adlgx21

Jimmy Butler 2017-2018 Season Outlook

I'm buying a Butler jersey tonight. It's official. Gonna get it tomorrow. Paid extra for that b*tch for express delivery lol. His stats today has me lined up to win the first seed team in our conference.

• Like 1

hard to believe he's the same guy that we regretted drafting two weeks into the season.

that started off so poorly that yahoo took off his do not drop.
We all love him now

• Like 2

#1 ranked player in fantasy for the past month, according to Yahoo. Has now moved up to #6 overall. He's a special player to say the least. I know I probably looked foolish on this forum when I traded Curry for him, but his play over the past month is exactly why I traded for him. 51% from the field, 90% from the line, 25/5/6 with 2-3 steals a game, and nearly a block a game, with only 2 TO per game. I'm happy with my decision. 

• Like 1

According to Yahoo, he's only 94% owned...check your ww people!!

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

He didn't make it in the one man leagues.

• Haha 1

I caught jimmy on a stl earlier in the year, ended up flipping him for draymond but turned draymond into cousins so im not mad but i woould have been had i just kept draymond lmao

jimmy is beasting

• Like 1

Jimmy Butler scored 23 points with four rebounds, two assists, one block, two steals and one turnover in 42 minutes against the Rockets on Thursday.

He's basically been an eight-category player this month, averaging 22.8 points, 5.1 boards, 6.0 assists, 0.8 blocks, 2.9 steals and 1.3 treys on 48.8 percent from the field and 87.0 percent from the line in his previous games this month. Not surprisingly, Butler has been a top-four player in standard leagues over his last 10 and last 25.

Image result for jimmy butler gif
Edited by trusthaprocess
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2018 at 11:57 PM, jstep13 said:

Lol...imagine picking up jimmy buckets on the waiver wire.  Maybe you can stream him for this week and help you win lol.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JballFan said:

Lol...imagine picking up jimmy buckets on the waiver wire.  Maybe you can stream him for this week and help you win lol.

He's on the can't cut list now haha

JB is a quintessential 9-cat roto dream player. He is plus-plus, plus, or average in basically every category. Kawhi couldn't be Kawhi this year, so Butler had to return positive value in almost every category in his stead. I wanted Leonard but someone saved me from him, so I took Butler on the turn at end of round one.

Here's something interesting (if you are a H2H guy just scroll down now). Look at Basketball Monster's player rankings YTD (per game). Count the guys who return less than -1.00 across all categories, just counting the categories where they have negative values. Here is the list: Butler, Vucevic, and Towns. If you ignore TOs then guys like Durant, Lebron, Paul, and Oladipo join in (ignoring Kawhi's small sample size here). Now you might just blow this off as a nerdy stat geek exercise, and to some extent that's true. However, a big secret to roto success is finding efficiency anywhere you can. If you can get it from legit top 25 players, you do yourselves favors by giving this a little weight. I drafted Butler, Dipo, and Vucevic in the first four rounds (Irving in the 2nd), and while I didn't expect such a fortunate payoff, I was thinking they are steady contributors. Vucevic is actually the guy closest to zero negative value... amazing. I've been pursuing Towns via trade for a month now... this is why.

Likewise, finding guys who are efficient later in the draft, the classic 1 trey, 10 pt, 5 reb, 3 ast, 1.5 stocks low TO guy... those guys push you over the top. You all know guys like Matt Barnes, and longer-time ballers remember the glory days of Shane Battier. Maybe Courtney Lee this year, and to some extent guys like Thad Young. These are all classic roto grinders, they are undervalued for their unsexy look on paper, but man do they contribute. I know these aren't wholly original observations, but it's a good reminder to keep a lookout for certain trends that can help in roto.

Did y'all see this? It was posted on Rotoworld today, here's the link: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/77403/223/stew-midseason-top-25

5. Jimmy Butler – A tad aggressive? Maybe, but here are the facts: For the season, he’s up to No. 9 overall. The last two months, he’s at No. 7. The last month: No. 6. And over his last 25 games, he has posted 25.0 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 5.4 apg, 2.2 spg, 0.6 bpg and 1.2 3s, shooting 50.1 from the field and 90.0 from the line with just 1.8 turnovers per game. He also hasn’t missed a game since October. If you’re searching for the ideal blend of safe and exciting – here you go.

Those 2 sentences are why I traded Curry for Butler. Yes, Curry is a better fantasy player in a vacuum, but when taking everything into account, I would rather have Jimmy on my team. Here's why: As this article alludes to, Curry will be rested down the stretch, and his ankle issues are real. With Jimmy, the injury issues aren't there, and neither are the rest issues. I can sleep well at night knowing Jimmy will put up solid stat lines for me each game, without having to worry about a random DNP, or a potential injury. He's a safe option that will given you solid lines every game he plays. He helps in every single category as well. Granted, Jimmy makes less 3's than Curry does, and gets a little bit less PTs, REBs, and ASTs, but the differences aren't significant. Curry does not get any blocks, gets less steals, and turns the ball over at a much higher rate, whereas Jimmy turns the ball over only 2 times a game, gets 2-3 steals a game, and even averages 1 block a game (past 7 days). Those stats are what make Butler the better all around fantasy player than Curry. Stocks are rare to find in fantasy, and Jimmy gives your team both. He is the ideal blend of a safe and exciting fantasy player, as this article stated. 

Edited by trusthaprocess

He also hasn’t missed a game since October. 

Great...Rotoworld kiss of death...

12 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Did y'all see this? It was posted on Rotoworld today, here's the link: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nba/77403/223/stew-midseason-top-25

5. Jimmy Butler – A tad aggressive? Maybe, but here are the facts: For the season, he’s up to No. 9 overall. The last two months, he’s at No. 7. The last month: No. 6. And over his last 25 games, he has posted 25.0 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 5.4 apg, 2.2 spg, 0.6 bpg and 1.2 3s, shooting 50.1 from the field and 90.0 from the line with just 1.8 turnovers per game. He also hasn’t missed a game since October. If you’re searching for the ideal blend of safe and exciting – here you go.

Those 2 sentences are why I traded Curry for Butler. Yes, Curry is a better fantasy player in a vacuum, but when taking everything into account, I would rather have Jimmy on my team. Here's why: As this article alludes to, Curry will be rested down the stretch, and his ankle issues are real. With Jimmy, the injury issues aren't there, and neither are the rest issues. I can sleep well at night knowing Jimmy will put up solid stat lines for me each game, without having to worry about a random DNP, or a potential injury. He's a safe option that will given you solid lines every game he plays. He helps in every single category as well. Granted, Jimmy makes less 3's than Curry does, and gets a little bit less PTs, REBs, and ASTs, but the differences aren't significant. Curry does not get any blocks, gets less steals, and turns the ball over at a much higher rate, whereas Jimmy turns the ball over only 2 times a game, gets 2-3 steals a game, and even averages 1 block a game (past 7 days). Those stats are what make Butler the better all around fantasy player than Curry. Stocks are rare to find in fantasy, and Jimmy gives your team both. He is the ideal blend of a safe and exciting fantasy player, as this article stated. 

What makes curry a better fantasy player than jimmy is the fact that curry can single handedly carry your team in 4 of the 5 cats (threes, FG, FT, Points) and is above avg in steals and assist. 

46 minutes ago, JChan17 said:

What makes curry a better fantasy player than jimmy is the fact that curry can single handedly carry your team in 4 of the 5 cats (threes, FG, FT, Points) and is above avg in steals and assist. 

3's are the only significant advantage tbh. Add to that, one is a top-3 pick and the other is maybe 15-20 depending on league settings is a pretty nice value. Is Curry more exciting than Buckets? Definitely. But there's not as much gap as people may assume. 

butler.PNG

Edited by jstep13
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

3's are the only significant advantage tbh. Add to that, one is a top-3 pick and the other is maybe 15-20 depending on league settings is a pretty nice value. Is Curry the more exciting than Buckets? Definitely. But there's not as much gap as people may assume. 

butler.PNG

Notice curry is doing it in 27minutes.  So when he starts playing more min those stats will go even higher.

3 minutes ago, JballFan said:

Notice curry is doing it in 27minutes.  So when he starts playing more min those stats will go even higher.

IF. Not guarantee. Many more blowouts for GSW than Minn...

• Like 1