DLove

Jae Crowder 2017-2018 Season Outlook

There's a lot of mention of his low usage on this thread, which last season was 17% and the season before was 18.5%. This season he is at 14.1%. To give you an idea of players with a similar usage rate as him last season, we have guys like Gobert and Draymond. BBall Reference Search. His usage is lower but his other stats are lower by a wider margin that his usage. His total rebound % is down 40%, his assist % is down 60%, his free throw rate is about half, and his turnover % is up 30%. At some point this season he may well figure it out w/ Cleveland, maybe when Isaiah returns, but the question is how long can we hold him waiting for that. With the move to the bench I don't see his stats trending upward any time in the near future. 

This is probably matchup thing because new orleans right?you need tristan here and i dont think crowder will coming from bench in future..

9 hours ago, Kicker said:

This is probably matchup thing because new orleans right?you need tristan here and i dont think crowder will coming from bench in future..

Here's the thing - Ty Lue is a f**king moron.

He really doesn't know how to use Crowder and it's just sad. Right now he is mixing and matching and Cavs losing games isn't going in his favor. I won't drop him yet, I just think Crowder, just like the Cavs, needs a little more time to get those engines running. He won't be as good as last year, but he'll be fine IMO.

I'm done with this guy, what a bump. Only shoot trey and only one in and less rebound. Totally agreed with coach being unable to utilize Crowder. Drop city.

As of this point, he's hurting you more than he's helping you and there's plenty of hot FA's to go after right now. I was pretty big on Crowder heading into this year, drafted him 99th overall in a 12 man league, but he's just not being used correctly. Actually, he's barely being used at all! Not worth the head ache. 

18 minutes ago, Tierjerk91 said:

As of this point, he's hurting you more than he's helping you and there's plenty of hot FA's to go after right now. I was pretty big on Crowder heading into this year, drafted him 99th overall in a 12 man league, but he's just not being used correctly. Actually, he's barely being used at all! Not worth the head ache. 

I will still keep him because the Cavs are a mess right now and they need to find a way to win games. First of all they need to be better on defense, and this is where they'll need Crowder.

If they can win and continue to do so without Crowder involved, then I'll drop him, but I doubt that will happen. Still a hold for me until we see how the Cavs sort things out.

Edited by Mad Luke

Fair point, I believe that to be true but you're now banking on a hope that things will get figured out.

Crowder's overall usage has been very disappointing and I can't see him being the force that he was in Boston as a Cav. Though, I believe he's their second best defender and will always have a role within the team. How the role translates into fantasy relevance remains to be seen.

I was close to picking him up on waivers, thinking Lue and the Cavs will figure it out as the season goes. Now, color me skeptical they will figure it out. I won't be surprised if he's moved again. Cavs have a lot of personnel issues and it's showing now. 

Tristan Thompson out for a month. Should help Crowder get a small bump, right?

55 minutes ago, CFN said:

Tristan Thompson out for a month. Should help Crowder get a small bump, right?

yes pickup in 12+

Spent my waiver for Zeller few days ago,  but droped Cody (classic numbers, but clearly behind Dwight w 20min/game) and picked Crowder (streamer spot,  15player 1IR league) today. Thing is, Crowder is at his min at moment, hit the floor so hard there is no way he could be more worse. .  Of course, noone is expecting his Boston again, but guy had top50 numbers last two years, and is at least gonna have a bump on his minutes with Thompson gone for 4 weeks. 12 points with two3s every night and a prayer that he we ll be able to manage his ugly % (He was >.44 fg, > .81 ft the last two years, just turned 27y) is what I hope for. 

His actuals numbers are a real mess but think I can stomach them till he rolls on. And the cavs are awful and need to change sth (but they got Bron and Lue, the two coaches who dont have an idea about coaching. And Crowder been the type pf player who needs a good coach.)

This guy needs to untuck his junk from between his legs and play like a grown man. Come on.

Tyron Lue is an amazing coach. Lebron really is what anyone need to make a case in the NBA.

This guy is playing kyle korver and jeff green major minutes the last 6 games. Cavs lost 5 of those games. Meanwhile , crowder is eating bench. Keep going bro.

The game on Friday was encouraging, but his situation took two steps backward today

This guy is the biggest drop off ive ever seen in a player still not on his prime. Picked him in 80 and i refuse to drop him lol..stil im playing roto , if i was on h2h i would drop it in a blink of an eye. Bum

Tbh , the guy is alone most of the time demanding the ball but they dont go to him. No steals man..a guy that used to be a steal anchor has like 5 steals all season long. Brutal