BMart519

Marquese Chriss 2017-2018 Season Outlook

On 17/10/2017 at 10:29 AM, Spyplane said:

He's  guy where you'll need to be patient if you want it to work out for you. I have visions of panic running through this thread in the not too distant future.

*Cough*

I only picked him up in one league, but I could see it being drop city in a week or two.  I'm getting a very Tyrus Thomas/Stromile Swift vibe from him, and god knows I fell for Thomas enough.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, theantishere said:

I'm biased cause I own him in every league, but don't panic too hard just yet. We all targeted him for a reason. He's a beast when he gets PT. He'll get his. 

Yeah, I'm not cutting him yet.  Disappointed obviously, but he'll just ride my bench until/if he gets going.  Luckily I had too many players to play and he was already on my bench last night.

On 10/17/2017 at 7:59 AM, Spyplane said:

He's  guy where you'll need to be patient if you want it to work out for you. I have visions of panic running through this thread in the not too distant future.

It was foretold... 

4 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

I only picked him up in one league, but I could see it being drop city in a week or two.  I'm getting a very Tyrus Thomas/Stromile Swift vibe from him, and god knows I fell for Thomas enough.

Oh god you're so right!!!! That's why he felt so familiar!! It would be a damn shame if this was true. 

18 minutes ago, Anklez2222 said:

Just traded him away for Aaron Gordon....bye bye guys dW7Xg.gif

lol what kind of a low league level are you playing in? That trade would get vetoed within seconds in a competitive league 

Edited by atlantadynasty
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

lol what kind of a low league level are you playing in? That trade would get vetoed within seconds in a competitive league 

Lol nah this league has been going on for a longgg time and this owner has been around a while I believe...he must be a Chriss fan...I’m a big Magic fan and already have Vuc so Gordon was always on my radar...can’t believe he accepted it though lol 

11 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

But to be a lil fair it’s a 12 team league with 4 keepers per team and he drafted Gordon in the third round and I picked Chriss 6 picks after Gordon so in that aspect it’s kinda fair lol 

14 minutes ago, Anklez2222 said:

But to be a lil fair it’s a 12 team league with 4 keepers per team and he drafted Gordon in the third round and I picked Chriss 6 picks after Gordon so in that aspect it’s kinda fair lol 

giphy.gif

Edited by Minnesota_Jack
  • Haha 3

Don’t get me wrong, I thought about rage dropping him. But it’s 1 game and the suns lost by 50. 50! He’s a strong hold

Edited by Shredded

i mean really.. if anything maybe this tells the coaching staff they cant go small with guys like bender over chriss. hes 20 years old, hes at home, and his team is getting pummeled. i doubt he even wanted to go back in, let alone play well at that point

2 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

would you use your No 1 waiver on him? 

Probably.  If you wait to see how he looks against the Lakers and Clippers, it may be too late.  It's kind of disconcerting that he lost his starting job to Jackson a couple of days before the season started.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

would you use your No 1 waiver on him? 

No. Absolutely not. He's not a good player. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Nobody mentioned that he fouled out?

He didn't.  He had 5.

3 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Nobody mentioned that he fouled out?

5 fouls, but a big reason why he isn't a good player. Kid doesn't get it. 

Edited by Trench Mob

Per 36min he's avging 15 fouls. Unless your league counts fouls as a category, this guy is garbage. I don't know why y'all like him (stocks I get it)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, python3 said:

Probably.  If you wait to see how he looks against the Lakers and Clippers, it may be too late.  It's kind of disconcerting that he lost his starting job to Jackson a couple of days before the season started.

Stop ruining people's fantasy year by suggesting them to pick up garbage with their #1 claim.

• Like 1