BMart519

Marquese Chriss 2017-2018 Season Outlook

I wish there was more context with Chriss' comment about a second MRI.  Is he/the team thinking about getting one done purely for precautionary reasons and he is feeling good but wants peace of mind?  Or is he not getting better and there is reason to worry that it could be worse than initially thought?  If it's the latter then he's a drop in smaller leagues and maybe in standard leagues too.  He's not running at all right now and if he's not getting better he could be out for weeks.

3 minutes ago, flippy said:

i hope there's a clear cut answer reg his situation by the end of this week.

Exactly. That’s what makes it so frustrating with this guy. He’s not super good to where you know you have to stash and he’s not garbage to where you can easily cut bait. 

2 hours ago, chud12 said:

Holding regardless of the MRI as he’s going to clog up a roster spot as my IR spots are full.  I don’t even care as his ros outlook is fantastic.  Fantasy basketball is really all about patience and I’ll be waiting for the loads of stocks once he finally is able to return.  If your a top seed in your league he’s an easy hold without an IR spot, I get cutting Chriss if your fighting for a playoff spot. 

I concur. If you can afford to hold him, by all means do it. Won't hurt.

Him and the organization keep saying how frustrating it is and how he is considering getting another MRI since last week. Weren't the Suns one of the better organizations with regards to their medical team and trainers?  Just have the damn MRI and stop talking about it!

I think it was about 3, maybe 4 years ago when Tobias Harris had a hip flexor in the preseason...he was supposed to be out for a game or two and I think he missed the first month+ of the season. Point being that hip flexors can take forever to heal. I’m sure there are varying degrees of injury of course so hopefully Chriss’ isn’t as bad.

I should also say that Harris tried to come back early and ended up aggravating the injury and had to go back on the shelf for a few weeks, so patience is best here.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

I can't afford it battling for a playoff spot but I'm in keeper fml. Think I gotta part ways...

in a 10 man league no IR and battling for a playoff spot i would drop after an update tomorrow before the game if nothing changes.

i think that scott bordow guy is gonna give us an update tomorrow regarding the MRI. must be pretty serious if they been this hush about it or at least super cautious not wanting to aggravate it. This january has been rough...hopefully my team gets healthy near trade deadline or all star break. 

Based on what I've read on hip pointers and their timelines with regard to young athletes 3 weeks is usually the high end of the timeline of 1-3 weeks. He got inured on the 7th so we're officially 2 weeks in. Might be 1 more week unless there's a fracture, in which case I'd drop.

1 hour ago, mackdonald said:

Basketball monste projects he’s back 1/24/2018. 

Man  I hope they’re right. 

https://basketballmonster.com/PlayerInfo.aspx?i=5367 

It really does not sound like Chriss is close based on the comments he made recently,

"I don’t really know what’s going on with it," Chriss said. "Some days it feels good, some days it doesn’t. I’ve been able to get on the floor to shoot. Running is the hardest thing to do right now. It’s frustrating that I’m not able to play." 

It's a shame because I am getting to the point where I am considering the drop as this sounds like he is still weeks away not days. 

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

It really does not sound like Chriss is close based on the comments he made recently,

"I don’t really know what’s going on with it," Chriss said. "Some days it feels good, some days it doesn’t. I’ve been able to get on the floor to shoot. Running is the hardest thing to do right now. It’s frustrating that I’m not able to play." 

It's a shame because I am getting to the point where I am considering the drop as this sounds like he is still weeks away not days. 

yeah me 2...my lavine and THJ just got back and then myles turner and Chriss go down. I can't catch a break. 

5 hours ago, mackdonald said:

Basketball monste projects he’s back 1/24/2018. 

Man  I hope they’re right. 

https://basketballmonster.com/PlayerInfo.aspx?i=5367 

i dont know where they pull a return date form..out of their A$$? i highly doubt he plays then it looks like a longer term injury..im battling tooth and nail for a playoff spot and even tho im in dynasty...i had to drop.

4 hours ago, mackdonald said:

yeah me 2...my lavine and THJ just got back and then myles turner and Chriss go down. I can't catch a break. 

That's the way it goes in fantasy. That's why playing the wire right is essential to success. If it wasn't for Donovan Mitchell, for example, my team probably wouldn't be in 1st place like it is now. 

Edited by trusthaprocess

7 minutes ago, chud12 said:

News from Suns' practice: Marquese Chriss had second MRI, showed hip is improving but still no timetable to return.

thats good news.. i just hope he comes back strong !

net positive. improving but still left in the dark. depends on your situation. drop if you need to just be wary in case he comes back leaves off where he left off. all i know is that they are going to be really cautious with him and try not to re-aggravate it so he's going to take all the time in the world off. 

25 minutes ago, brosephd said:

net positive. improving but still left in the dark. depends on your situation. drop if you need to just be wary in case he comes back leaves off where he left off. all i know is that they are going to be really cautious with him and try not to re-aggravate it so he's going to take all the time in the world off. 

thats what im thinking..if your 1st-3rd seed maybe you have some leeway to stash ahead of playoffs. im battling for final spot so had to drop :(

Some rather good news coming out the Suns camp. MRI revealed his hip is improving. Good to know. Still without a time table though. That's to be expected. 

Aight I’m going to make him into a streamer spot. Can’t sccord to continue like this while I fight for a playoff spot. 

Prob. Doesn’t mean much but.  

Marquese Chriss PF PHO is listed as QUESTIONABLE Wednesday at IND - right hip strain - missed 5g