DLove

Jae Crowder 2017-2018 Season Outlook

I watched a handful of Cavs game during their early struggles.

Anytime Crowder was on the bench, it looked like he had zero interaction with any teammates, despite sitting next to Bron on the bench. You'd think a player like Crowder and his competitive spirit, him and LeBron would be talking about rotations, missed looks, etc and how they can better themselves. Instead, 0 interaction with teammates despite the weak inevitable high fives after a team called timeout. No enthusiasm, just looked real SALTY to be playing with Bron vs against him. Or maybe it was because he's in cleveland, who knows. Either way, he looked disengaged in huddles, etc. This was in November so maybe it was the early losses. Either way, I doubt his situation changes too much, with Shumpert coming back too at some point for some sg/sf mins.

He's still got a couple of years left on his bargain contract too, so he's not out there BALLING his a** off like Lou Williams per say.

18 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Cavs are playing the Celtics tonite

Yeah I made a mistake I thought I was in the Isaiah Thomas thread check my edit note :)

5 minutes ago, jungmich said:

I watched a handful of Cavs game during their early struggles.

Anytime Crowder was on the bench, it looked like he had zero interaction with any teammates, despite sitting next to Bron on the bench. You'd think a player like Crowder and his competitive spirit, him and LeBron would be talking about rotations, missed looks, etc and how they can better themselves. Instead, 0 interaction with teammates despite the weak inevitable high fives after a team called timeout. No enthusiasm, just looked real SALTY to be playing with Bron vs against him. Or maybe it was because he's in cleveland, who knows. Either way, he looked disengaged in huddles, etc. This was in November so maybe it was the early losses. Either way, I doubt his situation changes too much, with Shumpert coming back too at some point for some sg/sf mins.

He's still got a couple of years left on his bargain contract too, so he's not out there BALLING his a** off like Lou Williams per say.

Yeah I agree, I don't see him returning to 6th or 7th round value like last year. At best I see him being close to 8th or 9th round value but more realistically being right outside of the top 100. I'm thinking he should be rosterable in 12 team leagues with that value but it's really wishful thinking to assume he'll completely turn things around because 1 guy is back.

I'll take him over Wilson Chandler or Allen Crabbe right now though which are best available in my 12 team.

5 minutes ago, greatestmetfan said:

Yeah I agree, I don't see him returning to 6th or 7th round value like last year. At best I see him being close to 8th or 9th round value but more realistically being right outside of the top 100. I'm thinking he should be rosterable in 12 team leagues with that value but it's really wishful thinking to assume he'll completely turn things around because 1 guy is back.

I'll take him over Wilson Chandler or Allen Crabbe right now though which are best available in my 12 team.

Both guys for sure. Crowder should have similar value to like a Markieff Morris or Aminu....can use as a streamer type players or if they have 4 game weeks but yeah I'd agree with your assessment, he should be right outside the top 100-125 range.

Just took a flier on him after someone dropped him in my 14 team league. Looks like he is slowly getting his game going. Hope some shoes drop on cavs sometime soon. Any hope on this guy?

7 minutes ago, DaveM123 said:

Just took a flier on him after someone dropped him in my 14 team league. Looks like he is slowly getting his game going. Hope some shoes drop on cavs sometime soon. Any hope on this guy?

absolutely Z _ E _ R _ O hope
aahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhah

4 minutes ago, DaveM123 said:

Not bad game today lol. As you were saying? 

Dude, we all here tried owning Crowder at some point of the season and it wasn't long before we all sent him to waivers. I don't see any reason why he would suddenly become fantasy relevant, his stats come and go, too many mouths too feed on that Cavs roster.

I dropped korver for him who has been getting zero burn. He's an end of the bench flier for me. I understand your disappointment if he finally turns it around on someone else's roster. Blind squirrels are not top 50 fantasy assets the previous year. We understand he is in a bad situation but for me it's zero risk 

Edited by DaveM123

Don't try and rekindle old flames, Crowder is no good for you. Take a flyer on somebody younger with higher upside.

35 minutes ago, JChan17 said:

No chance 

Why not? Apparently Utah have been high on him for a while. Should be seeing a lot of minutes as well

I love this move, Utah needed a mobile 3/4 who can defend and shoot (most likely 4 w. Utah) and fits well alongside Gobert.  

Also Quin Synder is another one of those coaches who can bring out the best in players. 

I could be dead wrong, but I think Crowder's fantasy value will be resurrected 

Joe Johnson and Hood combine 40+ minutes, I guess Crowder and Burks will both play more than before. Out of the Cav's locker room would also help a bit.

Edited by littlesamtung

Does Jinglin Joe play at the 3 or 4? In any case, I'm confident Crowder will be given enough minutes, remember the Jazz wanted to trade for him