Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jfazz23

Greg Bird 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

They took an extremely hot bat at time Tyler Austin to shove this loser back into the middle of the lineup.  What’s the love with this guy?  Where did he get his equity?  Career .219 hitter.  He should have to earn his way.  Yankees have desperately tried to force him to be a star.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bird is definitely not lighting it up but let's not get too nostalgic about Tyler Austin. He was batting .260 on May 20th and was down to .220 himself the first week of June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

They took an extremely hot bat at time Tyler Austin to shove this loser back into the middle of the lineup.  What’s the love with this guy?  Where did he get his equity?  Career .219 hitter.  He should have to earn his way.  Yankees have desperately tried to force him to be a star.

this is false

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

They took an extremely hot bat at time Tyler Austin to shove this loser back into the middle of the lineup.  What’s the love with this guy?  Where did he get his equity?  Career .219 hitter.  He should have to earn his way.  Yankees have desperately tried to force him to be a star.

 

In fairness, Austin wasn't hot at the time and is awful. 40% K rate and looks like a AAAA guy going forward.

 

I do think they should bring up Drury and make Bird earn his time, however. 2015 was a long time ago... really don't get why he's gotten so much leash from management.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

this is false

How so?  He hit second his second game back.  He shouldn’t ever sniff that high in lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cmilne23 said:

How so?  He hit cleanup his first game back.  He shouldn’t ever sniff being in cleanup spot.

in regards to austin...he was not hot.  he hit a good deal of homeruns in about 3-4 weeks and then was cold as stated above

 

i agree bird has been bad, but hes been very good when healthy....thats why he was given a chance, plus cash is high on him.

 

  if this continues for another week or 2 i actually agree with calling up drury and sending bird to AAA if he has options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

in regards to austin...he was not hot.  he hit a good deal of homeruns in about 3-4 weeks and then was cold as stated above

 

i agree bird has been bad, but hes been very good when healthy....thats why he was given a chance, plus cash is high on him.

 

  if this continues for another week or 2 i actually agree with calling up drury and sending bird to AAA if he has options.

why do you care that cash man is high on  Bird... 

in 2015, I was giddy over Bird, I honestly thought this guy will be perfect as a Yankee. 

 

Now in 2018 i ain’t so sure. Bird is always hurt and he can’t hit ... overrated 

back off his baseball card I see a 219 average in under 400 ABs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Anyone know how Austin was doing before they called up Bird?

Probably K-ing 40% of the time.  Bird might not be the answer for the Yankees at 1B, but neither is Austin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

homerun off lefty Eduardo Rod...whos been pitching well this year

 

hopefully this is the point he turns it around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DannyMcPot said:

Hey, have you guys heard.....?

Give the guy a week until you start preening like a peacock 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

homerun off lefty Eduardo Rod...whos been pitching well this year

 

hopefully this is the point he turns it around

 

Nice to see it off heat too, as poorly located as it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, adifazio27 said:

Smh now I guess I have to put him back in the lineup 

 

giphy.gif

Against Sale? Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kevk44 said:

Against Sale? Good luck!

they will probably start walker anyways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, adifazio27 said:

Smh now I guess I have to put him back in the lineup 

 

giphy.gif

Depending on other options, I’m still shying away from starting Bird right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not in the lineup today, so today is a perfect time to put Bird in yours.  Won’t kill your average 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, taobball said:

Depending on other options, I’m still shying away from starting Bird right now

 

Yeah, at the moment I have Whit Merrifield at 1B (it's been a rough year there) and basically float a rotating doughnut fetcher in the IF slot until Paul DeJong gets back. Obviously 2 bombs from Bird are encouraging, but I'm certainly waiting for more proof before slotting him back in every day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get too excited by those 2 HR, next game he was benched and tonight he delivered his usual performance of 0/4 with at least 1K while other yankees even had 3 HR nights.... gg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎-‎7‎-‎2018 at 6:42 AM, DJSatane said:

Don't get too excited by those 2 HR, next game he was benched and tonight he delivered his usual performance of 0/4 with at least 1K while other yankees even had 3 HR nights.... gg

 

2-for-15 with 1 RBI since that 2 HR game. His AVG is back to a Mendoza Line-level and his OPS is barely over .700....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, motown magic said:

Moose or Harper will be manning first base byAug 1 st 

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, motown magic said:

Moose or Harper will be manning first base by Aug 1 st 

 

Harper, no. 

 

Moose?  Getting more and more likely as the rumors continue to grow.  At the very least Moose is indeed a serous possibility now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

 

Harper, no. 

 

Moose?  Getting more and more likely as the rumors continue to grow.  At the very least Moose is indeed a serous possibility now.

If we were talking about next year, sure, maybe Harper.  Nationals aren't moving him at all unless they somehow continue to fall out of the races, and that would be surprising to say the least.

 

Moose is right on the money though.  Bird is likely done with the Yankees soon enough (whether he gets traded or just sits the bench).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.