BMart519

Marquese Chriss 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Just now, Judicious said:

He is legit going to be playing C tho...

well when he is eligible he will get it then 

Harden was made a PG last season based only on D'Antoni saying he would be the PG, I'm not sure why Chriss needs to wait to be "eligible" when his coach has made it clear he will be playing center minutes?

1 hour ago, Judicious said:

and it's not the hall of fame, there is no criteria for "eligibility" other than the programmers deciding it

Pretty sure there is a criteria. They need to have played about 5 games or something in that position before they add the extra position or something similar to that.

Edited by Pirate

J. Richardson was originally SF on yahoo.  He then got both PG and SG.  Sg made sense, but assuming he got PG as he started at that position the last preseason game.  Chriss however gets minutes at C, but never started at C so far.  Hope he gets it too, but not banking on it. 

30 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Pretty sure there is a criteria. They need to have played about 5 games or something in that position before they add the extra position or something similar to that.

Or be named as the starter for that position. So yeah people need to chill

I'll just hope he takes the next step like some people are saying he could and then take the extra position eligibility if it ever comes.  The former is the most important.  He's rated inside the Top 100 right now on Yahoo.

Yea he's definitely starting, he will be inconsistent all year but more good than bad IMO, definitely worth the gamble if he falls to 9th or below picks.

He's really enticing to me and one of my fav potential breakout candidates. Plus I'm in keeper I think I'm teaching at 7th round for him but some of his stat lines are really good he can drop 3-5 blocks some games 

We all picked him up for his outburst later on during the year when the Suns go full youth movement again. You can bet they’re more than likely to trade Bledsoe to a contender by February. 

Don’t expect 30 minutes out of the gate. And I expect tons of inconsistency early on this year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tyboogie said:

Yea he's definitely starting, he will be inconsistent all year but more good than bad IMO, definitely worth the gamble if he falls to 9th or below picks.

I landed him in the 9th Round (Pick 107), so I guess I can't be criticized for that one like some people said about my Julius Randle pick. :)

The main issue will probably be the fouls like somebody else said.  Still, he's going to shatter his output from last season and be a pretty good source of blocks.  Obviously how much he will shatter the numbers will be whether he can stay out of foul trouble more often than not.

1 hour ago, jiiiggz said:

We all picked him up for his outburst later on during the year when the Suns go full youth movement again. You can bet they’re more than likely to trade Bledsoe to a contender by February. 

Don’t expect 30 minutes out of the gate. And I expect tons of inconsistency early on this year. 

Again, a lot will depend on whether he can stay out of foul trouble.  I can see him getting close to those minutes if he can.

Still, early on it wouldn't be surprising to see him at least have a game here and there where fouls are an issue.  I still consider him a fairly safe gamble in the 8th or 9th Round since I do think he breaks out, at least to some extent, and won't be just a one dimensional Blocks guy like some of the big men you have to pick up to try to get Blocks.

I definitely reached for him at the 6/7 turn in my 12 team draft. Feeling kinda worried about it.

Hopefully he can be a top 100 player and I'll be fine with it.

I took a chance in the 7th in a keeper league. I think he has breakout potential. If not this year maybe next. All I remember is
seeing him with some nice stat lines last year, but like any young player developing consistency is the hardest part.

Hopefully he's not the bad side of Tyrus Thomas. He's got so much potential to be an X-factor to contribute in multiple areas and excess amount of stocks. He's gonna come with some headaches as playing time and fouls might limit him so I expect this thread to grow quite rapidly for better or worse.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NBatum88 said:

I definitely reached for him at the 6/7 turn in my 12 team draft. Feeling kinda worried about it.

6/7 round for me is a bit tooo much. He could have a good year but will take a month or two before he becomes more consistent maybe. 

• Like 1

He's  guy where you'll need to be patient if you want it to work out for you. I have visions of panic running through this thread in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spyplane said:

He's  guy where you'll need to be patient if you want it to work out for you. I have visions of panic running through this thread in the not too distant future.

His play improved drastically from the 1st half to the 2nd half of the season. Production and percentages went up:

13pts, 1blk, 1.4 stls, 1asst, 6 rebs, .50pct fg, 1.2 3's. (Note he blocked 32 shots in his last 20 games of the season). 

The positives are that he is a freakish athlete that's getting better. He is on a team that is looking to play up tempo basketball which suits his abilities and isn't that concerned about winning now (so his mistakes won't lead to extended benchings like it would on a team like San Antonio and other contenders). 

The only negative with Chriss is that the team is stacked with good young players that could steal his PT if he starts off slow and they start off fast (Warren/Bender/Jackson).  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, NBatum88 said:

He went 68th in a high stakes 8 cat league yesterday. I wouldn't trip too much. He is going to get you stats, but you need to build around his FT% weakness appropriately. 

If the floor you are hoping for is 100, what was your ceiling? I think the 6th round is the most difficult round to draft this year. Very difficult to find players in that 60-75 range that you don't feel like you want to puke after drafting them. That is the range you needed to draft Chriss to own him this year. He will definitely flash dominance so I hope you start him on good days and bench him on dud days. 

• Like 1