Sign in to follow this  
jgreen

Kevin Hogan 2017 Season Outlook

2QB league in here. Any chance this guy becomes the starter? Been looking much better than Kizer.

I plan on picking up Hogan, after waivers clear, as my bye week replacement for RW. The offense just looks better with him out there, there’s no way around it. Clearly he hasn’t been named the starter yet but i’m sure he will be. 

Kevin Hogan has the same amount of passing TDs on the year as DeShone Kizer. Hogan has played 3 quarters of football

This guy worth a start for streamers? IIRC he has looked decent (fantasy wise) every time he's been on the field. Solid floor with rush yards and a Houston D without Watt and Mercilus.

Very underrated fantasy QB. Agree that his floor is solid with his rushing and honestly they have just looked like a totally different team with him out there. I was hoping to sneak him in as a FA after waivers in my 2QB league but someone submitted a waiver for him--and I don't blame them. I see this guy as a top-20 option with upside for more. You could do much worse for a bye-week streamer or a matchup play in 2QB leagues.

In 2QB or superflex leagues where practically every starting QB is rostered he's a priority pickup IMO, for bye week and injury coverage. Looks to be in a pretty good position for fantasy purposes, since he can run and will be playing from behind a lot.

He reminds me a bit of Kaepernick last year; if he can have a solid 15ish point floor with potential 20-25 point games here and there I will take it. 

1 minute ago, RoboFroogs said:

He reminds me a bit of Kaepernick last year; if he can have a solid 15ish point floor with potential 20-25 point games here and there I will take it. 

This is a great comparison. The only concern is if Hogan can limit his turnovers. If he can hold onto the ball he won't give the CS a reason to go back to Kizer.

The rushing upside on this guy cannot and should not be underrated. He can scoot and is almost guaranteed 30 yards rushing a game with upside for a TD. Tebow was top-15 fantasy option when he was in the league--why not Hogan?

14 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

This is a great comparison. The only concern is if Hogan can limit his turnovers. If he can hold onto the ball he won't give the CS a reason to go back to Kizer.

The rushing upside on this guy cannot and should not be underrated. He can scoot and is almost guaranteed 30 yards rushing a game with upside for a TD. Tebow was top-15 fantasy option when he was in the league--why not Hogan?

No glaring reason why not. Running ability and playing for a crappy team(lots of garbage time) are two elements that can make a great fantasy QB.

13 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

Kaepernick single handedly won me a championship last year in a two-QB league so it is definitely possible to win with guys like him. Plus he has a pretty good schedule until after the week 9 bye. Could be a good Luck replacement if he remains the starter.

Nabbed him for a a quarter of my faab budget in a super-flex league where even decent back-up qbs are all owned. I am on-board! I've read a few 'draft-experts' that were pretty high on him. I guess we will see on Sunday.

7 minutes ago, avion16 said:

good player. will he target NJOKU?

2 of his 3 TD passes this year have gone to him, so I'd guess yes. A good bye week replacement if you were relying on Bradford and are desperate. 

DeShone Kizer will be the backup to Kevin Hogan in Week 6 action against the Texans. Head coach Hue Jackson said this of Kizer, however, "This does not change the way we feel about DeShone going forward. He has worked extremely hard and still very much has a bright future." (Source: Cleveland Browns on Twitter)

Hope he does well and keeps the job. I need a bye week 7 filler and he gets TEN which looks pretty great on paper 

So remember when Blake Bortles finished as the #4 QB in fantasy because of garbage time?

Not saying that's going to happen here at all, very unlikely actually. But Hogan racks up the rushing yards which is awesome for fantasy and Browns secondary has given up the highest passer rating against in the NFL. 

Furthermore in mopup duty so far he's 26-38 for 377 yards 3 TDs 2 ints, 5 carries for 35. 

Now the INT he had earlier in the season vs Baltimore was a terrible decision in practically triple coverage. They were around mid field with 25 seconds to go in the half so I get it that he was trying to make a play but it was an awful play.

His 2nd inteception he was hit from the blindside as he was throwing, the pass sailed a little high, bounced off his receivers finger tips and picked off by the DB. Those things happen, especially when you're on the Browns.

Besides that he had a really nice day against the Jets, going on the road this week at Houston with a full week of reps, it will be interesting if he can be a viable fantasy QB yet again.