BMart519

Marquese Chriss 2017-2018 Season Outlook

6 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I dunno, I have a bad feeling about Chriss' ability to pick up fouls. I think Bender is the dark horse looming to take up more minutes. Or at least it will be a time share at the PF spot.

2 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Yup. All of this sudden change won't change the fact that he's still an immature teenager whose a foul machine lol.

Both are correct, but that isn't really all that relevant today. Everyone that drafted him knew about his maturity/foul issues and factored that in to what we projected from him. What no one saw was Chriss being benched and relegated to 13mpg after going 12.7ppg/.9stl/1.4blks/.50pct fg in the second half of the season playing 27mpg. Many assumed those stats were a leaping off point heading into this season. 

All Chriss owners care about today is that he may start and if not, it looks like he will at least be getting more minutes tonight than in any other game thus far this season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

Both are correct, but that isn't really all that relevant today. Everyone that drafted him knew about his maturity/foul issues and factored that in to what we projected from him. What no one saw was Chriss being benched and relegated to 13mpg after going 12.7ppg/.9stl/1.4blks/.50pct fg in the second half of the season playing 27mpg. Many assumed those stats were a leaping off point heading into this season. 

All Chriss owners care about today is that he may start and if not, it looks like he will at least be getting more minutes tonight than in any other game thus far this season. 

Yeah but didn't he get benched because of his fouls? That's just what I heard and saw bits of. I mean his second game he block 3 shots and had only 2 fouls but the overall picture makes me feel like he is just overcommitting to get blocks every game, which sometimes may just result in fouls but sometimes results in huge block stat lines.

Seem like a lot of it is mental with Marquese.

When they didn't start him, he pulled a Nurkic and was useless, read: Fouled a lot, even more than usual.

Hopefully they start him and he pulls a Nurkic in the other direction as in once he was moved to Portland

• Like 1

New Suns coach Jay Triano said he would start either Marquese Chriss or Dragan Bender at power forward Monday night vs. the Kings.

it's happening ron paul its happening doom paul GIF

It's happening boys. He'll average 15 points, 12 rebs, 4 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks ROS. I just traded Westbrook for him and you guys should too.

10 minutes ago, Toronto416 said:

what do you guys think is his best case scenario with mins? 

If he starts, I don't see why he couldn't get 25-30.  Tonight's game will be a good indication.

Imo the only way guys like him get better at learning not to pick up fouls is to let them play through it. It's valuable experience especially when the team is not contending for plyoffs. 

The non robotic coaches like Kerr n Stevens often leave their stars in the game with 2 fouls in 1st quarter or 3 in 2nd quarter etc etc. Obv Chriss is the opposite to them playing wrt fouls but just an example of coaches that would probably let him play through it and learn.

24 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Because he will be starting he will definitely learn how to stop fouling. Better run, don't walk to acquire this magnificent pile of poo.

In the last 2 months of last season, he played approximately 26 mpg, and finished #98th in standard leagues. 

Let's slow down on the choo choo train of misinformation for a second and look up some objective facts. He does foul a lot, but at his age, he has also proven to be a solid fantasy contributor with considerable upside. 

Edited by tremixt

Is anyone else worried that the Bledsoe trade could destroy his value if they get another big

Don't like this talk of traditional and Chriss. He don't play traditional. Oh well. We'll see. 

Edited by Pirate

14 minutes ago, goldbaby11 said:

Is anyone else worried that the Bledsoe trade could destroy his value if they get another big

He doesn't have much value now in the first place. He'll just be easier to let go.

1 minute ago, NBatum88 said:

Prediction for tonight.

18 points, 11 rebs, 2 assists, 2 steals, 5 blocks

my prediction:

14 pts, 9 rbs, 1 ast, 1 stl, 2 blks

Not watching the game but does he look  and play different? I guess its safe to say im using my waiver wire 1 priority today. Perks of being last pick in the draft!