BMart519

Marquese Chriss 2017-2018 Season Outlook

24 minutes ago, letsmakewafers said:

What's the general consensus? Worth a hold (considering injury and bender's recent play)?

I'm holding him. He still has a half a season to go. Before the injury, he was coming around. You may regret dropping him, unless you chasing the playoffs.  I can afford to hold him, I'm in 12 team leagues, either 1st or 2nd in all, picked him up two weeks ago and not letting go. I actually drafted him wherever I could, dropped him and as soon as I saw him coming around I immediately jumped on him. Not much on the wire these days, guys like Jarrett Jack and depending on the depth, he maybe gone as well. Gotta' be careful who drop from here on,  unless it's season ending.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

I'm holding him. He still has a half a season to go. Before the injury, he was coming around. You may regret dropping him, unless you chasing the playoffs.  I can afford to hold him, I'm in 12 team leagues, either 1st or 2nd in all, picked him up two weeks ago and not letting go. I actually drafted him wherever I could, dropped him and as soon as I saw him coming around I immediately jumped on him. Not much on the wire these days, guys like Jarrett Jack and depending on the depth, he maybe gone as well. Gotta' be careful who drop from here on,  unless it's season ending.

This.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

This.

That's a hell of a roster! You gotta' be smashing that league! Not big on Randle though, but if it's all that's on your wire, be my guest.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forever Smooth said:

That's a hell of a roster! You gotta' be smashing that league! Not big on Randle though, but if it's all that's on your wire, be my guest.

I've played the wire. and I've packaged some hot waiver wire pickups for superior talent. If you play the wire right, you'll be successful in your league.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

I've played the wire. and I've packaged some hot waiver wire pickups for superior talent. If you play the wire right, you'll be successful in your league.

Oh no question, but Randle is basically 2x2. Point and boards. I look for the 3x3's or more. For bigs, they have to give me at least 1blk. per. Give me something! lol. Chriss was working was working on 5x5's! Had 4 stls one game with a couple blocks and treys. Golden nuggets! Why everyone was so high on him coming into this season. Bet he won't come into camp out of shape no more! Food was about to be snatched from his plate. He and Bender was splitting min. until coach finally gave him 30+ and I hope that continues. He was on a roll.  Seems like he got his head right and hopefully he continues, but you can't find that on the wire right now. 

• Like 1

He's available in my league .. it comes down to if you have room for him on your team... he could be more consistent in the second half but is he better than the worst player currently on your team? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forever Smooth said:

Oh no question, but Randle is basically 2x2. Point and boards. I look for the 3x3's or more. For bigs, they have to give me at least 1blk. per. Give me something! lol. Chriss was working was working on 5x5's! Had 4 stls one game with a couple blocks and treys. Golden nuggets! Why everyone was so high on him coming into this season. Bet he won't come into camp out of shape no more! Food was about to be snatched from his plate. He and Bender was splitting min. until coach finally gave him 30+ and I hope that continues. He was on a roll.  Seems like he got his head right and hopefully he continues, but you can't find that on the wire right now. 

I'm 1st in my league in blocks and steals by a wide margin, so stocks aren't that big of a concern for me. Randle is positively impacting my FG%, and he's been draining his FT's lately. The REB's are nice as well. I get the concern about his lack of stocks, but for the way my team is built, that isn't a concern to me. 

Chriss's 3PT upside is what's preventing me from dropping him. He helps in almost ever single Cat, except FT%. His FG% has been increasing, and he's getting close to 2 assists a game. This hip injury and 2 game schedule has me concerned, not to mentioned Jarrett Jack's play today. But Chriss's upside is preventing me from cutting him. He was ballin before his hip injury. I don't want to make the mistake of cutting him again. 

2 hours ago, Bkswag said:

He's available in my league .. it comes down to if you have room for him on your team... he could be more consistent in the second half but is he better than the worst player currently on your team? 

On that roster, hell yeah. Bosh not even playing, hell, Chriss is better than a healthy Gallo on Gallo's good day. Mcconnell as well. Not sure who Bjelocoa is is, but I would say so as well. He is a keeper. 

You guys don't think Bender is going to steal some PT from Chriss from his recent performances?

3 minutes ago, Jin said:

You guys don't think Bender is going to steal some PT from Chriss from his recent performances?

I hope so since I just added Bender, but I doubt it.. Chriss was finally showing growth and maturity so he should be given priority 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thusanaysayer said:

I hope so since I just added Bender, but I doubt it.. Chriss was finally showing growth and maturity so he should be given priority 

Hopefully other owners share that sentiment. I'd take Chriss over Bender any day, but with his injury and 2 games this week, I dropped him. Once he's healthy again, I'll clear a spot for him. But there is still uncertainty with him and the Sun's  lineups. Hopefully Monroe or Chandler are dealt asap.

3 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

I'm 1st in my league in blocks and steals by a wide margin, so stocks aren't that big of a concern for me. Randle is positively impacting my FG%, and he's been draining his FT's lately. The REB's are nice as well. I get the concern about his lack of stocks, but for the way my team is built, that isn't a concern to me. 

Chriss's 3PT upside is what's preventing me from dropping him. He helps in almost ever single Cat, except FT%. His FG% has been increasing, and he's getting close to 2 assists a game. This hip injury and 2 game schedule has me concerned, not to mentioned Jarrett Jack's play today. But Chriss's upside is preventing me from cutting him. He was ballin before his hip injury. I don't want to make the mistake of cutting him again. 

I'm still holding him Bruh, as insurance. Did pick up Jack on one of my rosters. Just in time for this 22 pt. 8 dime outburst.  Good with dimes on other rosters. Got Conley waiting on IR, but I was not dropping Chriss. I just deal with the lack of missing two games this week, if that, he is day to day, so he's close.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jin said:

Well, as a Chriss owner, this latest game from Bender has made me a lot more optimistic. 

With him missing today, the ideal scenario is that he picks up IL eligibility (for leagues with an IL spot), so he can be stashed over his 2 game week. I think he's been out for a week now, but I'm not quite sure how Yahoo gives the "INJ" status out. 

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

Lol to those that said Bender is a Chriss handcuff lol. 

Wasn't it you that said Bender had more upside though. If I'm not mistaken. Glad he put out a dud. Just be glad when Chriss get back.

2 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Wasn't it you that said Bender had more upside though. If I'm not mistaken. Glad he put out a dud. Just be glad when Chriss get back.

lol I said Chriss had more upside and it wasn't close... Um yea lol. 

• Like 1

Just added him in two leagues. F—- this is going to be a bumpy a** ride.

• Like 1

How many days/games until he gets the "OUT" tag on ESPN? 

1 hour ago, mackdonald said:

This guy should be back next game right....?

He hasn’t even been practicing so my guess is that he’s doubtful for the next one.

On 1/14/2018 at 5:45 PM, Forever Smooth said:

On that roster, hell yeah. Bosh not even playing, hell, Chriss is better than a healthy Gallo on Gallo's good day. Mcconnell as well. Not sure who Bjelocoa is is, but I would say so as well. He is a keeper. 

What roster? Lol you looking as some old a** team in my sig.. I forgot how to get there and change it .. that was years ago 

thought a hip flexor was a minor issue, hasn't even practiced and seem close to coming back. hopefully he doesn't lose all the momentum he had when he was playing. and luckily he only has 2 games this week