DLove

Jae Crowder 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

Am i crazy to think that Crowder will still be a nice mid-round fantasy asset in Clev??  looks like hes dropping a lot in most drafts.

 

I feel like he's going to get a bunch of wide open 3's. His defensive stats and efficiency are really where his value sits and those should be effected too much by the move... Playing time is the big one here, but it looks like theyre moving him to the 4 spot to spread the floor so he should still hover around 30 mins/game, no? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DLove said:

Am i crazy to think that Crowder will still be a nice mid-round fantasy asset in Clev??  looks like hes dropping a lot in most drafts.

 

I feel like he's going to get a bunch of wide open 3's. His defensive stats and efficiency are really where his value sits and those should be effected too much by the move... Playing time is the big one here, but it looks like theyre moving him to the 4 spot to spread the floor so he should still hover around 30 mins/game, no? 

 

Yeah, I think he will get enough minutes to put similar nubmers like last year. He is too importnant for Cavs' on defense because he can switch a lot, and on offense because he can stretch the floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the real question is what happened to his elite steals. If they are still going to hover at 1 per game then he’s basically just a threes specialist with some boards - not enough for a mid round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't know what to expect from this man. He can return 5th round value, but playing in new team with LeBron makes very hard to guess what he is capable to do. How I have to rank him? I can't answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blob2004 said:

I guess the real question is what happened to his elite steals. If they are still going to hover at 1 per game then he’s basically just a threes specialist with some boards - not enough for a mid round pick.

 

Don't forget about his percentages, not many three point specialists will have FG in high 40's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's great value if he falls between the cracks of the draft (like he did in mine) and you can get him in the 9/10 rounds.

 

Will he have the same numbers that he did in BOS last year?  I don't think he will, but i think they will be somewhat close.

 

Maybe...12/2/5

 

You could do worse...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's just preseason and it's a small sample size, but when he's out there he doesn't really seem to find stats anywhere besides the 3ball..  doesn't seem to rebound well either... should we be worried here or is it just too soon

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He didnt look too bad in the opener. looks like the minutes will be there... just has to get the open shots to drop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He shot some threes, got some swipes, and his rebounding is above average for a wing player. Adding to this he is not going to shoot this bad every night, especially being a part of LeBron's team.     

 

He's my prize for missing out on Ariza and Bradley in the middle rounds.  I'm not expecting much more than a discount version of either of those two.  

Edited by Crazycanto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's our floor at this point, I'm having a hard time holding on to him right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ugh only 20 minutes tonight.. i guess jeff green got hot and stole the minutes? no sort of stocks, 3s how long are you guys going to hold? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He needs to adjust and the cavs just lost the gane while he was on the bench..I think I will bench him the next game and see..roto btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didnt draft him expecting too much... but definitely more than this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people were expecting too much. There are just too many mouths to feed in Cleveland. Lebron, k love, wade, rose and soon Isaiah and all these guys have much higher usage and are more ball dominant than Jae played with just Isaiah and horford/Bradley. The cavs system doesn’t do as much ball movement as Boston’s 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes him suitable for my team is his low usage.

 

Hopefully that translates to 2 three's on high percentages, with steals, rebounds, and no turnovers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read he's been bumped to the bench.  Probably a minutes reduction coming with this, but think he will have more of an impact with the second unit (playing other teams' second unit)?

 

He was just dropped in my league so wondering your thoughts to figure out if I want to burn my waiver on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got him in the 9th round and I just want top 75-90 numbers, and I think it's possible as long as he's playing with LeBron James. He just has to get used to the chemistry and the way the Cavs play.

 

Cmon guys, haven't we been down this narrative before. Cavs struggle every year, then launch morph themselves into a title contender come April.

 

It's going to happen after ASB, I believe Crowder can do 12/6 with a steal and 1.5 3-pointers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Just read he's been bumped to the bench.  Probably a minutes reduction coming with this, but think he will have more of an impact with the second unit (playing other teams' second unit)?

 

He was just dropped in my league so wondering your thoughts to figure out if I want to burn my waiver on him.

Where did you saw that? Hes the perfect role player to the cavs. A wing that can defend and actually shoot the ball and demand low usage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dupontpt said:

Where did you saw that? Hes the perfect role player to the cavs. A wing that can defend and actually shoot the ball and demand low usage.

 

Right here on this very website!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.