sunz0r

DeMarcus Cousins 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Please be an Ant Davis injury, please. (minor)

Edited by chud12

1 minute ago, Panic said:

did it look bad ?

Tough to tell. Usually, the worse it looks the better because then it's an ankle. When it's a non contact injury and he grabs the back of his ankle/calf then it could be an Achilles.

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:
Cousins went down after battle for rebound after his missed free throw, getting helped to the locker room. Has had issues with his left ankle. Leaving with 15-13-11.

The ankle and achilles are basically the same area...for a guy to tweet what the video shows means almost nothing to me. Need to wait for medical reports.

I have been saying this for weeks, and there could be no correlation to this injury, but this monster of a human being was being run WAY too many minutes for WAY to long. I get it that his minutes were down in this game, but all those 40+ minute games were going to catch up at some point. Putting out good vibes hoping it is minor and hoping all of us that drafted him are still in it after this injury. 

I’ll Take 2 weeks. Heck even a month.  I just want to know I will get my Boogie back. 

Damn. Looked like he blew an achilles. There was a slight hitch when the foot fully planted. Anytime I've seen that, its usually a tear, but than again I'm not a expert so take this with a grain of salt. Hopefully it's not serious and he has a speedy recovery, he has been a beast this season.

Edited by FearTheBrow

Season of injuries continues... finally this time it’s not one of my players. 

Don’t see any obvious pickups here tho

Hope he gets better and that me saying this is just preemptive.

That being said, I weirdly think NOP becomes a landing spot for Nerlens or Willy if this is long term.

f--- f--- f---... traded two big time players for him and now he’s gone. Can’t catch a BREAK! Praying he’s back soon.

5 minutes ago, thezing1 said:

The ankle and achilles are basically the same area...for a guy to tweet what the video shows means almost nothing to me. Need to wait for medical reports.

I have been saying this for weeks, and there could be no correlation to this injury, but this monster of a human being was being run WAY too many minutes for WAY to long. I get it that his minutes were down in this game, but all those 40+ minute games were going to catch up at some point. Putting out good vibes hoping it is minor and hoping all of us that drafted him are still in it after this injury. 

He's barely averaging more than he has in any season and he's hasn't slowed down, so to say that he's playing too many minutes is a bit silly.  No offense really, but he can handle playing plenty, even for a big guy.

If this turns out to be a major injury, then there goes any excitement for the rest of the season.  When Wall went down earlier this season, I was able to get lucky and replace him with Mitchell.  Between Wall not being John Wall this season and the monster season Cousins is having, there's no way to do that again with Boogie.