IsraeliPSYCHO

John Wall 2017-2018 Season Outlook

On 11/7/2017 at 10:35 PM, ChickenPorzinger88 said:

Hey guys wondering what's up with his decrease in steals this year? Will it increase back to the mean or?

I brought up the same thing a couple of weeks ago.  It's strange, but the average has gone up ever so slightly since then.  It should increase at some point.  He's basically a big steal game away from coming close to what he should be at since it's still fairly early.

One thing he looks to have finally corrected is his FT shooting.  He's gone a combined 12/13 from the line in his last two games.  It was extremely frustrating and I actually dreaded him going to the FT line, but it was obviously all mental there since he's always been a solid FT shooter.

I'm thinking about offering Avery Bradley and Nurkic for him...good or bad? I have a feeling it's a bit much, but Wall is a special talent, and his owner just lost Gobert. 

31 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I'm thinking about offering Avery Bradley and Nurkic for him...good or bad? I have a feeling it's a bit much, but Wall is a special talent, and his owner just lost Gobert. 

As a wall owner I would laugh at ur stupid trade and hit reject 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, JChan17 said:

As a wall owner I would laugh at ur stupid trade and hit reject 

Why? Wall isn't performing like a 1st round pick this year. I feel like it's fair.

30 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Why? Wall isn't performing like a 1st round pick this year. I feel like it's fair.

You can feel however you want but as someone with Wall in a 2 player keeper league its not even close to being worth consideration.

In a regular redraft I wouldn't consider it either.  You don't give up your late 1st rounder who has slightly underperformed 4 weeks into the season without getting a certified stud back.  I liked Bradley and Nurkic-someone who has underperformed more than Wall IMO, before the season and still do.  But again, not worth considering to me as a Wall owner, let alone "a bit much" as you thought.

But go ahead and offer.  Maybe the guy in your league feels differently and you can take advantage of him. The fact that he lost Gobert for a few weeks would make me even less likely to a deal like that if I was him.  But again, people are born every minute so....

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, VaTerp said:

You can feel however you want but as someone with Wall in a 2 player keeper league its not even close to being worth consideration.

In a regular redraft I wouldn't consider it either.  You don't give up your late 1st rounder who has slightly underperformed 4 weeks into the season without getting a certified stud back.  I liked Bradley and Nurkic-someone who has underperformed more than Wall IMO, before the season and still do.  But again, not worth considering to me as a Wall owner, let alone "a bit much" as you thought.

But go ahead and offer.  Maybe the guy in your league feels differently and you can take advantage of him. The fact that he lost Gobert for a few weeks would make me even less likely to a deal like that if I was him.  But again, people are born every minute so....

Good points, I was just trying to gauge his market value. He'll get back to 1-2nd round value, which is why I'm trying to buy low on him. But I would be losing in rebounds to be sure. 

4 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

Good points, I was just trying to gauge his market value. He'll get back to 1-2nd round value, which is why I'm trying to buy low on him. But I would be losing in rebounds to be sure. 

I actually got offered my kemba and nurk for wall and saric and i took it instantly. Nurks a beast but saric has potential to start and for how consistent kemba is...he isn't as good as wall.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stickman786 said:

I actually got offered my kemba and nurk for wall and saric and i took it instantly. Nurks a beast but saric has potential to start and for how consistent kemba is...he isn't as good as wall.

I would have taken that deal as well, good job.

• Like 1

Blocks have stuck, but his steals have remained depressed. I think he still has room to rise in the rankings this season. Hated to trade him, but the offer I got was too sweet.

51 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Blocks have stuck, but his steals have remained depressed. I think he still has room to rise in the rankings this season. Hated to trade him, but the offer I got was too sweet.

What did you get for him?

And the steals avg is down quite a bit from last year but he's had at least  steal in 12 straight games, which I believe is the longest current streak in the NBA.  He's a few deflections or bounces of the ball away from being back near his career average.

His shooting percentage is come back to his avg and his FT% is down but trending in the right direction.  The blocks have been really nice but I expect those to decrease and the steals to increase.