Sign in to follow this  
boredster

Kamara for DJ and.... - need help

12 team, redraft but keep 1 keeper at auction value (can only keep one season - listed $ value of potential attractive keepers only)

start:  qb, 2rb, 2wr, te, flex

my team (3-2, 4th place)

qb: watson ($1), rivers

rb: hyde, martin ($10), kamara ($1), buck allen, gallman, charles

wr: a brown, evans, d parker ($11), d jax

te: garbage

His team (1-4, last place)

qb: cam, alex smith

rb: howard, gillislie, abdullah, David Johnson

wr: diggs ($19), thielen, davante adams ($15), garcon

te: brate

He is interested in kamara and is willing to give me David Johnson plus additional player(s) to get kamara

Should I ask for gillislie and DJ for kamara? seems like a pretty low risk with a crazy high reward possible if DJ comes back... open to other trade ideas

Edited by boredster

Reject! X10

Peterson just got signed by Arizona. DJ could very well not see playing time again this season. Seems like this guy is trying to steal Kamara off of you hoping you're not paying attention. Keep Kamara his upside is through the roof.

thanks for your comments. i know AP was traded... peterson leaving doesn't have much of an impact to kamara's value in my eyes... peterson was only getting a few touches per game anyway.

3 minutes ago, joey0480 said:

Are you able to keep DJ if you trade for him?

he went for $75 at auction ($200 budget) so no value to keep him at that crazy price.... the players i didnt assign a value to in my OP are not good keeper values due to the fact they either cant be kept or their keeper value is about what you'd expect to pay for at auction in 18'

I would probably pass then.  Not sure when DJ will be back.  And if the Cards fall out of the race completely, I don't think we see him again this year.

If you have no intention of keeping Johnson next year I see no reason to do this (doesn't even make sense to keep him if you can keep Watson for $1). Its unclear when he'd return. By rule he can't come back until week 10 at the earliest but the timeline I've heard has always been in the week 13 to week 16 range. Its unrealistic to expect him to come back playing at the high level he left off at so that alone burns a week or two of value. Additionally, Cardinals aren't that good and likely won't be in contention for a playoff spot so they could not see it worth the risk of rushing him back. 

I'd much rather have Kamara going forward. He already had his BYE and although Peterson's departure probably helps Ingram more its helps to solidify the expanded role he has been playing and thriving in prior to the BYE. Kamara should be a solid RB2 in PPR in my book given he gets a healthy dose of carries in addition to catches giving him a high floor and has big play potential. That offense is deadly as well while the defense is bad which will force the offense to often play hard all 4 quarters. 

I'd only make this trade if you have the intention of keeping DJ at that price next year. Kamara is going to be more valuable this season. By the time DJ comes back it's like your playoff will be close to being determined. DJ is questionable if he makes his impact initially after missing so much time. 

I would keep Kamara 

1. The price of DJ (I kept him as well this year)

2. Payton likes Kamara 

3. Payton does not like Ingram 

4. Keep Kamara. 

I'd keep kamara as well DJ probably won't be back this year and if you don't plan on keeping him it wouldn't be worth it.