PhilaFanBoy

Rod Smith 2017 Season Outlook

4 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Jared Goff?

Probably Jimmy Garoppolo, but JG?  We not household name yet bruh. 

23 minutes ago, CurvePirate814 said:

If Rod Smith takes over the starting role and dominates, it'll be the craziest thing of all time. Some hyperbole there, but you get what I'm saying. This guy's best comparable player as per player profiler is Alfred Blue. Literally, Rod Smith is one of the LEAST athletic RBs in football, as well as one of the slowest. It's a hard pass from me. 

Rod Smith literally has no substantial receiving work in his entire career, and you are correct that athletic profile is that of mediocre linebacker which is what he used to be.  This hype train seem unwarranted. 

Jerry Jones is too busy conspiring against the NFL's "inmates" with Bob McNair to have have an expert opinion on the running backs on his team, and he said positive things about all three running backs anyway.

Edited by ap0calypse

5 hours ago, Irish bayou said:

He's the one for me .... cowboys and rookie RBs is a theme 

except he's not a rookie

Don’t mind giving him a look but fully expect to drop after this week. Worth a shot but this feels like a 3 headed monster. Hope I’m wrong and he gets 16 carries and a TD

I think he's a great stash for anyone that has room and especially anyone that owns morris or maybe dmc but your team would have to be pretty bad and no one available on waivers if you are actually willing to start him this week.

13 hours ago, Anteater99 said:

who is JG

13 hours ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Jared Goff?

13 hours ago, ap0calypse said:

Probably Jimmy Garoppolo, but JG?  We not household name yet bruh. 

You filthy peasants. You don't deserve Josh God aka Flash Gordon aka JG to shine his light upon you.

12 hours ago, thecaptain said:

pretty sure JG means josh gordon.

This guy gets it.

I need to drop someone... #1 claim and im not sure if its smith or ivory..... And you guys are making it worse for me with all this lol

im getting a bad feeling about this

we are on the precipice, ladies and gents ... as Zeke jets off to Kathmandu (or Luxembourg), the new era begins ...

Image result for train gif

5 minutes ago, herschel said:

Ian Rapoport claiming he will "split majority of carries with Morris".

Nooooooooo

He never said that. He said that we should keep an eye on him and he is a wild card 

2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

He never said that. He said that we should keep an eye on him and he is a wild card 

Wild card?? In the video hes saying the cowboys think he can be a three down back lol 

Yes we already know that he can hypothetically be a 3 down back.  Where is the supposed report saying he is splitting time with Morris?

1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

Yes we already know that he can hypothetically be a 3 down back.  Where is the supposed report saying he is splitting time with Morris?

Right. Nothing says hes splitting it. Are we assuming a split? 

15 hours ago, CurvePirate814 said:

If Rod Smith takes over the starting role and dominates, it'll be the craziest thing of all time. Some hyperbole there, but you get what I'm saying. This guy's best comparable player as per player profiler is Alfred Blue. Literally, Rod Smith is one of the LEAST athletic RBs in football, as well as one of the slowest. It's a hard pass from me. 

Isn’t Alfred Morris pretty much the epitome of slow and non-athletic? Smith looks a lot like Morris from the clips I’ve watched. But Smith is 3 years younger, doesn’t have wear and tear, and can catch.

Edited by Travdaddy10

2 minutes ago, Travdaddy10 said:

Isn’t Alfred Morris pretty much the epitome of slow and non-athletic? Smith looks a lot like Morris from the clips I’ve watched. But Smith is 3 years younger, doesn’t have wear and tear, and can catch.

Where is this notion coming from that he can catch?  Doesn't he have less than 10 total catches in his entire career including college?

1 minute ago, ap0calypse said:

Where is this notion coming from that he can catch?  Doesn't he have less than 10 total catches in his entire career including college?

Well let’s be honest he hasn’t ever had the opportunity. Alf has and he has brick hands.

So who has the cojones to start this man today and risk it all, arent the falcons terrible against pass catching backs??

Edited by CABLE87

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

So who has the cajones to start this man today and risk it all, arent the falcons terrible against pass catching backs??

Not sure what drawers have to do with guts. ;)

Edited by Jwook

2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Problem is McFadden can catch as well and has a track record 

McFadden is most likely the emergency situation. Cowboys didn't have playoff hopes when he was relevant last