Sign in to follow this  
heyitsmattdelly

Ryan Anderson 2017-2018 Outlook

Seems like this guy is going undrafted in 10 man leagues, does anybody see how he might do this year?

Is he gonna have a better year with CP and harden getting him looks or is it gonna be worse with Luc and PJ behind him too

Useful for 3pts only. Rather limited, but I can see his FG rise playing with CP, and he'll be a low TO guy.

For a player that most can still get for free at this point, he looks to be locked into playing time on one of the better offenses in the league. 

33 minutes last night, 13/8 - 3 Treys 1 Blk 1 Stl 0 TO, ill take that production all day long. 

1 hour ago, PersonUnderTheStair said:

For a player that most can still get for free at this point, he looks to be locked into playing time on one of the better offenses in the league. 

33 minutes last night, 13/8 - 3 Treys 1 Blk 1 Stl 0 TO, ill take that production all day long. 

Hope you are not expecting that production all day long. The stocks and boards won't be there most nights. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Hope you are not expecting that production all day long. The stocks and boards won't be there most nights. 

The stocks are gravy but I think he can average close to 6 boards a game.  Last year was a career low for him at 4.6 but he' averaged over 6 rpg 3 of the 4 years prior.  Decent boards with the 3s makes him worth something in my 14 team punt FG build.

You can do a lot worse at the end of your bench.  I few him as an even cheaper Dirk alternative who will give you more 3s.

He's basically a poor broke man's Kevin Love, but should therefor be useful for at least some teams. Decent points (for where you draft him; last round), a few boards, couple of 3s, good FT% and absolutely dreadful FG%. You could do worse with your last pick as he's got a pretty predictable floor; not a lot of upside though.

After last  year I will never own this man again. The only player I can recall that saw his  numbers pitfall instead of spike in a Mike D. offense, shame. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 2

playing w/ a bad back...Nene and Ariza are both out w/ injuries so maybe an uptick in playing time will get him out of his funk if his back gets better

Dropped him in order to have a streamer spot. I'll probably regret it in a couple weeks but dude is hot gaaaahbage at the moment.

Started the season shooting very badly but he's come on the last 2 games.  His 6 3s tonight may very well put me over for the week.

He gets a lot of hate and I get it but he's serves his purpose on my team.

ETA- and through in 6 boards and 2 stocks to boot.

Edited by VaTerp
  • Like 1

This guy was on fire when the season first started. I know because he was on my opponents h2h team and torched me.

Anyone know why Ryno has slowed down? Was thinking about trading for him at one point. Lot of single digital games in the last 6 or so.

39 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

This guy was on fire when the season first started. I know because he was on my opponents h2h team and torched me.

Anyone know why Ryno has slowed down? Was thinking about trading for him at one point. Lot of single digital games in the last 6 or so.

Because he's not a very good player? He's good for 2.5 threes and will hurt you in virtually every other category. 

1 hour ago, Purple Hippo said:

Because he's not a very good player? He's good for 2.5 threes and will hurt you in virtually every other category. 

I just see a recent decline from his last season's stats. Saw Rocket's game today, it was basically Harden and Gordon taking their defenders one-on-one in every play. 

Shooters like Ariza and Ryno need CP3 back to get in the groove I think. 

... Ariza had 20 pts, 8 rebs, 2 asts, 1 stl, 5 3's

and Andersons line wasn't awful either 9 pts, 8 rebs, 2 3's and a block

That's more or less the expected line (more rebounds even)

He wasn't really on fire early in the season either. More or less exactly the same. He had 2 games in a row where he got particularly hot from outside which skews his stats. If you exclude those 2 games the remaining games are almost identical.

There is some remaining upside in that he should get good service from CP3 on his return.

how do you guys rank him in a 9 cat 12 team h2h leauge?

someone just dropped him in my league