now and as long as he keeps playing like this you would think any rational coach would keep giving the player minutes/opportunity but Luke Walton is crazy.

8 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

Two words: Luke Walton.  Randle is cooking right now and as long as he keeps playing like this you would think any rational coach would keep giving the player minutes/opportunity but Luke Walton is crazy.

Welp, they cant trade Randle right now, might as well give 30+ minutes a night from now on!

He's been playing awesome lately. I got him in a trade recently so I can't attest to what he was doing early season, but he's pretty much been a lock for 15+ points, 6+ rebounds, and good FG% since I've gotten him

• Like 1

He's been averaging close to a double double for the past month, it's great to see. Hopefully he'll keep up this momentum. The minutes will be there with Nance gone now. 

Triple double tonight. Awesome stretch. Playing some of the best ball of his career these last few weeks

• Like 1

This guy doesn't get enough respect for what he's done this year.

From a limited player who mostly played bully ball to going through adversity with Walton marginalizing him, to what he's doing now, put up big time double doubles and even the occasional trip dub. 

The FG% has been amazing, and even the FT% has been quite good with the exception of a game here or there (yes, that 0fer5 was a pain). 

mad props and very curious to see where he'll go this summer.

and as I'm writing this he's dropped 21/4/2/1/1 on the Heat in 19 minutes shooting 8/12 and 5/5 at the line. Beast!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, chaiway said:

This guy doesn't get enough respect for what he's done this year.

From a limited player who mostly played bully ball to going through adversity with Walton marginalizing him, to what he's doing now, put up big time double doubles and even the occasional trip dub. 

The FG% has been amazing, and even the FT% has been quite good with the exception of a game here or there (yes, that 0fer5 was a pain). 

mad props and very curious to see where he'll go this summer.

and as I'm writing this he's dropped 21/4/2/1/1 on the Heat in 19 minutes shooting 8/12 and 5/5 at the line. Beast!

also, pretty amazing that the Lakers are 7-3 in their last 10 and winning against the heat who are 8th in the east, so he's actually helping them win not just getting stats

Ho hum. I''ve come to expect nothing less from this beast. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2017 at 10:09 AM, KilloWertz said:

Definitely like him.  I got him at #62 in my draft a couple of days ago, which is a little above the ranking of him (70-75), but I don't see any reason why he can't outperform the rankings some are giving him.

I don't think he's going to turn into a superstar, but he does more than your typical double-double machine.

I got him at #63. He's been an absolute stud for the past month. 19/10/5 on 60+ FG%. More stocks would be nice, but he's put up an overall impressive stat line, when punting TO's like I'm doing with my team. 

The way this guy is trending is incredible. 8-cat ranking:

- 54 for the Last 2 Months

- 43 for the Last Month

- 34 for the Last 2 weeks

- 17 for the Last week

Not sure he can keep this up but crazy impressive.  --> Edit: Doubt he can keep top 20 but stud none the less

Also, 89.3% from the FT line in the last 3 games on over 9 attempts per game! very unexpected

Edited by chaiway