Sign in to follow this  
nbachamp

Dwight Powell 2017-2018 Season Outlook

22 minutes ago, nbachamp said:

What can you say? Can he someone who can produce? 

I can say yes. But it will probably be in the last month of the season. 

Just keep an eye on if he can hit 3s, apparently that's a big focus for him from the coaches.

If he can do that, then he'll get playing time. His defense is pretty crappy. I'm ignoring him.

Last 5 games:

11/7 w/ 1 block

8/8 w/ 1 block

14/8 w/ 1 block

10/5

10/4 w/ 1 block

Anything to see or....?

Edited by alexstr
  • Like 1

Carlisle likes him, so he's got that going for himself. 

But he's responded well to the increased minutes, putting up stats but also being a positive to the team in real life. 

Until he can prove that he's more than just another KOQ or Brandan Wright (limited PT producer bigs), he's just like that piece of candy you know you'll enjoy but won't do you much good. Always liked his game and want to see him bank 25 mpg on a regular basis.

On 12/5/2017 at 8:47 AM, Eleqtrique said:

Carlisle likes him, so he's got that going for himself. 

But he's responded well to the increased minutes, putting up stats but also being a positive to the team in real life. 

If only NetRtg was a category... haha

22 hours ago, UniCornucopia said:

I wanna snatch him up but that FT% is frightening. Shame because my bigs are either injured (Jokic and WCS) or playing only 2 games (Capela, Nance). :angry:

Took the plunge to stream him since my FT% has already plunged to unsaveable depths already this week! :lol::(

1 hour ago, UniCornucopia said:

If only NetRtg was a category... haha

Regardless, if he continues doing well in NetRtg he will likely continue to see decent minutes.

Should be starting but glad to see his minutes increasing Kiebler or whatever his name is trash

^ I don't really get it either. Carlisle is way too infatuated with always playing Barnes at the 4 and playing a rotation of Mejri / Nowitzki / Powell.. This guy has a 18+ PER and a decent per 36 with great %'s and about 14/8 and 1.6 steals.. I feel like his talent is rotting away on this team as purely an energy guy but he could be so much more.. Carlisle is really missing out on a legit stretch 4 PF here.. he can also knock down 3's and has barely been used in that capacity.

• Like 2

Powell finished with 13 points (6-6 FG, 1-1 FT), three steals, two rebounds and one assist in 27...
Jan. 5, 2018
minus2.png
Powell finished with 13 points (6-6 FG, 1-1 FT), three steals, two rebounds and one assist in 27 minutes during Friday's 127-124 loss to the Bulls.
Analysis: Powell had another strong performance Friday, outplaying starter Maxi Kleber who only managed to see 22 minutes of court time. Powell has now scored in double-figures in four of his last five games while also adding 1.6 steals per game. While his minutes continue to fluctuate depending on the matchup and who has the hot hand, he is someone worth keeping an eye on in deeper leagues.

28 and 27 mins the last 2 games. I hope Carlisle has seen the light.

• Like 1

jordan-crying.jpg

Was anyone else relying on Powell for some last minute stocks..?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, The Unknown said:

Ofcourse this would happen when I pick him up lol

I picked up right before the 3:30 game to stream but ended up benching him I wanted good fg% and he was the best guy available, lucky for for me I took a .441 fg% lead after the 3:30 game, the dude im going against was up in fg% so he ended up with .441 as soon i saw that benched him. 

Hahah, made the same mistake as you guys, added him for some good %'s and steals.... FML

Edited by Mad Luke

He's been getting more run lately, minutes consistently rising the past 4 games and at least a steal in the past 9 games. Mavs might play him more as season ends so I feel he can be a good pickup if you can afford it

• Like 1