Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jfazz23

Greg Bird 2018 Outlook

Boone trotted him out there Tues and Wed...combined 1 for 7...only he knows why as no one else can figure out why this guy is starting over Voit, Walker or the bat boy for that matter.  It is like they just can't admit to themselves that they made a mistake with this guy.

Also, did anyone catch the lame excuse on why Bird dropped a throw to first that went in and out of his glove?  He claimed he was breaking in a new glove (i.e., it was still stiff).  Who breaks in a new glove during a real game?  Totally bizarre.

55 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

Boone trotted him out there Tues and Wed...combined 1 for 7...only he knows why as no one else can figure out why this guy is starting over Voit, Walker or the bat boy for that matter.  It is like they just can't admit to themselves that they made a mistake with this guy.

Also, did anyone catch the lame excuse on why Bird dropped a throw to first that went in and out of his glove?  He claimed he was breaking in a new glove (i.e., it was still stiff).  Who breaks in a new glove during a real game?  Totally bizarre.

Voit DH’d one of the games and Bird hit the ball well in that game. So he let him play  yesterday.  Also Walker was in an 0 for 14 slump and needed a day off according to Boone. 

I doubt Bird plays tonight, but we will see. 

Bird seems to be bringing down the yankees race to catch red sox lol, remember that terrible error 2 days ago LOL

6 hours ago, DJSatane said:

Bird seems to be bringing down the yankees race to catch red sox lol, remember that terrible error 2 days ago LOL

To be fair, he has plenty of help sitting on the DL doing that.  It was always problematic at best trying to catch Boston, but since Judge and Didi went down the team is basically treading water.