BMart519

Marquese Chriss 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Just now, BetterCallHinkie said:

what if he does get 20+ but drops goose eggs across the board and fouls out? 

Then i probably still move on. Im in 10 team leagues though, I wouldnt drop in 12 teamers. I just hate watching this guy play - he is an awful awful basketball player. I couldnt believe how disinterested he looked the other night

6 minutes ago, Soccer8098 said:

If he doesnt get more than 20 minutes tonight against the Lakers im probably moving on 

Agreed. Seriously looking at dropping him for Prince.

i bought into the hype- mainly because i had him end of last year. I took him 7th round and obviously we're all ashamed. But we also knew these games would happen - it just sucks it happens to be game one. 

I've got some bites with other Chriss-truthers, but you have to give him at least one more shot. 12 mins, 5 fouls stinks. Expect more of them. Hold tight.

• Like 1

I'll start you at the 4 or 5. I'll start you at the 4 or 5. Haha just kidding kid. Benching you on opening night. That's like telling a kid your taking then to Disneyland then dropping them off to school instead. 

• Haha 3

if he busts tonight I will be dropping. It’s not like it’s week 15 and I have a comfortable lead 

• Like 1

Dropping ANY player after 2 games barring injury, let alone a guy you probably drafted in the first 8 rounds, is a bad move.

2/82 games = 2.4% of the season. You are saying that a 2.4% sample size is enough to determine his value for the entire season? Huge mistake. Especially as a young guy on a bad team you would expect more minutes as the season progresses.

The only exception is if you play in like an 8 person league where there are fairly solid options on the waiver. 

Give him at least a few weeks guys!! 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Dropping ANY player after 2 games barring injury, let alone a guy you probably drafted in the first 8 rounds, is a bad move.

2/82 games = 2.4% of the season. You are saying that a 2.4% sample size is enough to determine his value for the entire season? Huge mistake. Especially as a young guy on a bad team you would expect more minutes as the season progresses.

The only exception is if you play in like an 8 person league where there are fairly solid options on the waiver. 

Give him at least a few weeks guys!! 

Specially when 1 of those games (hopefully just one) was a complete annihilation.

I think we need to throw out the tape and the box score from that game.

• Like 1

I'm still leaving him on my bench like I did for his first game even though I obviously have spots open for him, but if he hardly plays again tonight, then I may just move on.  I didn't (understandably) reach for him like some did (I got him near the end of Round 9), so it won't be that big of a blow, but the coach at least needs to give him a chance.

It may not be the right way to go about things, but I really don't blame Chriss if he truly just mailed in his performance on Wednesday.  He was always considered the starter up until their first game and really did nothing to lose his job, so I wouldn't be very happy either.

Whether he starts or doesn't is beyond the point. His foul issues were always an issue. However, he started all pre season and everyone, except Watson himself, was under the impression he was going to continue to start at the 4.

Some coaches, even good ones, seemingly don't realize how they mess with he confidence of young players. This could be one of those situations. But it's also way too early to make any conclusions one way or the other.

What can be concluded, is that Earl Watson isn't the guy. The Suns have been miserable since he's taken over. I'm still wondering what management is waiting on. 

Yeah, both Chandler and Len in foul trouble and again, Dragan playing C. SMH.

5 minutes ago, gill2k said:

F*** you, Earl Watson! :angry:

Pretty much.  This is one that baffles me.

Actually, this was the game between the two coaches that I hate the most right now.  The way Walton is handling his rotation and Julius Randle is a joke.  Obviously Earl Watson not playing his starting PF and continuing to go with a lineup that isn't working is equally as frustrating and idiotic.

Why didn't he go up for a dunk to send the game into OT, I don't know him that well so if he can't dunk my apologies but he looks chubby and maybe he didn't want to spend more time at the arena then neccesary and was ok with Nance swatting his feeble left hand lay up attempt or maybe he can't dunk and again my apologies. Warren got the lose ball and got 2 FT's to try to tie but he missed the first then the intentional miss and tip didn't work.

I think if there would've been one game/team for him to fight against that would highlight his upside, it would've been the Lakers. 

I hate to say it but it's gonna be a rough ride for owners this year. He's very exciting to watch and I'd like to give him more credit for being more than a Tyrus Thomas or Ant-Rand but that's exactly the same vibe I'm getting with him.

i love the guy but im also cutting bait. the upside is there but watsons rotations coupled with how trash their team really is makes it hard to depend on him. the only staples in that rotation seem to be booker warren and bledsoe to a lesser extent

He had time to pump fake and then hit it or go up strong for a dunk but seems like he thought he didn't have enough time. I guess it's a positive sign that the wanker coach trusted him at the end of the game, however that's what happens when you bring him in without playing basically all of the 4th quarter and then in the last 2 seconds. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kawaiileonard said:

Josh Jackson is still not ready as a starter,  sooner or later he'll be moved to bench

Chriss is even less ready, like I mentioned before, he doesn't have a clue how to play ball yet.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PuzzBeterson said:

Chriss is even less ready, like I mentioned before, he doesn't have a clue how to play ball yet.

Still, he did fine eventually last season when given the chance, and he obviously really didn't do anything in the preseason to earn a demotion.  Yeah, he's a work in progress, but it makes little sense for the Suns not to give him the shot since they aren't playing for anything.  Oh well I guess.

With that said, I cut him this morning.  If he actually gets some playing time, then I'll consider picking him back up.

Edited by KilloWertz