Sign in to follow this  
Rs79

Trade AJ Green for Hogan and Baldwin - WHIR

PPR

Offered Hogan and Baldwin for my Green.  Is this a good return, or not enough?   I may be able to get Hogan and Cooks for my Green.

I could use the extra WR help, since I am flexing Cohen.   Baldwin would step in to replace Cohen in my lineup, and Hogan to replace Green. 

If not enough, I can see if I can strange Hogan, Baldwin, and Fuller too

I don't think it's enough. Even with Fuller added, I don't think that's going to replace AJ Green. He will be the focal point of the Bengals offense and it looks like there is little that defenses can do to stop him. He will get targets and TDs. A fantasy monster this season.

IT is not a bad trade for what you are looking to do.  With that said, I like hogan but I think he can regress at anytime if Cooks slides in and has a big game.  And when Gronk is back to full capacity.  I would pass and look elsewhere.  However, if you are inclined to take it, it isn't bad, but it isn't great either.  I think you can do better.

see mine please

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/674889-would-you-take-this-whir/

Obviously in FF when you are limited by how many players you can start its disproportionately valuable to have the best/ better players and Green is over 3 pts better than Hogan per game which doesn't seem like much but comparing their stats Green has significantly more targets, catches and yards than Hogan with Hogan only leading in TDs which is more difficult to bank on (catches and targets are more reliable barometer of future success in PPR). Cohen and Baldwin on the year are putting up about the same points per game except Cohen has really fallen off lately (and so has Baldwin a little although it probably has a lot to do with nagging injury which hopefully will be healed over BYE). Therefore looking ROS with Green likely to more or less stay on current trajectory (a healthy Eifert may cut into his production and TDs some but if Mixon can improve his play it would open up more opportunities for the entire offense), Hogan likely can't keep up his TD pace but looks like he could be a WR1 as one of Brady's favorite options in a very strong offense that will have to throw a lot due to their horrible defense, Baldwin should get back to WR2 numbers if he is able to heal over BYE and Cohen isn't getting the touches he used to get especially in the passing game and is losing passing down work to Cunningham so I'm not optimistic about him improving.

Therefore I think the trade makes sense for you the question is does it disproportionately benefit your opponent (are they currently not starting Hogan or Baldwin) since if it does you'd be wise to ask for more. If the other team is better than you already and they improve more than you then the trade is a net negative and you shouldn't consider it unless they add more to balance the reward (obviously things can change dramatically from when the trade was made but if you are giving up the best player I think you owe it to the rest of your league to make it sure things are even at least at the time of trade; probably should be slightly net positive since you are giving up the best player). 

Edited by Jaw1