Sign in to follow this  
SmokeRickySmoke

Am I overthinking this trade? WHIR

I am being offered D. Freeman for C. Hyde and C. Thompson. This is a .5 PPR league and my other RBs are D. Martin, Kamara, Breida and J. Allen.

It seems too good to be true, am I missing something?

Nope.  Take it.  Want no part of Hyde after past couple of weeks.  Plus Freeman just had his bye.

No I'd go for it. The gap between Freeman and Hyde likely isn't as big as it seems since Freeman has been buoyed by TDs and I think Hyde's situation has been overstated but I rather have Freeman ROS and its not clear if Thompson is closer to the player we saw first few weeks or the one we saw week 4. Given your depth at RB, the concerns around Hyde (injury and hot hand), uncertainty around Thompson's role (should decrease as running game improves and if Pryor and Reed play to their potentials), that Atlanta's pass offense has been subpar (once it improves more scoring opportunities and clock killing opportunities for Freeman as well as general holes) I'd take the deal. It would be logical for the owner to want Breida too so maybe try to swap him for Thompson or add him on top with the owner sending something else back.

The other owner clearly is weak at RB and would like to turn 1 great back into a borderline great back and a good back which isn't an awful strategy and with your depth it makes a ton of sense for you to consolidate.  

Edited by Jaw1

Make the trade. I'm low on Hyde and I wouldn't even start him in your roster given that you have Martin, Kamara and Buck Allen. You also get an additional game from Freeman as he's coming off his Bye. Freeman will be an every day starter, letting you choose between 3 other great options at RB2 and Flex.

Chris Thompson was a beast for a few weeks, but he will fall back to his usual self. He typically has a few blow-up games every year, I don't see it being much different this time around. Great throw-in to get a top 10 back.

Edited by TheLegacy