fantasick

Mike Conley 2017-2018 Season Outlook

18 hours ago, thefloat said:

Wish someone in my league would drop him. I think he's a firm hold if you're on course to make the playoffs.

What's your league size? I'm still holding but it's a hard decision. Hoping he gets traded

I'm in a 12 and a 14-team, but I think he's a hold in all formats.

Even with the Grizzlies doing so poorly, I think it's a little overly pessimistic to say he's not gonna play. He's a dude who plays hard and has a ton of integrity. If he's healthy, he's gonna play. And while his injuries are worrisome, surely he's gonna be healthy eventually.

Also with the way Marc Gasol and Tyreke have been playing hard, it seems like this team is showing a lot of fight. I just don't think they could keep a healthy Conley off the court. And if they really want to tank, they'll trade him.

Edited by thefloat

1 hour ago, thefloat said:

I'm in a 12 and a 14-team, but I think he's a hold in all formats.

Even with the Grizzlies doing so poorly, I think it's a little overly pessimistic to say he's not gonna play. He's a dude who plays hard and has a ton of integrity. If he's healthy, he's gonna play. And while his injuries are worrisome, surely he's gonna be healthy eventually.

Also with the way Marc Gasol and Tyreke have been playing hard, it seems like this team is showing a lot of fight. I just don't think they could keep a healthy Conley off the court. And if they really want to tank, they'll trade him.

It doesn't matter if he's the hardest player with the best integrity in the league. If coach and management says limit/shut him down that's what will happen. 

54 minutes ago, bkplayas said:

It doesn't matter if he's the hardest player with the best integrity in the league. If coach and management says limit/shut him down that's what will happen. 

From an organization where the coach this season got fired for benching/disagreeing with Gasol? Star players get what they want in this league.

Other than Bledsoe last year, I can't think of an example of a star player just being held out to tank. And I think the Bledsoe situation was pretty exceptional. If Conley is healthy and wants to play, he will. And I have no reason to think either of those things won't happen eventually.

Just now, Amp12 said:

I'm leaning towards dropping Conley, I'm in a 8 team, more talent out there

Easy drop in 8 teamer

Just dropped him in a 16 Teamer with no IR spots where I’m fighting for a playoff spot.

the Grizz are not gonna make the playoffs and I can’t inagine them risking Conley playing big minutes or playing in back to backs when he finally does return.  Most leagues have what, 6 weeks left in the regular season?  Do you envision a scenario where Conley returns and gives you valuable production in that timeframe, because I don’t.  I’m shocked ppl in 12 team leagues are still holding given the talent that must be on the wire.

its a lost season for him, time to move on folks. 

Edited by Kawz

9 hours ago, Kawz said:

its a lost season for him, time to move on folks. 

No. Never. I have an IR, I'm in 2nd place and, and ....I believe in the me that believes in Michael Conley Jr!

AMEN to the IL....if I had it I’d have no problem keeping him.

17 hours ago, kanchi said:

No. Never. I have an IR, I'm in 2nd place and, and ....I believe in the me that believes in Michael Conley Jr!

I sure hope so. I love Conley but I feel like he's in little Currys position. No set timetable, trade deadline coming up and he's "injured". Maybe they're saving him to trade him or keep him and let him rest. I have an IL spot too but either way I don't like it. Still holding/hoping

I'm holding him in a 12 team league even though I also have Gallo, who like Conley, has played about a dozen games this season and has no timetable but was supposed to be back 2 weeks ago.

Figure if I don't have those 2 I have very little chance of winning another title this season so may as well ride or die by them.

47 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

I want to believe you so much!! Source?

Nothing to see on twitter.

2 hours ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

Except that the Grizzlies announced that he is out tonight.

Yeah, but this is the opposite of back :D

Wouldn’t we all love to get an update today? With Parker and Millsap sitting on the wire in my league I’m so tempted to swap. 

I hate seeing this thread get bumped and hoping there's an update just to realize it's just people bashing the guy....

That being said, this guy is FU***N' killing me. Whaaaat the fffffffff*****K.  He has been practicing for 2 1/2 months but can't get in a game? Him and Kawhi need to stop jerkin each other and start producing.