BirdofPrey

Dario Saric 2017-2018 Season Outlook

He was picked up from the FA wire in both my leagues.  If there is a waiver wire pickup of the year, Saric is right up there at the top of the list. 

How much do you guys think Fultz affects his value ROS? Thinking of trading for him, but Fultz’s return makes me a bit nervous that he will cut into Homie’s value.

13 hours ago, jmoney23 said:

How much do you guys think Fultz affects his value ROS? Thinking of trading for him, but Fultz’s return makes me a bit nervous that he will cut into Homie’s value.

I'm not sure how Fultz will affect Saric too much, Rotoworld blurbs keep repeating this narrative over and over again, but I don't see it.  Fultz will eventually affect playing time for guys like McConnell, Bayless,  Booker, Amir Johnson, Holmes.  I imagine Fultz will be worked in slowly and will have minutes restrictions / random DNPs.  Embiid will continue to have his maintenance days.  Redick is not getting any younger so he might have the occasional rest day or minutes scaled back.  Even when full strength, I see them playing a lot of positionless basketball with their top 6 guys (Embiid, Saric, Covington, Redick, Fultz, Simmons) getting all the run they can handle.  Under any scenario Saric should still be getting minutes in the low 30s, either as a starter or 6th man.

Edited by El_Chingon

So why Dario sucked so bad to start the season? Didn't his emergence start with Fultz getting the hook? I'm concerned at least as a new Homie-owner.

40 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

So why Dario sucked so bad to start the season? Didn't his emergence start with Fultz getting the hook? I'm concerned at least as a new Homie-owner.

Coach thought he couldnt fit him in the starting lineup and his game really suffered cause of that...it was just a matter of time for Sisi to start again, he fits perfectly with Ben & JoJo...when JoJo sits, hes usually the best player on the court, think hes actually better than Ben right now, once Ben gets a jumpshot that could change...

Probably going to be a lot of different looks when Fultz is back. Simmons may play PG/SF/PF, Fultz will play PG& SG. Covington will most likely stay at the 3. Embid obviously center. I think saric will fit in there somewhere. GM could also make some moves, just hard to tell right now. For now Saric will be fine.

1 hour ago, OKCFan2005 said:

Probably going to be a lot of different looks when Fultz is back. Simmons may play PG/SF/PF, Fultz will play PG& SG. Covington will most likely stay at the 3. Embid obviously center. I think saric will fit in there somewhere. GM could also make some moves, just hard to tell right now. For now Saric will be fine.

If Brett Brown has anything in that head then Sisi secured his starting spot for a long long time

2 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Dario played summer ball in Europe during the off season, and it looked like that took a bit out of him at the start of the season.  He was a bit run down, but he's got his legs back now. 

Also neither Fultz not Dario were starters at the beginning. I think it took a bit of time for Dario to find his game with Embiid and Simmons, and for Brett Brown to figure out how to use him in that roster.  

I don't think he gets hurt a lot by Fultz.  Most of his points are on cuts to the basket, open 3's and off the boards and that shouldn't change a lot.  He does get some plays called for him, especially when Embiid sits, but he's just as likely to pass as he is to shoot.  IMO Bayless, and a bit of Redick and TJ will make up most of Fultz's minutes.  After that it depends on how people do.  Fultz will have to earn more minutes.

• Like 1

The homie is ballin'!

But he's also taking shots away from my Covington. :wacko:

I may have to move one of them.

Edited by gill2k

25 minutes ago, gill2k said:

The homie is ballin'!

But he's also taking shots away from my Covington. :wacko:

I may have to move one of them.

How dare you even contemplate trading away King Saric.

2 hours ago, fantasick said:

What's with the GTD?

If you look at his blurb it's explained in detail.

5 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

If you look at his blurb it's explained in detail.

It wasn't there when i posted and that was 2 am here so i thought someone already knew so i could have slept in peace...

And apparently still nothing in yahoo (i only check that) but the important thing is he played...

Edited by fantasick
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, fantasick said:

It wasn't there when i posted and that was 2 am here so i thought someone already knew so i could have slept in peace...

And apparently still nothing in yahoo (i only check that) but the important thing is he played...

Yeah I apologize I was being a jerk.  The dog had the runs and crapped all over the carpet.  Yep glad he played ?. 

• Haha 1