Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

parrothead

Lucas Giolito 2018 Outlook

Any one know how the rotation is working out this week? Is he going tuesday/Sunday? Off days Monday and Thursday make it tricky 

I’ve actually been using him in weekly deep league for the last month... Just dropped

I imagine he will be out of baseball in 4 years and managing a Panera.  This doesn't look good.

25 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

I imagine he will be out of baseball in 4 years and managing a Panera.  This doesn't look good.

I doubt that Panera would want him in a visible position such as Manager as it would drive customers away.  Probably a stock boy in the back where no one can see him.

And the White Sox won’t send him down. I guess watching him get embarrassed at the major league level is good for the team  record and his personal confidence. 

I looked at his line today and threw up a little in my mouth. He's awful.

I have one solution for this disaster of a pitcher:  Kopech

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: The Lucas Giolito Story. 

This guy is the definition of an easy drop. I assume the rest of you still looking at this thread are in deep keeper leagues like myself. He’s becoming droppable there too. I’m holding out another month then I’m done, unless the Sox beat me to it. 

I think you move him to the pen and make him strictly a fastball/curveball pitcher. Hopefully he gets a few mph back on the heater and simplifying his role allows him to have some success. Allowing him to keep starting at this point begins to border on insanity. 

Just now, sleepysock said:

I think you move him to the pen and make him strictly a fastball/curveball pitcher. Hopefully he gets a few mph back on the heater and simplifying his role allows him to have some success. Allowing him to keep starting at this point begins to border on insanity. 

Yeah pen is an option. I would rather they send him down to fix whatever his issues are. Fulmer i see as a pen guy, Giolito I still have some faith in to become a nice starter. Sigh. 

14 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

This guy is the definition of an easy drop. I assume the rest of you still looking at this thread are in deep keeper leagues like myself. He’s becoming droppable there too. I’m holding out another month then I’m done, unless the Sox beat me to it. 

I don't own the idiot. I just had to bump this thread to point out how putrid of a pitcher the guy is.

1 hour ago, CanadianSportsJunkie said:

I just bought him... 

How much did the owner pay you?

On 5/24/2018 at 11:52 AM, hangin n wangin said:

This guy might be the worst pitcher I have ever seen.

That's exactly what I was thinking watching his first two "quality" starts and 3rd outing of the year. You have had to watch him pitch to see how truly terrible he has looked. K:BB has been by far the worst in baseball. Through those first 3 starts he had thrown like half his pitches for balls. I had never wanted to bail on a player so bad. Managed to flip him for Kevin Gausman who started the season with that 6 er dud. Don't worry though my team is still doing plenty bad, lol.

Someone said he looked like a bad A-Ball pitcher out there, thats the descriptor thats stuck for me. There has been no reason for optimism with him, at all.

Man, what a difference 2 years makes:

Per MLB Network’s Jon Morosi, the Nationals are willing to part with Lucas Giolito in exchange for Miller.

Simply put, the Yankees are fools if they don’t accept this potential deal. If it’s real, then they would be adding the best pitching prospect in baseball to their farm system. That’s not hyperbole. Lucas Giolito is, by many accounts, the game’s most prestigious young arm.

Giolito is the real deal, and the Yankees don’t receive many opportunities to add such an elite prospect. He’s an even better return than Gleyber Torres and far superior to Luis Severino, even at his pitching prospect peak. 

11 hours ago, CanadianSportsJunkie said:

deep keeper...always worth a chance

is it though?

Huge bust. 

K% - 11.5%

BB% - 15.8%

Absolutely abhorrent numbers. The only thing he has been decent at this season is suppressing homers. He is, without a doubt, one of the worst starting pitchers in baseball.

I fortunately have not watched his starts. His control is way off though (obviously), so maybe....just maybe it is mechanics thing. A lot of GMs thought the Sox did well getting him for Eaton. The only thing making that trade close so far is that Eaton has been on the DL for 95% of his time with the Nats. Although Reynaldo could be solid and save this deal for the Sox.